NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 27: We few, we happy few, we band of brothers

OK, DuD, bob and Cube can be an Alliance. Team name pending.

Lottery

2 picks

Eights United @bob

AC Elites @dan\-likes\-trees

Rising Phoenix @Haden

Leeds M.O.T @Lucas3693

Intergalactico Stars @Nikos9

Yellow Submarine @Zell

Please pick a number from 1-13

Alliances

The Shield: Madpool, Hadens Rangers, Coloccini FC: 25

Eights United, Real Peeps, Recall United: 19

DuDs Baggies, bob, Cubic County: 19

Intergalactico Stars, Leeds M.O.T, Fedex United: 18

Winston Gardens, The Roger Federer Crew, Rossers Rovers: 16

(Sorry Dan, I guess I missed your post!)

@Jimbob alliance with myself and Tales?

Spotlight

Week 1: The Spotlight this week is on DuDs Baggies vs Battlestar Odwinica, please predict the total number of chances created in the game.

N-Euro Elite League Round One

*****Madpool 4-0 Winston Gardens FC*****

Madpool outclassed Gardens today with a strong line up and an early goal from Steven Gerrard starts them off ahead from the 5th minute. Archie Gay followed him up in the 26th minute with a second goal for Madpool. The second half was underway but Winston Gardens just couldn't get into their stride while Madpool were scoring goals for fun. In the 59th minute, Stanley Trainer beat the keeper for Madpool with Spence Monk following suit soon after in the 65th minute.

****Intergalactico Stars 1-2 DuDs Baggies****

Baggies' defence was rock solid this game, much to the annoyance of Intergalactico Stars who only managed two chances all game while Baggies created 7. Andy Balboa was first to score for DuDs Baggies and Brett Chan soon followed up with another to put Baggies 2-0 up within 30 minutes. Intergalactico only managed to break through once in the second half before finally Raúl González got into the penalty area and scored Intergalactico's first goal of the game... in the 94th minute.

***Yellow Submarine 4-1 Silverdale Hotpot****

Yellow Submarine have a fantastically strong team this season and they were keen to show it off against Silverdale Hotpot in the first round! Silverdale held their own in the first half as both teams were locked down to just one attempt on goal each but Yellow Submarine managed to break though in the second half with a goal from Irving Beasley in the 52nd minute. Silverdale got a lucky break in the 69th minute after being awarded a freekick which was easily scored by Hernan Orellana but suffered a bit of a setback in the 72nd minute as their forward, Ronnie Scrimshaw, was injured and a youth was brought in to replace him. Silverdale's offensive play ended there and Yellow Submarine took full advantage with Jon Lilywhite scoring in the 74th minute, followed by Nicola Delipiano in the 79th and Billy Pearson finished it all off with a freekick in the 90th minute.

*****Rising Phoenix 0-1 Battlestar Odwinica***

Rising Phoenix played strong and kept the might of Odwinica at bay for most of the game this round but were unable to score from any of their three attempts on goal. Odwinica were fighting for a chance and although they only managed one in the whole game, it was easily scored against the reserve keeper for Rising Phoenix after their first choice was injured earlier in the game. Odwinica shouldn't be struggling against weaker sides if they're to compete against Eights for the title again this season, but they got the win all the same.

****AC Elites 0-1 Eights United***

Elites are another uprising team looking to give the veterans a hard time as they nearly matched Eights United player for player. Their offence was the only area of weakness which could be why they were unable to score but Eights were in the same boat until they were offered a freekick in the 83rd minute which was scored by Dagfinn Jalland which won the game for Eights United. It's a bad sign for Eights if they have to rely on freekicks to win games but Elites faced them with a strong line up and Eights still managed to get three points away from home.

Manager of the Round: Ellmeister, AC Elites, they may not have won this round but Elites gave last season's victors a run for their money in the first round of the season and were only undone by a freekick late in the game. If they can perform this well against the strongest team in the elite league, they're going to have an easy time of it this season.

Best Performance: Madpool, easily white-washing Winston Gardens this round with a 4-1 win, could this be Madpool's season?

Player of the Round: Fritjof Tygesen, Battlestar Odwinica, a tough choice this round but Tygesen played through an injury and when his team needed him, he scored from their only chance in a game which they were in danger of losing.

N-Euro Elite League Round Two

****Eights United 4-1 Rising Phoenix***

Eights make short work of Rising Phoenix as they go 4-0 up in the first half. Severin Granås and Marvin Capwell take it in turns to score as Granås scores in the 8th and 32nd minutes while Capwell gets his goals in the 15th and 35th. Despite being so overwhelmed in the first half alone, Rising Phoenix stayed strong and at least blocked Eights from creating more than one chance in the second half and even managed a goal of their own in the 70th minute, scored by Sverrir Pedersen.

****Battlestar Odwinica 3-0 Winston Gardens FC*****

Odwinica took Winston Gardens by force this round as their team strength vastly outmatched that of Gardens' in every position. Despite this, Odwinica only managed one goal in the first half and it wasn't until the 37th minute that Bautista Miranda put one away for the veteran side. It was Bautista Miranda again in the second half, scoring a goal in the 62nd minute and finally Fritjof Tygesen scores last in the 76th minute. Perhaps we can put these two poor performances down to low form after the long off-season but Winston Gardens may be in trouble if this is to be their standard this season.

*****Yellow Submarine 6-1 Intergalactico Stars****

Submarine go from strength to strength as they annihilate Intergalactico Stars this round with a 5 goal lead! Richardo Falcao scored first in the 9th minute and Deano Irvine gets the second goal for Yellow Submarine in the 34th minute. Intergalactico weren't giving up however and in the 40th minute they gained back some ground thanks to a goal from Nikos Papadopoulos. Yellow Submarine had been strong in the first half with 7 chances but somehow they went even further in the second half to create a further 10 attempts on goal. Intergalactico had been doing well to prevent goals for a time but by the 70th minute they could no longer hold back the tsunami. Nicola Delipiano put Submarine 3-1 up in the 70th minute with Richardo Falcao scoring again in the 80th. Dean Irvine scores his second goal in the 83rd minute and Alcino Viana ends the game 6-1 with a goal in the 94th minute for Yellow Submarine.

*****DuDs Baggies 2-1 Madpool*****

Madpool started off well as Spence Monk puts them 1-0 up away from home in the 19th minute but DuDs Baggies regrouped and put them on the back foot for the rest of the half. Baggies went into the lead in the second half after a goal in the 67th minute from Matthew Izon and another in the 71st from Dudley Dhall. It was a close game but Baggies just edged ahead with three more attempts on goal than their opponents could manage but Madpool will be looking for payback in the return leg!

****AC Elites 1-4 Silverdale Hotpot****

Elites had shown so much promise last game as they nearly toppled Eights United off their first place podium but they couldn't reach the same heights this round against Silverdale Hotpot. The first round started off close with Bruno da Luz scoring in the 6th minute for Silverdale Hotpot, only for Elites to equalise in the 16th minute after a goal from Lincoln Hoult, but Hernan Orellana put Silverdale straight back into the lead with a goal in the 19th minute. Silverdale weren't finished there though and before the first half was up, Bruno da Luz had scored again to put Silverdale 3-1 up. Elites had a further two attempts on goal in the second half while Silverdale only had one but it was Silverdale who got another goal as Julian Wacek scores in the 54th minute.

Manager of the Round: Zell, Yellow Submarine, with a 5-star performance and 6 goals to Intergalactico's 1, Zell is proving his team is not one to take lightly.

Best Performance: Battlestar Odwinica, Yellow Sub may have scored more goals but Odwinica's strength and precision were unmatched this round.

Player of the Round: Nicola Delipiano, Yellow Submarine, Delipiano scored one goal out of six for Yellow Submarine but assisted in three of the others, effectively playing a part in over half of the goals scored by the team.

Edited by The Peeps

I will have 3+4 then!

(Why me also?)

@The Peeps

I'll take 1+2 please!

Why did I get 2 picks?

You were promoted and your alliance won.

bob, you were promoted and you were runner up in the spotlight competition.

Because it's slightly buried in my previous post...

Spotlight

Week 1: The Spotlight this week is on DuDs Baggies vs Battlestar Odwinica, please predict the total number of chances created in the game.

Edited by The Peeps
Automerged Doublepost

Ah, ok. I predict there will be a total of 16 chances in the game (7-9) to Odwinica.

I believe Haden is doing the middle league so that leaves the lower league completely free :)

I believe Haden is doing the middle league so that leaves the lower league completely free :)

Accepted (if that's fine). I'll have a video uploaded later (i love fibre broadband, 10 minute uploads)

I choose 6 for the lotto draw.

Spotlight: 1-1, chances 3-2

Also, I was thinking we should bring back the manager interview section we did a few seasons ago as it was quite interesting! I don't mind conducting the interviews. I can randomly select people and/or those who fancy being interviewed next just say so. I think the format before was three tailor made questions and I'll post your answers on here, then maybe Peeps or Haden you can post it in a PR for others to see on xpert!? :)

Edited by Nikos9

That was me, you go ahead, since I'm too lazy to do it again :p

OK, DuD, bob and Cube can be an Alliance. Team name pending.

BuBic ?

Also, I was thinking we should bring back the manager interview section we did a few seasons ago as it was quite interesting! I don't mind conducting the interviews. I can randomly select people and/or those who fancy being interviewed next just say so. I think the format before was three tailor made questions and I'll post your answers on here, then maybe Peeps or Haden you can post it in a PR for others to see on xpert!? :)

Sounds good to be fair, i'd be up for that. As long as I'm not your first interview :P lol

Middle League Round 2 reports.

1178617346-soccer-carling-cup-final-cardiff-city-v-liverpool-wembley-stadium.jpg

Atleltico Aquila 2-1 Bayern Neverlusen

This was a close game that saw both teams go after possession in midfield with 4-5-1 formations. Neverlusen was the stronger of the two teams to begin with as Galvao volleyed in a corner that wasn't dealt with properly to put his team in the lead. They had the game under control with 60% of possession but their grip loosened a bit when Ja in midfield was subbed for the youth Watts just before the 2nd half. The Aquila manager decided to build on this momentum by bringing Page into midfield on the 53rd minute, moments later Dujanic headed in a great ball from an in-swinging cross to make it 1-1. Aquila then brought on more experience at the back in the guise of Nieboer, this allowed fellow defender Daish to advance and find himself set up by Dujanic to blast in a fabulous long shot. Neverlusen kept the possession but had now lost all the momentum. This was a great tactical win for Aquila and Neverlusen fans will wonder where it all went wrong.

The Comrade Co-op 2-0 The 64s

This was quite an even contest with both teams creating 5 chances but Co-op with a 4-4-2 formation looked better balanced than the 3-5-2 64s. Patrin weaved down the unprotected wings of the 64s and hit in a cross that Novoseltsev powered home for a lead just before half time. A crucial goal just after half time again showed how exposed 64s were down the wings as Patrin this time headed in a floating cross. Bulatov pulled up with a nasty hamstring injury and that will be worrying for the Co-op but they have the depth to manage. This was the only downside as they held on for a valuable 2-0 win. The 64s failed to make an impact and again let another team dictate the pace.

Bob 4-2 Dragooooo

An action packed match saw bob beat Dragooooo with 4 goals to 2, bob lined up with a 3-5-2 against a more conservative 4-4-2 from Dragooooo. The match started off end to end as both teams had chances, Leppe was uncontrollable at the start smashing in a shot just outside the box before launching in a corner for Makondele to power home. After the 2nd half the captain Nouazi headed his team into a 3-0 lead as Dragoooo failed to keep out the aibourne threat their manager looked furious. However the veteran Wielink gave them some home as he spotted bobs goalie off the line and lobbed the ball over him as he desperately backtracked. Moments later Strindlov who was having a superb game took the ball past two bob defenders and nutmegged the goalie. At the death though as the game went back and forth yet again Goufran found himself unmarked in the box and headed it at the ground, the ball bounced up into the net. The home fans roared and the away fans looked on in concern.

Hadens Rangers 3-0 RFC

A Rangers sporting a 3-5-2 formation found a resilient RFC who used a defensive 5-4-1 set up. Rangers were frustrated by the RFC in the first half with 2 chances against 1 for RFC. However in the 2nd half Rangers brought on Mallett and Burlett to give the Rangers team some needed experience. The game changed immediately and the chances began to flow, Doyle set up Mallett to smash in a close range shot at 59 minutes. Two minutes later Cahill sent Mallett flying past his man with a through ball, Mallett rounded the goalie and scored. In extra time a corner from Astle was headed in by of course, Mallett. He ran to the home fans and celebrated his hat trick with them. RFC did well at first but it was all about one man today.

Real Peeps 3-4 Leeds M.O.T

Real Peeps and Leeds M.O.T both with an aggressive 3-5-2 formation went at each other in an incredible match. Garner got the game going with a curling shot that landed in the top right hand corner after 10 minutes. Leeds carried on causing trouble and when Townshend was pushed in the box, McGee stepped up to send the goalie the wrong way and make it 2-0. The Peeps crowd was still behind them and they got a vital goal against the run of play before half time, Heinzmann headed in a header off the post from a corner to make it 2-1. Peeps started the 2nd half much brighter and won another corner which McAuley this time heading in at the back post, the Leeds manager looked very upset. He was happy again at 65 minutes as that man again McGee drove home a roaring shot as defenders backed away from him on the edge of the box. Both teams were still trying to create chances and the Leeds manager screamed at his team as they gave away a free kick on the edge of their box with minutes to go. McAuley found a gap in the wall and hit it in to make it 3-3 the home fans were rocking, Peeps did not move. Largo held up play for a moment in injury team and passed it to McGee who shoved his man aside and curled the ball past the flailing hands of Caboose for the third time in the game. The Leeds manager lifted the assistant coach up into the air, Peeps stood still then turned his back on the pitch. A magnificent match.

Most Important Result: Leeds M.O.T a great away win for Leeds who showed they can more than compete with a former top league club.

Style Award: bob continues to win neutrals over with their attacking football, it was on show today for sure.

Player Award: Mallett turned the game around today making the 1st and 2nd half utterly different with his hat trick.

I am up for an interview :p

And am happy to official PR them.

Spotlight 2-1 6-2 8 chances overall

Well pleased with the result today good old Mallett! And well done to the Shield as well :D

Edited by Haden

Oh hey, Even with forgetting my tactics I drew (though with a ultra-hard ref I got a red :( ). After tomorrow I'm done with uni so I'll be a hell of a lot more active.

How long to red's last for?

I am up for an interview :p

And am happy to official PR them.

Excellent, then you shall be my first interviewee and Coloccini my second! I'll aim to do one a week at first, if it's really popular then maybe stretch to two but we'll see how it goes.

I just realised, if I post it as my own PR then that can be my press release for the week...kill two birds with one stone!

My segment shall be called...The Inter View...haha! interview-new-logo.jpg

Edited by Nikos9

Mwhahahaha! Back to winning ways! Two goals is not enough Dragooooooooo!

U betta shut up brah or Ill nok u owt cuz!

I got molested. :(

I like BuBic.

Now when we all win our respective leagues, everyone will hail BuBic... or not.