NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 27: We few, we happy few, we band of brothers

That's it, 4-5-1 every game from now on. FOREVER UNTIL THE END OF TIME.

ELITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

3-5-2. :D

Vary it, brah. Three strikers, too. Although, I don't know if you'll end up staying up in the Elite League this season anyway (it's fucking hard), so I dunno, maybe just use it as a complete development season and save money on win bonuses and so on.

I'd love another league between middle and Elite.

Every game I lose I'm saving on win bonuses :p

That's a lot of saving ;)

Seriously though, even if you're not paying out as much in terms of win bonuses, you're surely spending more money on form training as a result of losing games.

That's a lot of saving ;)

Seriously though, even if you're not paying out as much in terms of win bonuses, you're surely spending more money on form training as a result of losing games.

There's apparently some sort of offsetting that takes place, so if you play a stronger opponent you're form won't dramatically decrease if you lose. I don't know whether this is true or not, but it didn't help a great deal when I was in the Elite League.

My form has remained pretty decent actually!

BTW Zell, doing an impressive job considering you started same season as me and Haden with our new teams.

Zell started at the same time as us?

That is embarrissing... :p

Zell started at the same time as us?

That is embarrissing... :p

So is spelling embarrassing wrong :p

So is spelling embarrassing wrong :p

Here is the wierd thing I spelt it with one s firstly and looked back and thought shall I bother changing it?

Then I knew some godamn SOB like you or bob would be there making a joke of it so I went back and corrected it.

And then this happened I guess I can only react with

z212462459.gif

And putting on a 1 mil bonus in the next match we play suckaaaaaaa

So talking point: do you consider 4-5-1 a defensive formation? Or just a good one?

I think it really depends on how else you're playing. Offensively? Defensively? Long balls? Pressure? I play 451 a lot when my team is weaker because I'll play pressure and boss the midfield as my midfield is pretty strong.

Play to your own teams strengths and your oppositions weaknesses. If I see a team's defence isn't great then I'll be playing 2 forwards. If they have a strong front line I'll make sure I have a strong defence playing.

Thanks Peepsy for allowing my name changes.

I'm rather enjoying naming my players, makes it more fun to see Oddy score or Mr Madpoo assist... not that any other them will this season against all those 4-5-1's :p

Thanks Peepsy for allowing my name changes.

I'm rather enjoying naming my players, makes it more fun to see Oddy score or Mr Madpoo assist... not that any other them will this season against all those 4-5-1's :p

I might just go all out and beat you 6-0 playing 451 now. ;)

I might just go all out and beat you 6-0 playing 451 now. ;)

Play 154, he won't be expecting that.

Basically, it's with a sweeper, 5 in defence and 4 in midfield. A fake number 9. No need for an out and out centre forward.

Play 154, he won't be expecting that.

Basically, it's with a sweeper, 5 in defence and 4 in midfield. A fake number 9. No need for an out and out centre forward.

The Craig Levein school of football!

The Craig Levein school of football!

You'd need a few more defenders for that. Maybe the radical notion of playing 2 sweepers, who operate by going sideways across the pitch instead of forwards.

Good game with Eights even though we lost at the end. Injury changed the game which isn't the 1st time that's happened to us.

I lost today's game and we didn't create as many chances as I would have liked, but it wasn't a complete whitewash. 4-2 away from home isn't a terrible score.

I've been putting out competitve teams and my DVs are ok so far. 8 players are on 10+ already, including both keepers. So, I'm not too beat up about losing these games. I still expect us to go down, as our defence isn't tight enough and my strike force isn't particularly fearsome yet.

Btw, I just realised something looking at DuDs V Winston match report and I hate to drag all this up again but how is it I had to pay pretty much the going rate for the players I bought off Seahawks last season in the end and DuDs (who kicked up the fuss in the first place) got away with keeping Carrascosa - a 26-9 defender with heading, for only 300k??

Surely he should have either did what I did, (sell and buy him back at the proper amount, minus 500k mates rates) or sack the player!?

Instead, he's played him in all but one game so far, helping him towards some shock results and a nice third place spot currently in the league with the third best defensive record so far too!? ::shrug:

You had a -500,000 on each at least and he was only worth just over 1000000 when I got him (i got a screen shot on my pc as knew you'd say this) because he was injured..

I also asked for it to be sorted over and over which never happened.

so you've still had a bargain considering I payed 300,000.. do the maths that's a 700,000 saving versus your 1,000,000.

I'll willingly drop that to the 500,000 by wasting 200,000 though.

That said we've still both had a bargain on everyone else..

I'll check what he was worth at time of sale tonight and I'll pay the difference completely and you can do the same.

Anyone any ideas for getting rid of the money?

700k saving is still a massive amount. Plus its a lot less because he was injured. Outrageous! Rabble rabble rabble.

@Haden

You're going down.

Edit: EASY EASY EASY!

Well done and all that but my Scottish friend I will take you down next time I am going to unleash my Irish players!

I guess you could buy a shitty player from the transfer list DuD? And just sack him?

Checked my screen dump, he was worth 1.2mill (1,253,000 to be precise) at the time, so I made 953,000 econs in the sale..

How does everyone want this played..

1) Do you want me to buy someone shit for 953,000 econs and Nikos to do likewise and buy someone shit for 1,000,000 econs. Effectively meaning neither of us should have made money from the buys.

or

2) Do you want me to make it to the 500,000 "mates rates" bs and buy someone shit for the 453,000 econs difference and leave Nikos having made a 1,000,000 profit from the buys?

I'd prefer option 1 seeing as its fairest for everyone else in the league. Any objections @Nikos9???

Also we should buy like 2 skill players so they aren't worth using seeing as we won't be able to sack them for 30 days.