NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 27: We few, we happy few, we band of brothers

Hi everyone, Roger Federer here.

Oh dear! What a disaster it was for the Crew today. I got a little too tied up in Wimbledon preparations and forgot to set my tactics! This has been happening a lot lately - it's the reason I lost to Tsonga last week at Roland Garros! Such a shame.

Not to take anything away from Peeps, who played brilliantly throughout. Rare to see someone play such a good serve and volley game like that nowadays, in this era of big-hitting, power-baseline football. And so sorry about that injury!

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Thanks,

Roger Federer

I open the thread and see arguments, I check again and it is on a new page with a RF post.

Perfect

Hi everyone, Roger Federer here.

Oh dear! What a disaster it was for the Crew today. I got a little too tied up in Wimbledon preparations and forgot to set my tactics! This has been happening a lot lately - it's the reason I lost to Tsonga last week at Roland Garros! Such a shame.

Not to take anything away from Peeps, who played brilliantly throughout. Rare to see someone play such a good serve and volley game like that nowadays, in this era of big-hitting, power-baseline football. And so sorry about that injury!

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Thanks,

Roger Federer

joker-clapping.gif

46616-Jayma-mays-clapping-gif-GLEE-1IN8.gif

@bob to sell you a keeper, brah. Then, sack him.

He cri, evrytim!

For that remark @Fierce_LiNk, i am going to train up my spare keeper, Bob Scores Goals, and play him against you next time we meet. I suspect i shall thrash you again!

For that remark @Fierce_LiNk, i am going to train up my spare keeper, Bob Scores Goals, and play him against you next time we meet. I suspect i shall thrash you again!

Right in the feels. :(

DuD, I paid my debt and the case was settled with people agreeing 500k off per player was acceptable for me given the situation and the amount the players I bought were worth so option two is more realistic but shouldn't you be quoting his normal price as of now seeings he was bought pre-season and had plenty of time to recover from that injury before the next season. Also, when you buy someone I'm pretty sure you can sack them straight away, the 30 day thing only applies if you want to sell him.

Reports are incoming have a free weekend so will do a catchup also have new idea to debut will sort it all out this weekend.

Oh wait AC is coming out....

Must stay strong

It was close, but I'm happy with the win and being back to the top.

I bought him in the first place to show your underhand buying of players at a ridiculous cut down price (which you laughably tried to say was acceptable) and requested Peeps not to sanction the deal... The deal unfortunately went through.

I asked for Seahawks to buy back the player before his team was canned so i could have my money back... Never happened.

I ended up with an injured player that was injured for 4 WEEKS, recovering the day before the season started. (At the time if the cup had gone ahead as planned he'd have been injured at least 2 games into the season.)

Why should you make a 1,000,000 econ gain just because you knew the manager of the team that was folding??? I didn't agree at the time.. I still don't.

I am happy to pay what my player cost at the time of purchase.. full whack 1,253,000.. as if he's come straight from the market.

I believe you should too.. its not fair on the other 20 odd teams in the league.

Thank you for bringing it up ;)

There's a lot of drama in the playground tonight. N-E is becoming...interesting! :o

You also didn't check very hard because the player got re-injured the day after his recovery (in a match against you) and went on to miss the whole of the next match before making two 85 minute appearances in the following 2 games to help bring his form back up.

So of those all important 5 appearances you counted where he's bolstered my defence all by himself, he actually only played 3 of the matches.

Basically he's been very injured.

Edited by DuD

Wa wa wa, sucks to be you I get it...bored now as is everyone else! This isn't about me anyway, pay your debt like I've already done (and which has been accepted as I've already said) and lets move on!

I don't really care if one person is 1 million econ up or not. They still won't stand up to the relentless 'barrage of bob' or 'bob' for short.

Sucks to be you... I believe we're above you :p Carry on cheating your way to relegation.

I'm not paying anything until i know if we're going option 1 or 2. I don't think either of us should be making the final decision.

I thought we were done with all that, why wait so long to complain about it?

Go with option 2 please DuD to keep it simple. I'd say option 1 if this complaint had been made weeks ago but everyone accepted it at the time and I'm not dragging it all back up.

I don't agree at all with going by whatever price he's at now (if it's any different). Go by the price you actually paid.

Mates rates IS a thing, most managers here seem to be ok with it. I would definitely offer discount for any N-E members buying my players (and have done in the past - I think I sold a youth to 64s that I actually lost money on lol).

Edited by The Peeps

I've placed a 453,000 bid on a 23/2.

That's 1,253,000(value at purchase) - 500,000(discount) - 300,000(already paid)

Spotlight

Seeing as no one entered the spotlight last round, I'll do different one for Friday's games :p

Rossers Rovers vs Coloccini FC please predict the outcome and how many players will be in the Xpert Eleven team from these two sides.

interview-new-logo.jpg

Welcome to The Inter View Peeps or The Peeps Show as we could aptly call it for this edition, thanks for participating. First of all congrats on doing a great job as admin since taking over from Haden and commiserations for last seasons relegation but that's all forgotten about now you're flying high in the Middle League, level on points with third and looking good for a promotion shout again which leads me to my first question...

Question 1) Whilst you're doing well, as the strongest team in the league on paper you could be doing better, are you happy with the way the season is progressing? It seems as though you're coasting a bit and if you really wanted to you could push to be first place or is it more of a case of the Middle League being so competitive that victory isn't as easy as it seems?

The season could be going better for us that's true, we've had a game or two that we could've won but we can't play our strongest line-up every game. My ultimate goal is the elite league title and until we're ready to claim it, results just aren't that important. We could go all out and win every game but it's not worth trying to win every game at this stage if it's going to hinder your development. Even though we have a small team, we don't have the same line-up every game. It is also true that the middle league is very competitive. I may have the strongest team but there are 4 other teams also with a strength rating of 8 and four below them on 7. This is a very close division in terms of strength. I'm aiming for promotion but I won't sacrifice development for it. As long as I don't get relegated, I'm happy.

Question 2) Looking at your team there seems to be a fair balance of young and old but with a couple of retirees in Birch and Blessed on the horizon with possibly a few more soon to follow, is a squad reshape on the cards soon or are you happy with how the future is looking? If so, will you be looking to bring in youth, veterans or both and what attributes will you look out for.

It's a shame to see those players retire as they are two of only three players remaining from when I first got the team, but I've only had them as reserves for the last three seasons so it's not a great loss to the strength of the team. I think I have a good development system but no matter how well you plan, you can never guarantee that every player will raise every season which leads me to my midfield.

We had a shake up not long ago but the midfield just didn't develop as well as our defence did so I had to lose a couple of players. Now I've kind of reset the midfield again and I would've liked a 20-8 or something for balance this season but now I think I'll wait until next season so I can build up some funds. I've just signed a new youth defender which I think tops off my defence for the next few seasons and if we're promoted this season I'll maybe look at another forward. Generally I'm happy with the current team and I am working towards something with them.

Question 3) I couldn't help but notice you have five teams on the go on xpert, tell us a bit about how you got into that and how you find managing the other sides etc. Do you find you forget tactics or training more when the attention is spread so widely and do you have different philosophies for your other teams? Most importantly, how do the other leagues compare to N-Euro, are the other teams there as involved or dedicated and which do you get the most satisfaction from?

When I became admin for this league it freed up a space for a new team (you can have 2 teams in leagues you're admin of, one official team and another three teams in leagues run by others) and I was very pleased as it meant I could join a league that ran games on mondays and thursdays (thursdays were the only days when I would have no matches being played). So now I have at least one game every day of the week and I've not forgotten tactics once. I love the game and as soon as I've watched a match, I set up the tactics for the next one.

My N-E team was my first team and I had no idea what I was doing at first so it's taken a while for me to rebuild it into something worthwhile. With my other teams I've started off knowing what to do so it's been easier to craft decent sides. I tend to stick to the same philosophy with balance and the training regiment so eventually I hope my teams will look identically strong. I could ramble on for 2 pages about all of my teams so I'll leave it at that!

The other leagues I'm in are as active (or more so) as this one but I don't think there's any more dedicated than us. We have the most going on aside from the main game with the amount of discussion we have as well as the reports and the lottery games. N-E satisfies my thirst for more Xpert and I care about doing well in this league the most, but I don't think Real Peeps is my best team just yet.

Any final words...

I hope that every team in our league is happy and now that we've reached 30 active teams I would very much like to keep it that way. If anyone ever has any suggestions for the league or if they have anyone they know who'd like to join, I am completely open to them. I know frustrations can run high this game and I like the dedication and passion members have for it but at the end of the day it's a game just for fun and while I love the banter, I think sometimes people get a bit carried away. I wouldn't like any members to feel unwelcome. Of course, for every minor argument you have fantastic posts from the likes of Dan-Likes-Trees and generally good-humoured posts from members like bob and Roger Federer as well as the reports and this series of interviews. I'm happy to be a part of The N-Euro Championship!

Great job Peeps, I'm sure we'll be seeing you back in the top flight in no time. Our games have always been full of goals and drama so I look forward to the time we can resume our battles. Best of luck for the rest of the season!

The Inter View list:-

1. Haden

2. Coloccini

3. Madpool

4. Peeps

5. Eights

6. Balbuzards

7. Co-op

8. Fedex

9. Recall

10. bob

11. Cubic

12. Valyrian Steelers (Alliance)

Keep an eye out for the next Inter View with reigning two time Elite League champion Eights Utd this weekend!

Edited by Nikos9

Spotlight

Seeing as no one entered the spotlight last round, I'll do different one for Friday's games :p

Rossers Rovers vs Coloccini FC please predict the outcome and how many players will be in the Xpert Eleven team from these two sides.

I am going for 4-3 to Coloccini and 6 players in the 11.

Also Peeps, i resent the fact that you believe i take this game anything but deadly serious.

Spotlight

Score 3-1 with 4 players in the Xpert Eleven!

@Jon Dedede how's it going with your team? Looks like you've made a few good purchases so far. Shame about your defence at the moment, an injury and a suspension!

Spotlight

2-2 with 4 players in the Xpert Eleven.

2-1 with 2 players in xpert.

Prove me wrong Milagi! FOR THE SHIELD!!!!!! :hug:

Hmmm, anyone else notice the sneaky greyed-out 'cup' option on the main page now?

That might make cups easier to organise, although it could put Jimbob out of a job.