NEurope
Jonnas

Eurovision 2013

Voting isn't as political as people might think. The eurovision has vastly improved in quality over the last couple of years in my opinion. For a couple of years already, 50% of the votes are given by a professional jury in each country, and 50% come from televoting.

tumblr_inline_mmzr313ffF1qz4rgp.gif

And the silly stuff is a good laugh nonetheless

Edited by M_rock

I watched the semi-finals and all I'm going to say is... Greece to win!

I always laugh at how we/the British always moan about political voting. Maybe if we sent a good artist and with a good song, maybe we'd do better.

Last year's winner was absolutely brilliant. I still listen to it to this day.

Never been a fan of singing contests, I find them boring as hell.

Now that you mentioned last year's winner... Germany's song sounded very similar to it.

Meanwhile, Spain, France, Russia and Estonia seemed good so far.

Lol, Finland :laughing:

That's it. Pack it up folks, aint nothing topping that Romanian masterpiece :laughing:

Our entry is bleeeh. Why are we going for a ballad? I wish we did something that was a bit quicker and had more of an edge to it, or some kind of beat. It's slowwwww.

I quite enjoyed Romania's entry, which brings their total fanbase to two. :p

Our entry is bleeeh. Why are we going for a ballad? I wish we did something that was a bit quicker and had more of an edge to it, or some kind of beat. It's slowwwww.

I quite enjoyed Romania's entry, which brings their total fanbase to two. :p

Make that three :p Along with Denmark and Finland I might vote for it.

As for Britain, it was as disappointing live as I expected it. If she only went for a I need a Hero - similar song we would see the contest in London next year.

Edited by Tales

Make that three :p Along with Denmark and Finland I might vote for it.

As for Britain, it was as disappointing live as I expected it. If she only went for a I need a Hero - similar song we would see the contest in London next year.

Go Team Romania! :D

We just need to have a bit more fun with it, like Greece did. We keep choosing the wrong types of songs and trying to get the "oh, a famous person" vote, which hasn't been working.

We'll finish in the bottom 5, I expect.

Just tuned in and the lady in white doesn't look bad.

Song is horrible, though.

Norway I assume. Call me biased but I like her and the song:)

And I'll add Iceland, Denmark, Hungary and Greece to the songs I liked.

Also Romania since, as far as insane stuff goes, it was pretty well made, and the guy does have an impressive voice.

Nothing that stood out particularly. At least not compared to last year with Loreen and Euphoria. That medley she did of her songs was by far the best performance. I'd say give it back to Sweden just for that performance.

I see it being between Denmark, Germany (mainly because of Cascada's clout) and Greece. Thought Bonnie Tyler's voice didn't really carry well in that arena and the song wasn't great either.

Looks like Denmark will win this. Glad to see Greece and Malta doing pretty well, they both sang well.

Looks like the UK will finish in the bottom 5. Ireland aren't doing too well, either.

Thought the Swedish Smorgasbord thing was really good. Worth it just for:

"In all the big cities

The men don't have titties"

:laughing:

Poor, poor France and Spain :( At least I like the winner.

Thought the Swedish Smorgasbord thing was really good. Worth it just for:

"In all the big cities

The men don't have titties"

:laughing:

That whole segment was fantastic. It shows that they have a fantastic sense of humour. :D

Well done to Denmark for winning. I bet @Dannyboy\-the\-Dane is dancing in the streets right now.

Well, I danced around the living room! :D

That was amazing, and I'm so happy for Emmelie for winning. We had competition from some other great songs - I particularly liked the Netherlands and Norway - but there were also some truly surprising ones. I cannot get over the fact that Italy and especially Greece did so well - the former was boring as heck and the latter was completely ridiculous.

Oh, yeah, and Sweden's smorgasbord song was ingenious!

Greece was awesome. So catchy and good-humoured.

But I can't see why Azerbaijan and Norway did so well. The former was bland (with a presentation that didn't make any sense, either), and Norway was like a clash of different things, none of them mixing.

Had a great time at the 'eurovision party'. We had a lot of drinking rules that helped make the evening fun! I'll write up what we played with tomorrow (if there's interest), and I'd definitely do it again.

Ukraine lady can come stay in my place if she wants. Prrr.

Well done Denmark :D Fun to see the contest in all scandinavian countries within 5 years :)

I bet Dannyboy pissed himself with excitement when Denmark won!

Well deserved! I was rooting for it to win! Second time I got the winner right! (First was Euphoria). Love the song! Caught myself humming it this morning and then singing "ONLY TEAAAAAAAAAAAARDROOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS".

Next year, can we enter with the Gladiators theme tune? We might have a chance then!

Edited by Animal