NEurope
Jonnas

Eurovision 2013

Haha last place for Ireland :heh:

Bet the radio and newspapers will be all like "Why Europe No Like Us" wondering how we did so poorly.....here's an idea..... the song wasn't good enough? :heh:

Didn't actually watch last night (first one I missed in YEARS) decided my time was better spent playing Monster Hunter, and it was :D

Could hardly believe the UK got over 20 points, I was on my laptop as the songs were playing and I completely missed it, shows how good I thought it was.

Why do UK keep submitting old singers far past their prime that inevitably will bomb?

#MILF

-----

I also liked Romania's entry. It had a certain something to it that made it interesting to listen to.

Still can't believe we got over a 100 points for what is essentially a song that would've never made it anywhere near that a couple of years ago.

I also really liked Greece's entry, very wild, but very well performed and good music.

Voted for Greece but glad they didn't win as they would have had to fork out running the show next year. For once this years Eurovision host, Petra Mede was good as was Graham Norton.

Yeah, I did wonder why Greece entered such a good song, considering what would happen if they won it. :heh: A lot of songs are all chorus, but this had a great verse, bridge and chorus. I loved the way it built excitement.

Petra Mede was fantastic. I am always in awe (and a little bit ashamed) when someone's English is so good and it's not their native language. She was funny too. Graham Norton expressed a lot of respect for her on the commentary.

By the way, I genuinely had this dream last night. I went to watch a Eurovision show (it was like a tour) and the halfway act was 2010's entry from Armenia:

The singer came up to me and touched my arm. I was so excited I ran around shouting "The Apricot Stone woman touched my arm!" :laughing: