N-Europe

Recommend me a game

Jimbob

Aloha all

As a new Wii-U owner, i'm in need of a recommendation. I'm currently getting New Super Mario Bros U and i'm probably picking up a second title to go with it. Which is where i am stumped. Obviously, the 3rd party titles in Batman, Mass Effect and Assassins Creed are out of the question as i have these on the 360. I would need something to keep me going for a while.

"To keep me going for a while"

I would recommend Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. There is opportunity to sink 100s of hours into it if you wanted to.

My collection so far is:

MH3 U

NSMB

Tekken Tag 2

Sonic Racing

Darksiders II

Zombi U

If I had to choose one out of that list apart from MH and mario it would be Zombi U. Its absolutely terrifying gripping stuff!

In terms of retail, I'd go with Nintendo Land, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Sonic Racing Transformed and ZombiU (in that order).

eShop wise, go with Nano Assault Neo, Bit Trip Runner 2 and Toki Tori 2 (also consider Little Inferno, if quirky non-gamey games are your kind of thing).

Virtual Console wise, get everything on there that you don't otherwise own (except for Pacman, there are much better versions than the NES one out there).

Just a word of warning though. MH3U is a massive game that will keep you hooked for hundreds of hours, but it is complex and requires patience & dedication. It's not immediately accessible like Nintendo Land (hence why I suggested that first).

Retail :

Sonic Racing Transformed - If you haven't got it on your 360, it's currently £7.99 at HMV. Very good kart racer.

LEGO City Undercover - Lot's of fun and will take a good 15 hours to finish story mode, and many more hours to 100% by exploring the whole city.

ZombiU - Solid campain mode, and some on the forums have played it through several times.

Black Ops 2 - The online isn't perfect, but it offers multiple controls schemes and you and a friend can play online at the same time from your own home on seperate screens.

Injustice Gods Among Us - Accessible fighter with plenty to keep you busy.

Need for Speed Most Wanted U - Best version of the game, hours or fun.

E-Shop :-

Download Bit Trip Runner 2, Nano Assault Neo and Zen Pinball 2 (there's a sale this week on Marvel tales) for addictive gameplay and high score challenges. You can also currently grab the NES version of Kirby's Adventure for 30 pence, and don't forget the FREE Rayman Challenges app.

Edited by welsh_gamer

If you want to spend hours on a game and you like the sound of it then definitely Monster Hunter, but I would say you have to give Zombi U a go.

Like others say £7.99 for Sonic Racing is an absolute bargain and a great kart race if you like those.

If you play locally with friends/family the Nintendoland is amazing with a surprising amount of single player content.

I've got Wii VC games to play once the transfers done and a replay of Galaxy II. Probably will go for Monster Hunter. What's the controls like for it, will i need the classic controller or will the touch-pad/nunchuck controls work just as well?

Edited by Jimbob

I've got Wii VC games to play once the transfers done and a replay of Galaxy II. Probably will go for Monster Hunter. What's the controls like for it, will i need the classic controller or will the touch-pad/nunchuck controls work just as well?

Gamepad controls are fine, you don't need anything else :)

I would recommend skipping the demo though. It doesn't accommodate newcomers whatsoever and explains nothing about the game. The full game on the other hand does a good job of easing you in.

Best to just jump in blind :)

Best games for me are Batman, but as you're not getting that, ZombiU which is sublime in its frightening pacing making your underpowered character aware of every movement in the darkness with trepidation. The other 2 are NintendoLand, but for me you will require local companions to get the most out of this, and NFS:MW, brilliant.

Nano Assault Neo and Zen Pinball 2 are worth getting, too, especially the latter now as there is a 50% sale on Marvel tables until next week.

Gamepad controls are fine, you don't need anything else :)

I would recommend skipping the demo though. It doesn't accommodate newcomers whatsoever and explains nothing about the game. The full game on the other hand does a good job of easing you in.

Best to just jump in blind :)

Aye, i'll most likely pick it up on the way home. Hopefully the WiiU's been delivered today, so the weekend will be Ninty-fueled. If not, hopefully tomorrow it arrives.

@Jimbob Don't forget to post up your NNID, so some of us can join you on a hunt one day.

I won't forget, as soon as it's setup i'll post in the relevant areas. Probably will pickup Lego City at some point, but maybe in July after i've got both 3DS titles i've ordered (and how finances are by then)

I won't forget, as soon as it's setup i'll post in the relevant areas. Probably will pickup Lego City at some point, but maybe in July after i've got both 3DS titles i've ordered (and how finances are by then)

Don't forget to play Mafia games next time either! You really let the team down.

Don't forget to play Mafia games next time either! You really let the team down.

Jeez, you're like a dog with a bone! :indeed:

Personally I'd recommend MH3, but the demo does it absolutely no justice. It's essentially a lot of...collecting stuff, and getting better stuff, to collect more stuff, all involving killing stuff of various levels. Also doing it no justice. I feel it could appeal to anyone who's played mmorpgs, it isn't one, but the collecting specific things to make other specific things, taking certain quests etc gives me that kind of vibe. Plus I hear it's pretty awesome online, but I've mostly played offline(clocked about 13 hours so far, with plenty more to do).

Need for speed most wanted is liked by many, myself included(just MH taking all my love atm); the online can be a bit of a laugh too. Only criticism is the fact it's an older game at a premium price. Having not played the previous ones, I'm not sure how much new the wii u version really adds to it.

I'd second dazzybee's suggestion of Sonic All Stars Racing if they're still available at any HMVs for £8; I've played a few hours and it seems pretty cool - standard kart racer fare but refreshing for me as I've only ever really played mario karts.

Only other two games I've got are ZombiU, which I haven't played, and Darksiders which I got for sub-£15 - it's nothing groundbreaking and I've only got a couple hours on it - but seems good for what it is. Feels quite God of Warish to me, but I've only played GodofWar3 for a few hours too.

My biggest recommendation for before the 15th May if you haven't already @Jimbob - download Kirby's adventure for 30p! I'm terribly biased as a massive kirby fan but I think it's still brilliant - but hey, you can't go wrong for 30p!

Edited by Rummy

Didn't know that was a Wii-U title?

Yeah i know, apologies. Was feeling a little down of recent, my rant in the bad thread probably explains it.

Didn't know that was a Wii-U title?

Yeah i know, apologies. Was feeling a little down of recent, my rant in the bad thread probably explains it.

That's fine, but if you could contact the GM next time to find a replacement that would be much appreciated. I wouldn't say anything but you've done this a number or times and it can have a big effect on your team.

That's fine, but if you could contact the GM next time to find a replacement that would be much appreciated. I wouldn't say anything but you've done this a number or times and it can have a big effect on your team.

So can lying to them :p Of course, you do realise how completely off-topic this is to be discussing it here, though? It's absolutely of no relevance to this forum, and really wasn't needed to be mentioned in this thread in the first place.

@Jimbob, with Darksiders if it does interest you, I'd recommend picking it up sooner rather than later. I've been trying to find it for a good price for my mate but a lot of places don't seem to be selling it anymore, which is probably related to THQ going under and all - it's good at what is does if you like a bit of hack'n'slash!

So can lying to them :p Of course, you do realise how completely off-topic this is to be discussing it here, though? It's absolutely of no relevance to this forum, and really wasn't needed to be mentioned in this thread in the first place.

@Jimbob, with Darksiders if it does interest you, I'd recommend picking it up sooner rather than later. I've been trying to find it for a good price for my mate but a lot of places don't seem to be selling it anymore, which is probably related to THQ going under and all - it's good at what is does if you like a bit of hack'n'slash!

I appreciate it's off topic but he hasn't returned to the Mafia forum since despite being pretty active on this board, so I thought I'd mention it here. It's one of those things that did need mentioning one way or another as he's always doing it and it frankly isn't fair.

Edited by Sheikah

I appreciate it's off topic but he hasn't returned to the Mafia forum since despite being pretty active on this board, so I thought I'd mention it here.

Half the time, i leave the forum open and wander off. So it may seem i'm on 24/7, but i may not be. I'll inform the GM next time if i become that inactive, heck i missed the Xpert draw this week.

Still, back on topic. Hack n slashes @Rummy are something i have a bit of interest in playing, so i may have a look into Darksiders. But as you said, the quicker i do it the better.

Half the time, i leave the forum open and wander off. So it may seem i'm on 24/7, but i may not be. I'll inform the GM next time if i become that inactive, heck i missed the Xpert draw this week.

Still, back on topic. Hack n slashes @Rummy are something i have a bit of interest in playing, so i may have a look into Darksiders. But as you said, the quicker i do it the better.

Cheers. That's all I wanted to hear!