N-Europe

Nintendo Exp-element Mafia

DuD

Vote: Sheikah

Answer the questions put to you. Why would Donkey Kong be roleblocking in that manner. Sounds more like Dr. Mario.

Ok, the questions as far as I can see

- Why not reveal when Rummy said the thing he knew was in the thread?

Because revealing was not going to cause me to win the game, and because Rummy can't possibly have known everything about me (he may have known I targeted Magnus but that's about it). I was not ok with revealing all my info on D2 to someone who could have just openly said in a polite manner that he saw me target Magnus hence he was voting me. He instead dragged it on for pages and took rather a nasty tone with me.

Why would DK result in that writeup?

As DK I hammer people into the ground to roleblock people. Afterwards I have a choice to spin them around so they receive no detail of what happened during the night. Now I thought this would mean they get no PM which would at least mean they wouldn't know if they succeeded rather than think they were date raped. Instead this really is not much better than having not spun them.

Then why did you mention the info gatherer part?

I suspect your attitude is the main thing convincing people.

Because at the time it appeared like it might contradict Yvonne's statement which was casting me in a scummy light. Even without telling people that I was an info gatherer, being a roleblocker is enough to be a target of the Mafia.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm happy to spend the rest of the game proving to people that my targets aren't scummy, and I'm open to target suggestions.

I'd appreciate if there was one more remove vote to prevent a double voter hammer from hero or Yvonne (although that would be pretty suspect IMO).

it doesn't exonerate you from dodging my, may I remind you, very accurate questions all day.

Saying "I know what you did last summer, so confess now or else" is not exactly an accurate question.

Even though it took you several pages to bring into Sheikah's target into the mix and as such "your" information was verified (I say yours like that because you could garner it from a potential mafia teammate?) but it would've been much more productive to give a little more than "I still know what you did last summer, now confess or I will post this again".

Do you want to come clean why Donkey Kong was date-raping someone rather than hitting them or giving them a banana?

My guess would involve throwing a barrel at them, but it's been revealed to be... a hammer? Of all things. Most suspicious.

I don't trust you Sheikah. If you were that worried about your info gathering powers being known, and actually made people believe you were town, surely you would be afforded some kind of protection. He wasn't making a baseless accusation, and by asking you to come clean first, it meant you could not alter your version of events. In the end, he came out with it first anyway.

If you are town, I apologise, but as I said, I have my own reasons for trusting Rummy, and you haven't acted in the most town-like way, in my opinion.

I don't believe you either.

Your claim seems very overpowered. You're a roleblocker, so automatically you stop someone from completing their night action (that's the point). However, you also have the CHOICE to 'spin them around' which stops them receiving details of what happened in the night. However, when you did this to Marcus he DID receive information on what had happened to him. And why would that be an optional power? Why would your power not just be 'you roleblock but it's not obvious that it's you that's doing it' or something? Why have the option to send someone information on them being roleblocked by DK? And then you also have the ability to track on top of that? You have a three-tiered power, which seems massively overpowered and the whole spinning around thing doesn't really make any sense.

Saying "I know what you did last summer, so confess now or else" is not exactly an accurate question.

Even though it took you several pages to bring into Sheikah's target into the mix and as such "your" information was verified (I say yours like that because you could garner it from a potential mafia teammate?) but it would've been much more productive to give a little more than "I still know what you did last summer, now confess or I will post this again".

My guess would involve throwing a barrel at them, but it's been revealed to be... a hammer? Of all things. Most suspicious.

Yeah, that's the point. The way he went about it was not right.

@Mr\-Paul, I don't see why I would be protected any longer once it was known I was a roleblocker, especially given Rummy's vote on me right from the very start. He would have just gone down the path that I only revealed it once I was 'caught out'. Admitting to being a roleblocker after someone to tells you to admit it is hardly protection candidate material, is it?

I also don't see how it was a chance to come clean or be held to a specific story. What story? After an epic wait he finally accused me or something solid, which I admitted instantly, as I said I would if it was true.

Also EEVIL I don't use a hammer, rather I hammer into the ground. I think it's DK's horizontal smash move in brawl that buries them into the ground.

I don't believe you either.

Your claim seems very overpowered. You're a roleblocker, so automatically you stop someone from completing their night action (that's the point). However, you also have the CHOICE to 'spin them around' which stops them receiving details of what happened in the night. However, when you did this to Marcus he DID receive information on what had happened to him. And why would that be an optional power? Why would your power not just be 'you roleblock but it's not obvious that it's you that's doing it' or something? Why have the option to send someone information on them being roleblocked by DK? And then you also have the ability to track on top of that? You have a three-tiered power, which seems massively overpowered and the whole spinning around thing doesn't really make any sense.

No basically, in choosing to do the spin I stop them from receiving any info at all (I assume this means anything they might have observed even after being roleblocked). I thought this meant I could roleblock people without them knowing they would have been roleblocker. But, apparently not.

The tracking thing - I see everyone who has ever targeted that person in the process by looking at the markings on them. So it becomes less useful throughout the game, but is still fairly useful overall.

It does sound somewhat scummy that I can roleblock and stop people receiving additional info, but it is what it is. I was a bit shocked when I got my role PM, but in the end there's nothing I can do about it. DuD's game.

I'm assuming the day will end by midnight, tonight. I will place a vote on Sheikah if he cannot convince me by 22:00. That is, unless something more productive comes up.

I know it's easy to look at the number of votes and think there must be something there, but seriously I'm asking you to consider that I'm actually a town roleblocker who targeted you randomly to get some info. It was N1 after all - it's not like I roleblocked a you after you had been confirmed to be a solid town lead or someone with an uber role.

Really though you might expect town to have at least one sort of roleblocker, if that helps you to believe.

And like I said, if town don't lynch me I will report in at the beginning of every day with my target, why I targeted them and who else targeted them. If I don't, or the person I claim to target says he felt no effect, then lynch me then.

The tracking thing - I see everyone who has ever targeted that person in the process by looking at the markings on them.

That's the most insanely powerful role ever.

And that's ignoring the roleblocking and pm-blocking powers.

That's the most insanely powerful role ever.

And that's ignoring the roleblocking and pm-blocking powers.

As if. Are you serious?

So by D5, I see that maybe 8 different people have 'marked' the person I roleblocked. I know nothing about their roles, which day they targeted them or anything else.

The only day I can for sure work out anything is N1 - I know for sure any marks are from that night.

Also you are totally spinning the PM thing - I am already roleblocking my target so what useful PM info were they ever going to get? And I don't block a PM anyway, as I found out from Magnus, so the spinning thing is essentially worthless.

OK so if I were to vote Sheikah, the day would end. The last time I was in this position, the right call would have been to lynch...

Sheikah, can you recap all the information that's out about you briefly? I'm sorry, I'm really fucked up today, I can't face doing the analysis.

@Sheikah there's a mention, forgot to add it.

OK so if I were to vote Sheikah, the day would end. The last time I was in this position, the right call would have been to lynch...

Sheikah, can you recap all the information that's out about you briefly? I'm sorry, I'm really fucked up today, I can't face doing the analysis.

@Sheikah there's a mention, forgot to add it.

Sure.

I'm a roleblocker, town, and I'm Donkey Kong. I targeted Magnus last night. I wouldn't have targeted someone on the first night but I have the added bonus of seeing all markings on a player (ie. I get a list of all the players ever to target them). I learnt no one else but me so far has targeted Magnus. No one has disputed this.

Additionally I have the option to spin people around after targeting them, but it appears all this does is makes the recipient feel dizzy and forgetful as opposed to feeling like they were hammered into the ground...

So far I've gladly offered to reveal every target I make in future at the beginning of the day, as well as my justification for targeting and a list of players to target them. I'm also the only person claiming to be a roleblocker; at least no other townie has come to cast doubt on me being town over this.

I really hope you don't hammer this with your double. This isn't the same as your last game, and I'll do whatever it takes to prove that to you.

Sheikah claims to be Donkey Kong, with a power that made Magnus Peterson feel like he was date-raped.

Furthermore, he's claiming to be a roleblocker with info-gathering extra powers, and it all came off like he was making stuff up to make his power look innocent. Especially the spin part which he used to explain Magnus's dizzy feelings.

Most people are voting for him because he was way too reluctant to answer Rummy's questions back when he made them. You know, like a mafioso wanting to know what kind of info got out.

Anyway, I just made the case as to why people are doubting Sheikah's story. Maybe I forgot something.

TBH I believe it. A 6 person town is likely to be OP to balance the game. I think that's why I have a double vote, and why Sheikah has all these extra powers.

I have an option to boost my power, but I can't just use it nilly-willy like Sheikah claims his power does. One of the reasons I'm not buying his story.

And I don't think a double vote is anywhere near as powerful as what Sheikah is claiming.