N-Europe

Drive Club

Cube

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My one question is.....is it the full game? They said Drive Club Plus Edition will be free to download for plus members. Still in the post conference show they had some Sony guy reinforcing how Microsoft's new freebie service pales in comparison as Sony are constantly offering new current games as part of Instant Game Collection.

In what universe does that look bad? Looks just fine for a build of the game that's supposed to be quite old. Anyway Motorstorm looked like shit just months before it was due and that turned out fine.

I meant It looks early. There is no cars to race against etc. They keep talking about social but I am hardly seeing any game here.

Edited by Choze

Looks boring as heck to me :blank:

Agreed. I basically wanted to say its a waste of space :p So I hope its just a bad build or whatever but there is little time left. Killzone was also roughish but far more promising. Funnily the gameplay aspect had a bigger impact than the visuals for KZ but its a weak showing at e3. It does seem the launch titles have tons of pressure right now.

Agreed. I basically wanted to say its a waste of space :p So I hope its just a bad build or whatever but there is little time left. Killzone was also roughish but far more promising. Funnily the gameplay aspect had a bigger impact than the visuals for KZ but its a weak showing at e3. It does seem the launch titles have tons of pressure right now.

Is Destiny a launch game because that's what really seemed to 'WOW' me but I heard it was a 2014 release.

Is Destiny a launch game because that's what really seemed to 'WOW' me but I heard it was a 2014 release.

Yeah I heard 2014 as well.

As I wrote before I did what DriveClub PS Plus Edition exactly means, they were very careful with how they worded seems my thoughts were well founded:

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/06/11/driveclubs-ps-plus-edition-detailed/

Just a quick one on this because there’s been a lot of people asking.

The PS Plus edition of DriveClub, revealed yesterday, will – according to Evolution – be the full version of the game in terms of features and mechanics.

However, it will launch with a cut-back number of tracks and cars.

This’ll mean that players will be immediately able to jump into the game, form clubs and compete online.

I asked whether that would mean more cars and tracks would appear as DLC to bulk up the game to the ‘full’ version but didn’t get an official comment.

The PS Plus version will be part of the Plus subscription.

The game handles great – it’s really smart and plays well despite the version on show being just 35% complete.

But more on that soon.

I've seen other articles compare it GT Prologue, which from what I understand still had a ton of content.

Also kinda crazy that the version on show is only 35% give how relatively close we are to launch- that points to 2 possible scenarios. Plus Edition is a stop gap and Drive Club won't be a launch title. OR it's just an older build that stable and they'd rather present that than the current build.

Yeah this game was the most rough of the Ps4 launch games at the show. The others Sony games were also rough but less so.

Destiny is next year and looks great. More importantly it looks like they got a good concept that should work well.

• 2 months later...

Sounds like a good deal to me!

From Push Square

GamesCom 2013: Evolution Steers DriveClub Pre-Order Details Online

What you'll see in shops

Box art also crosses the finish line

large.jpg

You may be hoping that Sony turns the ignition on some new PlayStation 4 titles this week, but the platform holder has also promised to provide some updates on the system’s existing lineup. That’s started this afternoon with the confirmation of DriveClub’s pre-order bonuses. If you register your interest in the racer at participating retailers, you’ll score early access to the Mercedes Benz SLS AMG Coupe, McLaren 12C, and RUF RT 12 R. Even better, each car will come with an exclusive livery and a boost in Fame.

Furthermore, if you pre-order the game at retail, you’ll receive a 50 per cent discount voucher for a 12 month PlayStation Plus membership in Europe, and a free three month trial in North America. Assuming that you’re already a subscriber, you’ll be able to download a special version of the game, which will allow you to test drive all of the title’s modes and feature. You’ll be able to add to this vanilla version by purchasing more vehicles, or by splashing out on a full upgrade pack.

The game’s final box art is embedded, too. Developer Evolution Studios has promised to show off an updated version of the title during its show, which will hopefully show a marked improvement over the release’s disappointing E3 demo.