N-Europe

Killzone: Mercenary (4th Sep)

Cube

It's been a year and I don't think a Vita game has had it's own thread. This is probably the biggest Vita game currently announced (along with Tearaway):

I've not properly played a Killzone game before, but this looks interesting and the gameplay looks brilliant. I with games like this would stop with the stupid on-screen QTE swipes, though.

Those graphics are pretty obscene.

If they can get some good replayability in the single player then I can't see this not being great. I saw somewhere they are a few different sub-missions thing per level, like a speed run, a stealth run or only using certain weapons.

Out in Spetember you say? Link up with a PS4 Killzone launch game?

Multiplayer FPS games can work on handhelds, absolutely loved Metroid Prime Hunters online back in the day. This looks like it's sticking to the old weapon hierarchy, which is boring because the M82 is hands down the best gun in the game.

Killzone 2 had some tremendous multiplayer ideas and played host to some of the best FPS matches I've ever played. Shame Killzone 3 completely killed it.

This is a different developer though, right?

• 6 months later...

Bump/merge yo.

Loving this! I actually ended in first place on my first ever game, even though I joined part way through, have never played a Killzone before and didn't even know the controls or objectives :p

Something about playing an FPS on this small screen is a little bit claustrophobic, and at the same time really brings you into the game. Visually stunning.

Edited by Shorty

I havent managed to get into a game yet, everytime I try I get kicked due to connection problems.

Happened to me 30 seconds before the end of a match.

Pissed me off.

My internet connection is crappy, so the match itself was almost unplayable for me.

It's still fun, though, but I have to wait 'til October. Hopefully my connection will be better then.

There were tons of connection issues for everyone yesterday.

I unlocked a few guns. The machine pistol is considerably nerfed over its KZ3 counterpart. Only fires in bursts now. Not much damage. The magnum pistol is decent. Classic Grenade is a must. Can be cooked.

Remember you can remove all ui elements in options. Game is very pretty.

• 2 weeks later...

Same. For those considering digital its a little over four and half gigabytes including the first patch.

EcDyV6v.jpg

Probably the first game not compatible with a 4gb card?

2013-09-03-013310hvsyu.jpg

2013-09-03-013735b2swh.jpg

killmanlegendsreckoniv9s6m.jpg

Worth pointing out that the game is not as full featured as KZ2's multiplayer and is missing bots. Its still pretty good going by the beta. As far as handhelds go this is the best fps i have played multiplayer wise.

So glad my 32GB memory card arrived. That patch size is ridiculous.

Is it easy to change cards? Do I just cloud sync all my saves and re-download all my games? Or do I back it all up to the PS3 and then swap the card and restore from backup?

So glad my 32GB memory card arrived. That patch size is ridiculous.

Is it easy to change cards? Do I just cloud sync all my saves and re-download all my games? Or do I back it all up to the PS3 and then swap the card and restore from backup?

Computer is the best. Otherwise just use plus to upload saves and download any game you own? Which ofcourse is annoying because we cant search our download list...

Vita saves your memory card state now. So the bubbles are in their same positions.

Computer is the best. Otherwise just use plus to upload saves and download any game you own? Which ofcourse is annoying because we cant search our download list...

Vita saves your memory card state now. So the bubbles are in their same positions.

Is the computer better than doing the PS3 backup? I've not set my computer up at all.

I think this is the first time Shopto have failed to get a game to me early. It was shipped yesterday as well. Anyone else preorder their copy from them and have it arrive today?

Oh watch out, that happened to me with a game and it never turned up, it has pretty much always been day before release if pre-ordering... having said that though it will more than likely turn up tomorrow.

Great.... :(

I'm not saying it will happen or trying to jinx it or anything but I was just trying to prepare you for the possibility; chances are this time tomorrow you'll be blasting your way through Killzone like a man possessed! : peace: