N-Europe

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros.

Retro_Link

Possibly, I see now I added an imaginary i in my head!

Anyhow, I have this as of yesterday - 2:48 on the clock, level 5, just had my 3rd/4th dream? Essentially about to head to Mushrise. Seems like good ol M&L style fare so far, so no complaints here!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come so many have had the game over a week and barely played on it?

As for me, I'm just waiting for the mail man....

It's all Animal Crossing's fault, bloody addictive game (must collect bugs, etc.), I dip into this for an hour before falling asleep (and it is amazing).

How come so many have had the game over a week and barely played on it?

As for me, I'm just waiting for the mail man....

Yeah, AC's a bit overtaking(though I'm gonna put that on the backburner a bit...just do the minimum each day). I'm surprised I've already clocked almost 3 hours on this tbh. Kinda gutted I've agreed to taking some work today, but that's kind of M&L's fault anyway :p

Hmm. Definitely a bit more handholdy than I remember of the other Mario RPGs, it's a bit annoying/sad to see that these days every single little ambiguity is almost covered in the game; really kinda irks me. Still, it's a M&L/Mario RPG and I'm enjoying it for the most part other than this!

How's everyone else progressing with the game?

Didn't go to work today cos I was feeling lazy/meet tomorrow so been sinking some time into this, currently at...

Just looking to finish up in the desert from the looks of things, just done the drill-thingy where you have to drill that horny(alol) monster...only stopped cos I'm redlighting!

My first Mario & Luigi game, I'm finding it quite boring to be honest, played 10 hours can barely be bothered to carry on.

Sticker Star I couldn't put down, loved every second of it. This however is just dull with FAR too much unfunny chat, IMO.

My first Mario & Luigi game, I'm finding it quite boring to be honest, played 10 hours can barely be bothered to carry on.

Sticker Star I couldn't put down, loved every second of it. This however is just dull with FAR too much unfunny chat, IMO.

:wtf::o

L08ao.gif

I'm only 8 hours in in M&L but I actually think Paper Mario ended up being the better game after all. I'm more interested in finishing PM 100% than continuing on M&L(and I would have to start all over in PM as I accidently deleted the save). There has been too many little annoying things in M&L and too much of the same beside story and graphic, it fails to keep my attention. Just today I finished the free inFamous and will start my 2nd playthrough tomorrow rather than play the game I just bought, but maybe I will put in another hour on M&L tomorrow. We'll see.

Yeah, it really won't let you go on that front. Whilst I'm enjoying it/will finish it, it's more just because I like the mechanics etc. I can totally get people's criticisms of it so far.

I definitely like the challenges though, good idea to have and keep me distracted a little.

Edited by Rummy

I think the lack of posts says a lot about this game's popularity? Am I the only one who finds it quite boring, slow and tedious? The dream sequences aren't exactly the pinnacle of platforming genius either.

Everyone's busy with Pikmin :p

I'm also finding the game pretty boring. The cute graphics and humour are nice, but I can't help but feel it's all going to end up being a very forgettable adventure. Shame they didn't save it for a period when less games were fresh out on the shelves, I'm sure I'd feel more like playing it then.

Maybe I'll toss it up on the shelf and come back to it another time.

I've played about 4hrs since last night, so far it's been very enjoyable. I'll admit that there's still this 'early-tutorial' feeling that's running through and a lot of text. There has been some good humour too, not much, but it's there.

Perhaps they wanted to ease some series newcomers into this game as best as they could, so they dedicated a lot of the early gameplay towards towards them?

All I know is that this is a long game and hopefully it will pick up later on. Most of the reviews have been very positive too.

I will say this though, this games boss battle theme is fantastic.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

When it comes to the standard battle theme Superstar Saga comes out on top.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Then Partners in time.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by -Dem0-