N-Europe

Introduction

meranda

I ventured onto a forum one day,

It was themed very much in a Nintendo way.

Filled, it was, with people galore,

About whom, i wanted to learn more.

Then i met a guy called Meranda,

Intriguing, articulate, glad he's not blander.

He was glad to be here, interested in games,

Much like a lot of us, (naming no names).

I thought perhaps we could be friends,

My boring life, he could well cleanse.

Then, as I though of nicknames I could choose,

He brought up shitty, motherfucking shoes.

Seriously thought, what is the point of them? I don't understand how this generates any business for them at all - if that's what they're trying to do?

Don't we have a post limit before you can post links? I think some bots/cheap labour folks post around to try and get over that limit then post the links. That may or may not be the case here.

Seriously thought, what is the point of them? I don't understand how this generates any business for them at all - if that's what they're trying to do?

It's SEO. More links to the website = higher on Google results.

Well, that's how it used to be. Google have changed some of it's algorithms - now it's highly focused on relevant sites - tonnes of links on irrelevant sites is clearly spammy, and as a result Google uses this to diminish a site's ranking on Google.

Many of these spammy SEO companies don't actually keep up with what's going on at Google, and a lot of website owners have no idea what it all means, except they "need it". So they pay these SEO companies who are actually making things worse.

The place I work for has skyrocketed up the rankings since we stopped using SEO, ignored most external link sources (we only post links on social media) and focused on the actual content.

So the algorithm doesn't (or didn't) take into account the number of times the links are actually clicked, they just note how many links linked to a site? I see how that could be abused.

So do you actually ban these SEO people, or are they technically not doing anything wrong (other than abusing the laws of grammar)?