NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles X (4th Dec)

Just gets so boring, here comes the whining again. We already knew Nintendo wouldn't put voice chat into the game, yet still people moan as if it's some major kick in the balls.

The game looks amazing. But lets not be positive about that, lets bitch and cry over something that isn't in the the game and we all knew would be omitted!

It is a major kick in the balls for multiplayer. Posting so is perfectly fine and apt.

The game does look amazing, we've also posted that, look through the thread and you'll see. A bit of news comes that displeases and we can't post that too? Of course we can!

Personally, I think it's amazing this game has some form of online co-op.

My hype only went up from this news!

My hype has remained the same, very high. Even without online I was majorly hyped for this game!

With there not being voice-chat, it just means I'll not invest as much time with co-op as I would've done otherwise.

Hmmm. Torn. Like Kav, as my previous post suggests, I was going to get this game anyway and still will. The inclusion of online co-op IS excellent, and I didn't expect it buuuuut...the lack of voice chat does baffle. Didn't even MH3U have voice chat in its online? Other WiiU games have it, so it isn't a capability issue? Heroes of Ruin on 3DS had it years ago, so is there a reasoning at all provided for lack here? Feels a shame as ever, so close yet so far, but the online co-op is still a definite bonus to what was going to be a D1 purchase anyway.

Gorgeous landscapes? Check.

Flying Mechs? Check.

Nopon? Check.

Some random cat? Check. :heh:

Well, that'll do me. :hehe:

One thing I wasn't too keen on in that vid though, was the cheesetastic vocals on pretty much every piece of music. :shakehead

Good lord I hope there's an option to just play instrumental versions, especially if they're going to play during gameplay. :blank:

Just gets so boring, here comes the whining again. We already knew Nintendo wouldn't put voice chat into the game, yet still people moan as if it's some major kick in the balls.

The game looks amazing. But lets not be positive about that, lets bitch and cry over something that isn't in the the game and we all knew would be omitted!

As mentioned by a few people in the Splatoon thread, simply hit the ignore button. Seriously, why don't people use this?

Failing that you could always leave the site. I did for a month or two last year due to members annoying me and felt great when I came back.

Also, complaining about the complaining is just as common. This place is no different to the rest of the Internet. Neogaf are having the exact same discussions except it's easier to move things along on there due to the sheer numbers.

I watched the presentation and im loving the scale of things. Sadly the character models really annoy me, like REALLY annoy me.

Sweet baby Jesus I cannot wait!!! That just looks so damn sweet!

Edited by Kav
Automerged Doublepost

Tonnes of information. Here's what's included in the Japanese Wii U bundle.

xenoblade-chronicles-x-bundle.png

• a copy of the game
  • 32GB Wii U console
  • black GamePad
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X art book
  • special map
  • a specially-designed 1,000 yen pre-paid card

It'll cost 35,000 Yen and it'll support the preloading function.

It's 22.7GB in size.

Online info - up to 32 players can passively exchange info/items, 4-player quests.

Pro Controller and USB keyboard supported, runs at 720p.

Off-TV play and Miiverse integrated too.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Just think that it's 2001 again and you are playing Phantasy Star Online. :D

Good times.

I'm happy with usb keyboard support, not what I want for online multiplayer in 2015 but its not a problem.

Hold on, so it's online co-op but there's no voice chat..?

Ssshh. You've already been ordered not to mention that here. :laughing:

I'm going to be playing this almost entirely for the story anyway, which I'm assuming can all be accessed fine without the need to do it in co-op or go online with. So, it's a pain in the arse, but one that I think I can live with.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Japanese Direct Discussion w/ Chuggaaconroy (Thoughts & Impressions)

Gorgeous landscapes? Check.

Flying Mechs? Check.

Nopon? Check.

Some random cat? Check. :heh:

Well, that'll do me. :hehe:

One thing I wasn't too keen on in that vid though, was the cheesetastic vocals on pretty much every piece of music. :shakehead

Good lord I hope there's an option to just play instrumental versions, especially if they're going to play during gameplay. :blank:

Whatever I'll think, whatever I'll feel...that fucking geez just gets me every time. Tatsu man. I hope he's got a proper decent role in this game! I liked Riki enough but there's something about this guy that just gets me every single time.

ivXK7Ch.jpg

JUST LOOK AT HIS HAPPY LITTLE FACE!! :D

Edited by Rummy

Anyone else here planning on using their Pokemon Typing Adventure keyboard with this game? :p

Anyone else here planning on using their Pokemon Typing Adventure keyboard with this game? :p
Will that work?! (thought it was USB keyboards only) :blank: If so, then hell yeah. :hehe:

If that actually works, I'll have two games that use it.

One being a brutally hardcore game and the other being Xenoblade.

Wasn't really expecting this game to have online co-op anyway so the lack of voice chat does not diminish my hype for the game.

Will that work?! (thought it was USB keyboards only) :blank: If so, then hell yeah. :hehe:

If you pair it with a Bluetooth USB adapter, I don't see why not :awesome:

Wasn't really expecting this game to have online co-op anyway so the lack of voice chat does not diminish my hype for the game.

Really? It was kinda hinted at in the first video.

I like that the mulitplayer seems separate from the main game. I can just concentrate on the single player experience and then drop in for a spot of co-op, providing the multiplayer is worth playing.

It sounds like you can play online during your single player play through. That appeals to me quite a bit if it is the case. It will help a lot in the item gathering and collection parts of the game (you might be able to gain levels and items to help in diuficulty spikes as well). If you can quest but it has no impact on the single player quest I don't think it would be as interesting.

Edit:

I guess I am expecting the plot to stay relatively stationary on multi player but that the side quests you have can be done online with others if you choose.

If that was the case most of the world would have to be open from the start.

Edited by peterl0

Honestly, for a game like this, I'm not too pissed off with the lack of voice chat. It would be fantastic to have and would give them further applause for including it, but given the battle system is similar to Xenoblade (As in, basically auto fighting with you taking control for specials and tactics), the keyboard will be sufficient. It's not really a high octane game where you need both of your hands on the control at all times.

All in all, still very hyped for the game. It's such a shame I can't import it, I'm confident in my ability to play it with only minor niggles with translation.

Here’s What The Xenoblade Chronicles X Japanese Box-Art Could Look Like

xenoblade_chronicles_japanese_box_art_unofficial.jpg

We are all anxiously awaiting the arrival of Xenoblade Chronicles X for the Wii U. We already know that development has nearly been wrapped up on the title, but we’ve yet to see the box-art looks like. Thankfully VG Chartz forum member cycycychris has found and snapped a picture of what the box-art could look like once it’s released in Japan. It’s not official by any means, but it looks neat.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/01/24/heres-what-the-xenoblade-chronicles-x-japanese-box-art-could-look-like/

http://n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1733449&postcount=277

Turns out this was right on the money. Here's a high resolution image of the Japanese boxart for this game.

xenoblade_chronicles_x_box_art_japan.jpg

Dat boxart!

I noticed the characters have their backs to the cover. Whoever designed this knew it was a good idea to hide those derp faces! :D