NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles X (4th Dec)

sgyK9RH.png

Yes! :yay:

But oh look... 2015. :indeed:

At least there shouldn't be any droughts next year. :heh:

I don't know what GIF to post, I really don't.

Maybe some GIF of someone lying in a couch all awe-struck and shit, or someone having an epileptic attack.

Oh no, wait, I have the perfect GIF actually.

htPnvFI.gif

Really looking forward to this - I'm not generally a big JRPG man but boy I am a sucker for anything with big robots.

Okay okay, first of all: sorry for the bump.

Second: I gave this game a go a couple of months ago and stopped...no idea why. I just stopped after 5 hours or so.

Please don't hate me.

Now, I feel like I'm in the mood for an awesome RPG.

Is Xenoblade Chronicles an awesome RPG?

Can it only be played with a Wii-Remote and Nunchuck? Or are Classic Controllers supported? Can Wii games be played with the Classic Pro on the Wii U (as long as Classic Controllers are supported, of course)?

Should I quit my social life?

Can it be played over months with the occasional hour per day/3-5 hours per week?

Edited by drahkon

Second: I gave this game a go a couple of months ago and stopped...no idea why. I just stopped after 5 hours or so.

Please don't hate me.

Can it only be played with a Wii-Remote and Nunchuck? Or are Classic Controllers supported? Can Wii games be played with the Classic Pro on the Wii U (as long as Classic Controllers are supported, of course)?

Can it be played over months with the occasional hour per day/3-5 hours per week?

Bumped the wrong thread dude. This be the sequel.

Bumped the wrong thread dude. This be the sequel.

Could you move the post to the right thread or should I just copy/paste this? :)

Please don't hate me.

It came with a classic controller so yeah, can be played with it. I think Wii U supports them for Wii games.

The game is seriously great, I definitely recommend it. :D

Please don't hate me.

Thanks for raising my hopes up by bumping this thread. I thought we had news or something.

Yes, play the game, you idiot. It's the best thing on the Wii. If the new one is only half as good, it'll still be like video-gaming cocaine. Be warned, it's not a short game.

On the downside, I hate how there isn't anything of note to talk about with this game. There's just zero hype. It's so utterly boring. I want to know more about this.

Totes got my boner up as well. Fuck you Drahkon!

Yeah though. Play it. Play eeet.

@Fierce_LiNk Here's some news for you regarding the game.

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X MAP WILL BE 5 TIMES BIGGER THAN THAT OF XENOBLADE CHRONICLES

News has already started to come out of the latest edition of EDGE magazine which features Shigeru Miyamoto. Shinya Takahashi revealed in the magazine that the map for Xenoblade Chronicles X on Wii U will be roughly five times bigger than than the one found in Xenoblade Chronicles on the original Wii.

“Vehicles are called Dolls. They are 5 Times larger than a person. So to get the same feel as Xenoblade Chronicles, the map would need to be 5 times bigger. The game world in X is in fact even bigger than that.”

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/26/xenoblade-chronicles-x-map-will-be-5-times-bigger-than-that-of-xenoblade-chronicles/

Holy Mother Of God. That is epic. I suppose why not. I think the Wii limited Monolith Softs ambition and scope for the game in that regard.

Edit: For those that don't know or didn't play the original, the world was colossally big. So having it at least 5 times bigger is mind boggling.

They say it in relation to these Dolls though, so will it really feel like it is?

Although they clearly say it's actually bigger than 5 times so it'll be bigger given that I'd imagine. Cannot even begin to imagine how good it will be in HD(not that I'm a graphics whore, but I'd love Chronicles remade in HD to help appreciate the scope of the world).

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X WILL FEATURE A MORE USER-FRIENDLY INTERFACE FOR QUESTS

Xenoblade Chronicles X executive producer Tetsuya Takahashi has revealed in the latest edition of EDGE magazine that the game will feature a more user-friendly and intuitive quest interface compared to its predecessor Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii. Takahashi told the publication that “objectives and relevant people will be displayed on the map.” He also mentioned that the team will be including “a number of other features to help with quests”.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/30/xenoblade-chronicles-x-will-feature-a-more-user-friendly-interface-for-quests/

I didn't find any problem with Chronicles. They told you where they were. The only thing was that some of the people were only out for a short period of the day.

I don't recall feeling/finding it much of a problem myself either on the whole(I do recall struggling to find a few on occasion though); it came up in an RFN podcast a while back by a guy recently playing through - I felt he was being a bit silly because I hadn't found it a problem but what he was saying did ultimatetly make sense, and it was pretty much along the lines of needing a better indicator whereas he had to keep going into the menus to read the quest stuff etc.

I think what would really help is if the NPCs have their names above their heads on the large map.

That way you don't have to be confused as to who was were, because most looked alike in Chronicles.

Especially if it's going to be more than 5x bigger, I will be needing those names!

I think what would really help is if the NPCs have their names above their heads on the large map.

That way you don't have to be confused as to who was were, because most looked alike in Chronicles.

Especially if it's going to be more than 5x bigger, I will be needing those names!

Do we know what the Gamepad's going to be doing in this? Is it just going to be a map device or have more to it as well? An interactive map of sorts on there might be handy(so you could like tap an NPC on there and find out who they are, maybe a top down overview tracks where they all are etc?).

Part of me would like some good Gamepad usage for the game - but at the same time I think a larger part of me would rather they just make a top quality traditional title rather than risk putting in Gamepad features for the sake of it.

I hope the Gamepad does nothing more than be an optional way of showing the map, that way I don't have to use it.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is laying the groundwork for Monolith’s HD development

Xenoblade Chronicles X is the first HD game from Monolith Soft. As such, executive producer Tetsuya Takahashi says the game is laying the groundwork for Monolith’s HD development “so as to not overreach ourselves and cause problems.”

Takahashi told EDGE this month:

“Xenoblade Chronicles X is the first HD project for Monolith Soft, so instead of setting a number of hard-to-achieve targets, we are working on steadily building up key skills. Our goal with this game is first to lay the groundwork for [our] HD game development, so as to not overreach ourselves and cause problems.”

http://nintendoeverything.com/xenoblade-chronicles-x-is-laying-the-groundwork-for-monoliths-hd-development/#disqus_thread

The only thing I've really noticed that could need improving so far are the character models... well the cut scenes in general, which although I presume are all the in game engine, certainly seem a bit low-res and blurry.

The only thing I've really noticed that could need improving so far are the character models... well the cut scenes in general, which although I presume are all the in game engine, certainly seem a bit low-res and blurry.

Yeah I think they're in game. The character models are the only things that lack in it I think too. The world itself looks boner-inducing! Haha

Yeah they still look like those in Xenoblade Chronicles. Shulk in Smash is a good step up from the character models in X, but still a lot of development time to go.

I'm hoping to all hope that a HD remake of Xenoblade Chronicles comes off the back of this - with digital distribution it's going to be a much lesser issue on worry of investment vs. returns across all the different territories but I would buy it. Tbh I'd buy/prefer it in physical as I do all things - but a HD remake of Chronicles is one of the only games I'd take that digital-exclusive hit for. Xenoblade was in some ways for me what Nintendo used to be, and I haven't even finished the bloody game! I can't explain what or why, but it really really really just appealed to me. Good gameplay and fantastic story, a generally well crafted and wholesome experience. Generally well crafted and wholesome experience actually, I think that's really it. SM64 was, OoT was, MM was. Oracles was. All of them for me, at least.

Edited by Rummy

Hmm I think the 3DS port/remake probably rules out a Wii U version.

Although it would be cool of a special edition of the game did a Bayonetta and included the first game, maybe with some improvements.

Hmm I think the 3DS port/remake probably rules out a Wii U version.

Although it would be cool of a special edition of the game did a Bayonetta and included the first game, maybe with some improvements.

STOP CRUSHING MY DREAMS RETRO.

sgyK9RH.png

Yes! :yay:

But oh look... 2015. :indeed:

At least there shouldn't be any droughts next year. :heh:

What makes this thread so much more awesome(and eases the HEARTLESS DREAM CRUSHING) is that on my view this post is always at the top of the latest page of this thread. It is the most excellent way to be welcomed into a Xenoblade discussion. Especially when there is none to be had.

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost