NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles X (4th Dec)

The footage looks incredibly, this is rapidly becoming one of my most wanted Wii U games (not that there's much else coming out...).

Xenoblade Chronicles X Introduces Two Heroines And A Strange Little Creature

We recently got the latest look at Xenoblade Chronicles X’s huge world in Nintendo’s

for the game. The official website also introduces some of the game’s key characters.

Elma:

20150115_022947.png

http://xenobladex.jp/character/chara01.html'>http://xenobladex.jp/character/chara01.html

The team leader of a private military organization, known as BLADE. She’s calm and composed, and has a keen sense of judgment and insight. She’s well-respected by the members of BLADE.

img_chara01-01.jpg

Before Earth got destroyed, Elma was the colonel of the Doll Squad, a government spec-ops vehicle instructor corps.

Lynlee:

20150115_024200.png

http://xenobladex.jp/character/chara02.html'>http://xenobladex.jp/character/chara02.html

Lynlee is a mechanic, and a member of the private military organization, BLADE. She may be young at 13 years of age, but she’s quite talented at mechanical engineering. She’s considered a prodigy, who has been developing a combat robot called “Doll”.

img_chara02-01.jpg

Lynlee has a cheerful personality, and interacts with others without discriminating.

Tatsu:

20150115_025023.png

http://xenobladex.jp/character/chara03.html'>http://xenobladex.jp/character/chara03.html

Tatsu was first encountered on the planet Mira, and he’s a member of the Nopon race. He’ll meet you, the player, and after certain events, will be under your care.

img_chara03-01.jpg

He may seem pure, innocent, and a little empty-headed, but he occasionally says things that makes it seem as if he were looking down on others.

Xenoblade Chronicles X will release in Japan on April 29, 2015 for Wii U. The game will also release in North America and Europe later this year.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/15/xenoblade-chronicles-x-introduces-two-heroines-strange-little-creature/

http://xenobladex.jp/

Edited by Wii

Translated Twitter information.

This is a sudden introduction, but nice to meet you. My name is Kawabata and I work as Xenoblade X's producer. From now on, Monolith staff other than Takahashi will be using this account to send out Tweets to you all, with me taking the lead.

Counting, it's been about 5 years since Xenoblade's release meaning you've all been waiting for a long time, but, speaking honestly, it feels like a long time even for those of us working here. On top of that, we're also well underway with localization work, too.

However, I believe we have created something that you will feel was well worth the wait, so I hope you can remain patient for the game's release a little while longer.

I'm still undecided on this game. It looks so stunning and the world is amazing, but the combat seems so grindy

The main Pokemon games say hi! :)

I've seldom had to grind in Pokémon, but I mean grindy here as in you've got this big enemy you're just slashing at for ages

I've seldom had to grind in Pokémon, but I mean grindy here as in you've got this big enemy you're just slashing at for ages

That's only if you take on the wrong enemies at the wrong time. What I love about Xenoblade is that you can be a low level, say 20, and there are level 80 monsters walking about the place, even in early areas.

The thing is, you're so insignificant in comparison to them that they don't see you as a threat and carry on their business as they would, ignoring you. It's only when you're in a certain level range of them that they are threatened and may attack, but they can still be avoided.

You're only slashing away for ages at an enemy if you decide to fight an enemy that you don't have to at too low a level. It's brilliantly done!

That's only if you take on the wrong enemies at the wrong time. What I love about Xenoblade is that you can be a low level, say 20, and there are level 80 monsters walking about the place, even in early areas.

The thing is, you're so insignificant in comparison to them that they don't see you as a threat and carry on their business as they would, ignoring you. It's only when you're in a certain level range of them that they are threatened and may attack, but they can still be avoided.

You're only slashing away for ages at an enemy if you decide to fight an enemy that you don't have to at too low a level. It's brilliantly done!

I loved that there's a range of enemies in one area with vastly different levels. It's better than going into a patch of grass and having everything under level-10 or something. Just makes it a bit more exciting.

There's only a few instances where Xenoblade turned a bit grindy and that's really around boss-fights. It can be overcome, but it takes a bit of work and it can be frustrating if you're not quite high enough. The trick is to do your side-questing alongside the main-quest and build up your team that way as well. I didn't do this until late on and found it much easier then, except for one or two difficulty spikes. (think I even made a thread raging about boss-fights after that!)

I just hope that this game is good. If it's a third as good as Xenoblade, we'll be alright.

It's not just that. If you know what you're doing, you can beat enemies significantly higher than you. Which boosts your affinity with characters higher than it normally would. Plus you get great weapons and armour too. I'm not just talking about the mega monsters post level 99.

Final Fantasy XV Developer Praises Xenoblade Chronicles X

One of the talented developers behind Final Fantasy XV has taken to his personal blog to praise the folks over at Monolith Soft. Wan Hazmer loves the visuals and the massive landscapes found throughout Xenoblade Chronicles X for the Wii U. Hazmer says he will purchase a Wii U for this game and I suspect he is not alone.

Touché to the people at Monolith Soft; that is one awesome trailer!

The exploration aspect of this game looks incredible. I’m hoping that we can actually traverse to all visible landscape in realtime. Would like to get near that sandworm and see what happens!

Some of you can already tell that there are different approaches in both our direction, especially when you compare this and FFXV trailers, but admittedly that’s some intense competition right there! And we all love healthy competition don’t we? Coz in the end, the fans win!

There’s no clause in my contract that states that I can’t love a game made by another company, so I’m gonna be all out and say that I just can’t freaking wait to play this game! I loved the world in Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii, and I’ll be getting a Wii U just for this game.

Yes, I love my JRPGs :P

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/01/20/final-fantasy-xv-developer-praises-xenoblade-chronicles-x/

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Nice to see more praise for this!

QUICK! Someone convince Square to put some Xenoblade music in Theatrhythm as DLC!

I had just always assumed previous that that little dude was Riki or something, looks totally awesome nonetheless.

Haven't paid much attention to this since the Direct trailer. It looked good, though I realised - it isn't going to be XC and I don't know whether it'll live up to it well enough. Even if not, I think it's going to be an excellent game, and a definite day 1 purchase for me on the strength of the original XC.

Xenoblade Chronicles X introduces another two characters

Monolith Soft updated Xenoblade Chronicles X’s website today with another two character profiles. We’re introduced to Irina as well as Van Damme.

img_chara05-01.jpg

xeno-4.png

Irina belongs to the private military organization known as “BLADE”. She worked for Elma when she was a part of the United Government Special Operations Unit, which is otherwise known as “Doll Corps”. Irina eventually became a member of BLADE, but even now idolizes Elma as she holds her to the highest esteem. Though she has a strong-minded and frank personality, Irina has a strong sense of duty to protect the people of Planet Mira. Monolith says of the character: “The BLADE member with an overflowing sense of duty”.

img_chara04-01.jpg

xeno-2.png

Van Damme is a commanding officer of BLADE, with the slight flaw of being sarcastic. He used to work as chief engineer aboard the immigration ship “White Whale”. He is broadminded and overbearing regardless of who he talks to, with his sarcasm as the flaw in the crystal.

http://nintendoeverything.com/xenoblade-chronicles-x-introduces-another-two-characters/

http://xenobladex.jp/character/

There's also a special section but without a translation I'd be just speculating what the photos are referring to. It's a plush of Riki. Perhaps it's something to do with his love of food.

img_sp-welcome02-01.jpg

img_sp-welcome02-02.jpg

img_sp-welcome02-03.jpg

img_sp-welcome02-04.jpg

img_sp-welcome02-05.jpg

And perhaps that's his bill at the end.

http://xenobladex.jp/special/

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

“Outstanding” Japanese Voice Cast Hired For Xenoblade Chronicles X Says Producer

IRINA.jpg

The Xenoblade Chronicles X website was updated last night with information on two new characters. In addition, producer Shingo Kawabata also said a few words regarding the game’s voice cast over Twitter.

“I wasn’t really informed of this, but it seems we’re planning on updating the official site every week,” Kawabata said. “I wonder if we’ll be all right? Then again, Nomura and the web design staff are extremely motivated, so I’m sure they’ll work hard for your sake.”

“As we present our characters, we’re also revealing the people that have lent us their voices. We’ve managed to acquire an outstanding cast, so you can look forward to hearing their work. As there was such a large amount of text, recording [the voices] took a lot of work, but the entire cast was exceptionally professional. The end result, of course, is perfection.”

Five of the voiceover artists for the game have been announced so far. These are as follows:

• Elma – Houko Kuwashima
  • Lynlee – Mariya Ise
  • Tatsu – Daisuke Sakaguchi
  • Irina – Nao Takamori
  • Van Damme – Tessho Genda

Of course, there’s a good chance that Nintendo will dub the game into English during localization, and considering the English voices in the original Xenoblade Chronicles were top-notch, here’s hoping the voice cast this time around is just as good.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/22/outstanding-japanese-voice-cast-hired-xenoblade-chronicles-x-says-producer/

I know some people like listening to the Japanese voice actors as opposed to the English version regardless of the game.

I know some people like listening to the Japanese voice actors as opposed to the English version regardless of the game.
Definitely.

I always prefer to hear the original language track and use subtitles in films too. The only positive to dubbing is that it's often hilarious. :grin:

Definitely.

I always prefer to hear the original language track and use subtitles in films too. The only positive to dubbing is that it's often hilarious. :grin:

Man, what a bunch of jokers!

I personally think Xenoblade's voice acting was sublime.

I get the horrible feeling X will have 'Merican voices and it just won't be as charming.

This has got english voice acting too right? I would usually go for JAP/origin audio with subtitles, but for the original XC I just had to give the english voice cast a go - absolutely loved it(for probably the wrong reasons). Definitely hoping for more of the same in this!

This has got english voice acting too right? I would usually go for JAP/origin audio with subtitles, but for the original XC I just had to give the english voice cast a go - absolutely loved it(for probably the wrong reasons). Definitely hoping for more of the same in this!

Yes, it will have Ingerish voice acting.

I thought the English voice acting was well delivered.

OK, yeah, in Battles, they ham it up to the max. But it was the British kind of ham, like Brian Blessed. Who doesn't like Brian Blessed?

Of course, no-one seems to remember the cutscene voice acting.

BTW, hate to burst your bubble, but X stars characters that are clearly from America, one of the ships blatently said United States with the American flag. So don't go expecting any British accents...

Who doesn't like Brian Blessed?

..eugh.. maybe that's why I can't get into Xenoblade Chronicles.. :indeed:

I thought the English voice acting was well delivered.

OK, yeah, in Battles, they ham it up to the max. But it was the British kind of ham, like Brian Blessed. Who doesn't like Brian Blessed?

Of course, no-one seems to remember the cutscene voice acting.

BTW, hate to burst your bubble, but X stars characters that are clearly from America, one of the ships blatently said United States with the American flag. So don't go expecting any British accents...

Take back everything I said. No longer buying this game.

None of this bothers me as I'll be using the Japanese voice-overs, just as I did with Xenoblade Chronicles for the fifty-odd hours that I played it.

I was a bit confused about that in the trailer, I thought this was set in some fantasy world. Why would there be an American ship in it?