NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles X (4th Dec)

Target Says Xenoblade Chronicles X Will Launch On May 31st

Xenoblade Chronicles X‘s release date may have been leaked by Target, which says the forthcoming role-playing title will be available in stores from May 31st. There’s a chance that Nintendo will confirm whether the date is official during the Nintendo Treehouse: Live presentation later today, April 24th. Japan is the only region where the Wii U game’s release date has been finalized as yet. Xenoblade Chronicles X is set to debut in Japan on April 29th.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/24/target-says-xenoblade-chronicles-x-will-launch-on-may-31st/

I just can't see that date being real. Whatever about the US, we'll be waiting a lot longer for localisation thanks to all the European languages.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/24/target-says-xenoblade-chronicles-x-will-launch-on-may-31st/

I just can't see that date being real. Whatever about the US, we'll be waiting a lot longer for localisation thanks to all the European languages.

I'd actually be pissed off if it did! Nintendo's schedule is packed through May and June, yet dead until late September/October - we need this later in the year.

Yeah, August is perfect. After Kirby, Splatoon and Yoshi. Before Mario Maker in September.

I'd actually be pissed off if it did! Nintendo's schedule is packed through May and June, yet dead until late September/October - we need this later in the year.

Because Xenoblade won't take June, July, August, September to fully complete! ;)

May is unlikely, i think they'll want to give Splatoon some breathing space, maybe June. Sooner the better in my book.

They're still using the Japanese version for this showcase. Hmm...

Might not be looking good for a 2015 release. :hmm:

*EDIT*

The run animation of the female player character is hilarious. :heh:

Edited by RedShell

Yep, I very much doubt it'll be coming any time soon! 2015 is definitely doable, just not May 31st!

Why oh why did they rename the Dolls to Skells?

I watched until they showed Tatsu's introduction in the game, then switched off. I've seen too much, I'll say that's it but I can't resist. The game will be spoiled by the time it gets out here. And the game will be doing well to make it out by 2015 here.

They didn't even announce a release? Why the hell bother with this direct? What a ridicumous waste of time. It clearly isn't ready, in Japanese, no date, why not just wait and do a proper direct? Bizarre.

Famitsu's review translated.

Reviewer 1 – 9

Deep and long story, tough enough difficulty and highly user-friendly systems remind of old RPGs in a good way. The huge open world is packed with a countless number of stories and it will require time and effort to tackle them properly. Pilotable Dolls are irresistible gems for people who like robots, as there are plenty of customization elements and you can dynamically transform the vehicle. There is much to do, and while it may feel tiresome, you’ll get a sense of accomplishment.

Reviewer 2 – 9

It’s fun to adventure seamlessly in a huge field which overflows with the sense of freedom. Things like huge primitive creatures are also exciting. Adventuring is pleasant thanks to a handy Skip Travel feature which allows for movement by touching the map. There are plenty of strategy elements and although they are complex to an extent, unique systems like “Soul Voice”, which activates under certain conditions, are interesting. You can also enjoy other strategy elements like arts, skills and Dolls, or the customisation.

Reviewer 3 – 8

The word “grand” describes this really epic game precisely. The huge field is beautiful and the excitement doesn’t run out in this adventure when the view changes from day to night. Things like the world setting are explained carefully and cut-scenes appear often so it is a bit of waste that things tend to progress slowly. It would also be good if the tempo of conversations was a bit faster. It’s nice that you can attack fiercely when you get the knack of combat. It’s also charming how enemies or Dolls launch attacks from different types of customisable parts.

Reviewer 4 – 8

It’s fun to move around and explore the seamless open world without any stress and there are many gimmicks which take use of vastness of the map. The combat combines action games with a command-based system, the tempo is good, and battles are highly strategic. The story is carefully made, but there is a strong feeling of just watching a movie. There are also many cases where game systems aren’t properly explained and one has to stumble around in the dark.

The online mode for this sounds weird:

If the Wii U console is connected to the Internet, the game will automatically connect online.

Right. Each game connects with up to 32 players randomly, including the main player. Most of the time, you will not see other players or what they are doing, even if they're in the same field.

Correct. And sometimes, there are random missions assigned to the 32 players who are connected, such as "Go defeat 10 bugs!" and "Go gather 10 pieces of fruit!"

Right. And if the mission is completed, a reward goes out to everyone connected.

Um...so even the players that didn't participate in the mission get a reward, too?

Yes, everyone is rewarded.

If players clear missions like these, sometimes a special mission like a boss battle is activated. This is the only time when up to four players can actually connect and complete a mission together.

So this is when players could actually see the people they are connected with for the first time.

So from this it seems like they are saying:

- That you will only be able to team up with randoms. (I guess it could prefer friends and they just not have mentioned this option)

- And that you will only be able to do the 4 player quests once you have completed some of the unconnected side quests.

This seems very strange. Some of it is necessitated by having a large open world and a plot driven RPG, but it seems very un-user friendly and the weirder elements seem (again!) to stem from a fear of voice chat:

I believe that RPGs in general are made to play alone. But this time, we felt that playing all alone in an open-world environment might feel a bit lonely.

Right. So, to make the atmosphere of the world livelier, we thought that it would be better to add an online mode so players can feel connected. However, we had to take into consideration that there might be players who are scared to communicate with other players. I'm actually afraid to do so myself! (laughs)

That's right. It's unpleasant to meet mean players online, but on the other hand, there are times it feels too troublesome to communicate with players with good intentions, too.

"That's right. It's unpleasant to meet mean players online, but on the other hand, there are times it feels too troublesome to communicate with players with good intentions, too."

Where have we heard this before. :rolleyes:

The game goes on sale in Japan in a couple of hours. I hope it does well, I've no idea how many copies they've shipped or what would be deemed a success to both Nintendo and Monolith Soft. 100,000 first week sales?

Pictures of the Xenoblade Chronicles X Wii U bundle.

[TWEET]592950824873000960[/TWEET]

Xenoblade Chronicles X New Paid DLC Packs To Launch In Japan On May 8th

Xenoblade Chronicles X, the new Wii U exclusive role playing game developed by Monolith Soft. launching later this year in North America and Europe, will receive new paid DLC pack next month in Japan.

It’s been confirmed that the Xenoblade Chronicles X DLC packs will be released on May 8th in Japan and will include extra characters and new quests of different types. The DLC characters will cost 500 yen each while the DLC Quests 300 yen each. It will also be possible to purchase all new characters and quests in a bundle costing 2000 yen.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is setting out to be a really successful release in Japan. Earlier this week, when the game had yet to be released in Japan, Xenoblade Chronicles X has managed to dominate the Wii U Japanese eShop chart, with the game’s pre-order performing better than other highly popular titles.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is now available in Japan exclusively on Wii U. The North American and European releases are currently scheduled for a generic 2015 release.

http://www.explosion.com/96234/xenoblade-chronicles-x-new-paid-dlc-packs-to-launch-in-japan-on-may-8th/

I think it's bad form to have paid DLC around a week after the game is released. There's no amiibo range so some crazy people will try to use that as an excuse.

You can check here for details of the DLC.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/28/xenoblade-chronicles-x-will-receive-new-mechs-party-members-dlc/

The game goes on sale in Japan in a couple of hours. I hope it does well, I've no idea how many copies they've shipped or what would be deemed a success to both Nintendo and Monolith Soft. 100,000 first week sales?

Pictures of the Xenoblade Chronicles X Wii U bundle.

[TWEET]592950824873000960[/TWEET]

I'm gonna go crazy and say more, 150-200k first week sales. I think this will be huge for WiiU owners over there(and everywhere, but especially over there). Will see a sharpish drop-off by third or fourth week though. Essentially - I think those who are going to buy this/a WiiU mostly already have, and they won't be waiting to snap this up either - again something that I think applies to a lot of people, though it'll give hardware sales a little boost everywhere.

Could be completely wrong with it all of course though :p Guess we'll wait and I'll see yous in the General Sales thread :D

I read that preorders have been slightly more than those for original XC. Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii sold about 83 000 copies first week, so 100 000 should be just about right, if those numbers are anything to go by.

I read that preorders have been slightly more than those for original XC. Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii sold about 83 000 copies first week, so 100 000 should be just about right, if those numbers are anything to go by.

I wonder if this was helped by a certain character in Smash who really felt it...

Oh...colour me a little optimistic then. I just can't see why folks would be waiting to jump on it really, I don't think I will be. As much as I'm losing some of the oopmh I had for this I'm hoping to get it at the same time as folks here and try to ride along a hype train playing it together.

Major Japanese Retailer’s Sales Chart Shows Xenoblade Chronicles X Missed Out On Top Spot

We haven’t had the official Media Create sales charts yet as they come through on a Wednesday. However, we have received video game sales data from major Japanese retailer Tsutaya. The long-awaited Xenoblade Chronicles X couldn’t quite beat the likes of Dragon Quest X or Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition. Here’s the best-selling video games this week according to Tsutaya.

1. Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition – 3DS
  2. Dragon Quest X: Legend of the Ancient Dragon – Wii U
  3. Dragon Quest X: Legend of the Ancient Dragon – Wii
  4. Xenoblade Chronicles X – Wii U
  5. Bravely Second: End Layer – 3DS
  6. Style Savvy 3 -3DS
  7. Minecraft: PS Vita Edition – PS Vita
  8. Dying Light – PS4
  9. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 – PS3
  10. Tokyo Shin Yoroku: Operation Babel – PS Vita
  11. Sword Art Online: Lost Song – PS Vita
  12. Yakuza Zero – PS3
  13. To Heart 2: Dungeon Travelers – PS Vita
  14. Resident Evil: Revelations 2 – PS3
  15. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 – PS Vita
  16. Assassination Classroom: Grand Siege on Korosensei – 3DS
  17. Tropico 5 – PS4
  18. Toukiden: Kiwami – PS4
  19. Pro Baseball Spirits 2015 – PS3
  20. Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS – 3DS

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/05/04/major-japanese-retailers-sales-chart-shows-xenoblade-chronicles-x-missed-out-on-top-spot/

While it sounds bad, bear in mind that the game was only on sale for 2 days in this weeks qualification sales period.

Edited by Wii

So I hear this game (the Japanese version at least) doesn't feature surround sound, only stereo. Pretty weird. :blank:

Not that it really bothers me, seeing as I'm still rocking my old non-HDMI AV Receiver. :hehe:

I imagine some people won't be too pleased about that though, including @Dcubed. BTW, any thoughts on why they've omitted 5.1? Technical reasons perhaps? ::shrug:

So I hear this game (the Japanese version at least) doesn't feature surround sound, only stereo. Pretty weird. :blank:

Not that it really bothers me, seeing as I'm still rocking my old non-HDMI AV Receiver. :hehe:

I imagine some people won't be too pleased about that though, including @Dcubed. BTW, any thoughts on why they've omitted 5.1? Technical reasons perhaps? ::shrug:

*confused*

It will have surround sound via Linear PCM surely?

That's a basic requirement for all Wii U games I thought? :blank:

*also awaits the more technically versed response of @Dcubed*