NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

No thoughts at all :p Since it's somewhat of a spontaneous purchase I'll probably not look into it until it arrives. The CE, the one you linked to on eBay is the one I got.

No thoughts at all :p Since it's somewhat of a spontaneous purchase I'll probably not look into it until it arrives. The CE, the one you linked to on eBay is the one I got.

Also instead of paying £37 for AC4 you can pick up a reviewer copy of the game off eBay here for £18.50 delivered. Ultra bargain really as it's exactly the same as a normal copy and the game update renders the online play pass pointless anyway.

Yeah but... that's... in a plastic jewel case.

Oh come on, it's half the price! You'll take the disc out and put it in your console and probably never look at the case again. :p

It's been a few years (and I think a few houses), but last time I was at Shorty's the game boxes were very much on display from what I recall :heh:

I do see Shorty's point. I wouldn't buy a game disc without it coming in its box.

Although, these days, I'm probably more tempted by the option of digitally downloading the game rather than buying it physically. More out of laziness more than anything, can't be arsed having to get up to move halfway across the room and then rummaging through a pile of boxes to get to the one I want. :heh:

It's a bit too expensive to get games when they first come out this way, but this is what makes PlaystationPlus so appealing to me.

It's been a few years (and I think a few houses), but last time I was at Shorty's the game boxes were very much on display from what I recall :heh:

Fair enough, it was more to counter the high cost of PS4 games at the moment. Although there's also the option of around £23 for a preowned copy with box if it doesn't have to be new.

It's ok, I'm working myself into the ground with overtime to make myself feel ok about this purchase :p

Man I wish I got paid for overtime. I'd have that new PS4 and TV from the last week alone.

Cool, the CE version or the regular? Not that it matters much.

Remember to pick the Cerberus (EU) server, it has a very strong UK population. My name is Kaladin Surgebinder. :) Any thoughts on which job?

Can PS4 players play with PC players? (I seem to recall they can).

Might renew my sub, had loads of fun when it first came out but didn't renew for some reason. Also, I know @Deathjam has recently bought it so we could perhaps get a guild going or something?

Can PS4 players play with PC players? (I seem to recall they can).

Might renew my sub, had loads of fun when it first came out but didn't renew for some reason. Also, I know @Deathjam has recently bought it so we could perhaps get a guild going or something?

Yeah, its old hat but my word, it's so damn polished. On the Moogle server atm cos the friend who actually bought me the game(!) plays on that server.

Yeah, its old hat but my word, it's so damn polished. On the Moogle server atm cos the friend who actually bought me the game(!) plays on that server.

Yeah Moogle was full when I signed up and it wouldn't let me join. Might not be the best server to get new players to join on if it's hard to get on.

Anyone new come to Cerberus. :p

So iv done CoD, Fifa , FFXIV and Watch_Dogs. Iv just bought tomb raider and i never got into Assassins Creed, whats next for me on PS4?

So iv done CoD, Fifa , FFXIV and Watch_Dogs. Iv just bought tomb raider and i never got into Assassins Creed, whats next for me on PS4?

Have you not played Infamous?

As for what's coming up, HERE you go.

Well if you haven't got into it yet, then naturally Assassin's Creed Black Flag. You don't need to have played the others.

I played ACIII i think it was, but the story didnt really do anything for me and i hate having to be stealthy lol

Cool, the CE version or the regular? Not that it matters much.

Remember to pick the Cerberus (EU) server, it has a very strong UK population. My name is Kaladin Surgebinder. :) Any thoughts on which job?

STROMBLESSED!

I've been looking online for some caps to cover the PS4 controller sticks, as it's known they wear down quick. Anyone know of a good place to get such an item?

I'll be taking a look and see what's what. It's the only issue i've had with the PS4 controller, no other issues at all.

Also here's the upgrade guide.

Got this today. Do you know if

a) as soon as I transfer it to PS4, I'll initiate my free 30 days

b) I should use the DLC codes before I transfer to PS4

Cheers :)

Got this today. Do you know if

a) as soon as I transfer it to PS4, I'll initiate my free 30 days

b) I should use the DLC codes before I transfer to PS4

Cheers :)

I had to ask this the other week on GameFAqs myself but yes, in order to do the PS4 transfer it will activate your 30 days. I also activated all DLC codes before doing the PS4 transfer.

Note you don't actually need to install/patch the PS3 game, I just put the PS3 disc in, used it to create a new square enix account on my PS3, then logged into my account on PC and registered all the codes there as well as clicked the PS4 upgrade. Then just plug that code into your PS4 PSN Store account.

I should be back on tomorrow since I'm visiting my family today but whenever you're about on Cerberus just give us a /tell. :)

Great, thanks :smile: Going back to this...

The one I quoted is the game taken out of the collector's edition box and comes with a bunch of DLC codes which are all pretty sweet.

I just had a peek inside the box (currently at work) and it doesn't seem like it has these. What it has is a second disk, and then two nondescript "registration" codes.

Welp, I'm sure I'll figure it out :)