NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

From what I remember about Infamous it is mostly fighting yes. But once you gain all of your super powers it's very, very fun.

Ok thanks guys, kinda having second thoughts about what to play first lol. Mostly because I watched gameplay of Tomb Raider (varied gameplay) and the Order (stunning and great looking cover shooting) + Batman seems to have a mix of play styles and is obviously gorgeous looking. I don't doubt Infamous is good fun though. I guess it doesn't matter which goes first really.

Ok thanks guys, kinda having second thoughts about what to play first lol. Mostly because I watched gameplay of Tomb Raider (varied gameplay) and the Order (stunning and great looking cover shooting) + Batman seems to have a mix of play styles and is obviously gorgeous looking. I don't doubt Infamous is good fun though. I guess it doesn't matter which goes first really.

They're all excellent games. It doesn't reeeeeally matter what you play first.

Tomb Raider is just insane value for money. Go for that for definite. If you don't mind paying full price or close to it, go for Batman. It has a lot of variety to it in terms of combat, Batmobile stuff, puzzle solving, etc. InFAMOUS isn't really a puzzle type game, it's an action/superhero story. So, lots of combat, which is pretty fun in itself.

Whatever you do, it should be Tomb Raider + 1 (at least). You'd be an absolute lunatic not to get it at that price.

Go with your gut. You'll end up playing each game eventually anyway (because we'll force you to, aha). If Batman is taking your fancy, do it.

I don't think there is a thread.

I think this game might be a bit of a surprise hit. Looks like an amazing party game.

Well their Gamescom conference last year was pretty good for announcements and they cancelled that one this year to focus on the event in Paris so I think we're hoping for a similar showing.

Well their Gamescom conference last year was pretty good for announcements and they cancelled that one this year to focus on the event in Paris so I think we're hoping for a similar showing.

Yup.

They said that they thought E3 and Gamescom were too close together, so have decided to leave any new announcements for Paris.

The other day they also confirmed that the PS Experience would be happening in December. Looks like they are looking to end the year on a high again.

Nice to see Sony being proactive. :)

I haven't turned on my PS4 for months but I can just see that It's going to be hard to turn it off towards the end of the year.

Looks like the hype train is going to start rolling soon then, can't wait to see what Sony have in store for us! :) Although they're going to have to do a lot to top/equal their E3 conference.

PS4 GET!

ps4.jpg

I've also got Tomb Raider, Arkham Knight and Infamous on the way.

After umming and ahhing for ages about what to play first I've settled on Watch Dogs... I think. Having thought about it I reckon it'll have a bit more variety and the kind of gameplay that I like compared to Infamous. I'm a big fan of cover-based third person shooting, it has a bit of driving, the hacking looks fun and generally the game was pretty well received. It'll also be my first openworld game, so I'm excited about that.

The Order is probably next on my list. Tomb Raider I'm happy to leave till a bit later so that the gap between it and the sequel isn't so long, but am very excited to play it.

Indie wise I'm looking forward to finally playing Journey, also Resogun, Transistor, Flower, Galak-Z, Velocity 2X, and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. Oh and Trials Fusion if that counts.

Bigger titles to follow: Uncharted Collection (can't wait), Tearaway Unfolded (can't wait), No Man's Sky (omg), Rime (Wind Waker 2), Need For Speed (I like the FMV addition) and AC: Syndicate (decent jumping in point to the series I think)

Plus loads more this year like Rogue Legacy, Adr1ft, maybe Battlefront if the single player is ok.

*rubs hands* Let's see what all the fuss is about... (tonight, when I get in)

Congrats, Ronnie. I just hope you like it. Start adding people on PSN once you get everything set up.

Personally, I would go with playing The Order first. It really shows what the PS4 is capable of in terms of visuals and it's a game that can be finished in 5-7 hours.

Welcome to the fold. Personally I think both those games are utterly shite so don't be too quick to judge the system based on them :p

I found Watch Dogs to be a pretty fun game; it's a weird one as you have people who seemingly hate it and people who think it's good. A very marmite game.

I sit in the hate camp for the game. I found it to be very bland and tedious. I did enjoy the online hacking stuff though.

Watch Dogs has great mechanics. The driving and car chases are really exhilarating and work beautifully with trying to break line of sight, it's a little like Drive: The Videogame.

The rest of it is a massive flaming piece of shite. Story, script, characterisation, mission structure, level design. All of them absolutely abysmal.

Also, the fact that you can't look directly up means you cannot hack helicopters if they're directly above you. Seriously, what the hell?

I enjoyed The Order, but then we bought it between two people for only £20. I had it Platinumed within five hours. It's a great game, just not worth the RRP by a long shot. Sadly.

If you are into local multiplayer games, get Towerfall.

My biggest problem with Watch Dogs was just how bland the world felt. Coming from open world games like GTA V and Sleeping Dogs it was just this boring grey area.

Hmmmm doesn't seem like much love for Watch Dogs :-( bear in mind gents that I've not played GTA or any modern openworld action game so I'll have nothing to compare it to. Maybe the Order is the way to go for a first taste of the console. Torn again lol.

Thanks for the Towerfall suggestion, not really into multiplayer games tbh.

Grab Resogun, Journey and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture sooner rather than later and inject some awesomeness into your system :p When Bats, Infamous and Tomb Raider come you're made. If you didn't play The Last of Us on PS3, it can be picked up cheap and is amazing. Witcher 3 should not be missed, either.

...not really into multiplayer games tbh.

I think this is why we've such opposing views on voice chat. Multiplayer games are my favourite.

Anyhoo, welcome to the PS4 N-E lot.

I must say, some of those you're looking forward to I find myself really looking forward to also... Tearaway Unfolded, No Mans Sky and RIME particularly.

Hmmmm doesn't seem like much love for Watch Dogs :-( bear in mind gents that I've not played GTA or any modern openworld action game so I'll have nothing to compare it to. Maybe the Order is the way to go for a first taste of the console. Torn again lol.

Thanks for the Towerfall suggestion, not really into multiplayer games tbh.

If I were you, I'd play The Order and just blast through it. Then trade it in. It's a visual tour de force and a solid game but that's about all it does – it does it extremely well, but yeah, that's it. Play it as an entrée to your PS4 experience.

If you ever need a game to play locally, Towerfall is up there with the best Smash Bros games. Anyone can pick it up instantly and be competitive in it. Just keep that in mind if that's ever something you need.

I'm going to second The Last of Us if you haven't already got it.

As for smaller games, Valiant Hearts is great.

The Wolf Among Us is superb.

Dying Light is cheap now and is a lot of fun if you're in the mood for zombies.

Far Cry 4 is excellent, cheap now, too.

Fez is awesome.

MGS: Ground Zeroes, cheap and good.

Remember to download the Playstation app, too. It's much more convenient for messaging than on the PS4 (as easy as that is).

And if you add me, let me know it's you because I get a crap-load of random friends requests from godknowswho, I don't know why.

Oh and in case nobody's told you yet, you gotta "buy" all free the PS+ games straight away even if you might never play them :p get Limbo right now!

When you get Tomb Raider play that; Assassin's Creed Black Flag should be at the top of your list as well as The Last of Us, Bloodborne, Witcher 3 and Destiny. That's pretty much the cream of the retail game crop.

As much as I loved Bloodborne and Destiny, I'm not sure about them in this case. Ronnie doesn't like multiplayer and even if Destiny was the game to convince him otherwise, we're not playing it much at the moment. The best bits, discovering the raids for the first time etc, are in the past. Also it's only the pretty hardcore, slightly self-loathing player who sticks with it for the long run.

And Bloodborne... I dunno... might be a bit of a shock to the system :p