NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Still no access to PSN. Crazy!

Have you tried changing the mtu setting in the network settings to manual then 1473? Worked for myself.

Have you tried changing the mtu setting in the network settings to manual then 1473? Worked for myself.

Yeah I tried this and it's still not working.

Sony really need to beef up their security. Pretty ridiculous.

I can login and patch etc. but not every game or thing is working.

Yeah I tried this and it's still not working.

Sony really need to beef up their security. Pretty ridiculous.

It was a DDOS attack not security breach.

Interesting they targeted PS4 mainly.

You could log in on Vita for example. PS4 is much more popular though.

WOW was also targeted at launch of Warlords and several other games have been targets of attacks. Might be a thing going forward.

Edited by Choze

Been trying since Christmas day to long on - no joy.

Really annoying. Was really excited to get this up and running Christmas night and I'm still waiting!

I wanna explore the store damnit!

Do Sony extend the PSN contracts for all this down time?

They did in the past and offered a free game.

Been trying since Christmas day to long on - no joy.

Really annoying. Was really excited to get this up and running Christmas night and I'm still waiting!

I wanna explore the store damnit!

Can't you go on the website and raid from there?. Get on, get the bargains into the basket. They'll be linked once you get the PS4 online.

They did in the past and offered a free game.

Wasn't that for the credit card scandal?

Can't you go on the website and raid from there?. Get on, get the bargains into the basket. They'll be linked once you get the PS4 online.

I don't have Plus sorted yet, was waiting to get set up. But I guess I can do that outside of the console on the website?

I couldn't even sign in on the website yesterday. Kept getting time outs.

But good idea! I shall try again now and see what's on offer. :)

Seriously, what the fuck is this? PSN down again. If I hadn't already been on for a few hours today - and I seen lucky to have even had that - I'd be fucking fuming. And what are the alternatives? Buy an Xbox? Not going to happen.

Fuck Sony and fuck their shitty network.

Wasn't that for the credit card scandal?

Psn was down for about a month then so ps+ users got to choose from infamous, littlebigplanet and something else if I recall correctly.

HMk3g5Q.jpg

Luckily this outage hasn't effected me in the slightest ( too busy playing single player stuff ) but I know I'm in the minority.

I was reading in Gaf about some angry parent kicking off in GAME today. Apparently he was blaming them for ruining his kids Christmas for selling them a faulty machine. Must be hard to retail workers having to deal with this kind of thing.

Given how bad PSN seems to have been I'm not really feeling too bad about not having PS4 access over the hols.

Oh man, I love that spoof Kaz Hirai account.

Haven't been too bothered by this. Like Hero I have a few single player games to get through. Also got quite a few Wii U games to play...also Nintendo Network works :)

Haven't been too bothered by this. Like Hero I have a few single player games to get through. Also got quite a few Wii U games to play...also Nintendo Network works :)

That because it's not worth attacking. :D

Xbox Live seems to be still having hiccups as well after the attacks. Although it does appear to be more stable than PSN at the moment.

That because it's not worth attacking. :D

Xbox Live seems to be still having hiccups as well after the attacks. Although it does appear to be more stable than PSN at the moment.

Haha that's true, only reason XBL and PSN have had probs is because that's who they decided to target (since lots more use it). Guaranteed if they decided to target Nintendo the same would be happening.

Psn was down for about a month then so ps+ users got to choose from infamous, littlebigplanet and something else if I recall correctly.

Ok, I remember getting inFamous 2 and Burnout Paradise for free after the credit card scandal. I don't remember but I guess they took PSN down themselves back then.

Too bad the network is still down, but I haven't had any need to be online right now. I play GTAV every now and then but it can wait.

I was reading an article about this earlier and a guy claimed that it only took him and two others to perform the attack. Is that really possible for only three people?

Edited by Tales

Its back up. Finally me and my kids can do what we have been waiting for since Christmas day and play PvZ and minecraft together.

Luckily this outage hasn't effected me in the slightest ( too busy playing single player stuff ) but I know I'm in the minority.

I was reading in Gaf about some angry parent kicking off in GAME today. Apparently he was blaming them for ruining his kids Christmas for selling them a faulty machine. Must be hard to retail workers having to deal with this kind of thing.

It hasn't effected me too much but it's still a shambles especially considering it's a paid service.

As for those CNUTS at GAME. They have put the cost of all dualshocks up by £15 since Christmas. Exploitation at it's very worst, unbelievably there were still people buying them yesterday.

It hasn't effected me too much but it's still a shambles especially considering it's a paid service.

As for those CNUTS at GAME. They have put the cost of all dualshocks up by £15 since Christmas. Exploitation at it's very worst, unbelievably there were still people buying them yesterday.

Yeah, was reading about that yesterday. Apparently they marked up all of their accessories. I don't agree with it but it does make business sense. Everyone will be looking for extra pads and stuff after getting their new consoles for Christmas.

Yeah finally managed to get online on PSN this morning. Ridiculous - having 4 days without access to this paid for service is pretty inexcusable.

This definitely wasn't down to high numbers registering (complete and utter bullocks) over the Xmas period. Sony need to do something about their security because PS Plus is a key money maker for them - it's the main driver behind PlayStation's good financial performance.

They need to ensure the service is live all the time (look at the uproar when FB goes down - we don't even pay for that).

Expecting PlayStation to comment and compensate.

I had managed to get onto the PS Store last night through my PS4 and with hearing people and stories say that PSN is back up, I booted up my PS4 a little bit ago in the hopes that I'd be able to get on properly but nope, still down. Bloody disgrace. I wasn't bothered with it being down on Christmas or Boxing day as I wasn't going on my PS4 anyway but now, yeah as others have said it's getting ridiculous.

What's annoying me though is that downloadable games, which I've paid for and are installed to my PS4, can't be played or accessed as there's no PSN. I guess it's so they can check you have the license to play the game but if I've bloody well paid for it and it doesn't have any online functionality what-so-ever (so like Hohokum for instance) I should be able to play the damned thing! I've paid for and own the game so it should be useable. Or is this another instance of how BS this industry is going in it say that we don't actually own the games but merely a license to play them. Ridiculous is what it is.

Least I was able to install and update some games with it being offline so that's something at least.