NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Timesplitters Rewind Is In Development For PS4

“We're actually going to go ahead and start development [of Timesplitters Rewind] on PlayStation 4. Just because we're pretty confident Crytek's going to say go ahead and do it. But we don't want them saying go ahead and do it when we're caught with our pants down and we're like halfway through development and [then] start something for the PlayStation 4.

"So we decided that since they released the SDK to allow us to do this, we're going to go ahead and do it ourselves, and when they say 'yes' or 'no' we can decide what to do with that. For now we're just going to go ahead and do it. So at least we're prepared”.

I think it's really promising. I've heard nothing but great things about OR.

Yeah very cool, I love the look of OR. I think OR and omni-treadmills are going to lead to a generation of super-fit gamers :p

I pretty much want nothing more from the world of videogames than to get my hands on the Oculus Rift, but I suspect that no game out at the moment will translate well to it, because they just weren't designed for virtual reality. Imagine playing something as hyper kinetic as TF2 in virtual reality. You'd barf your stomach lining.

Yeah, I would love for something like Sword Art Online. Except the whole enslavement and murder by the GM thing. Definitely no enslavement.

I pretty much want nothing more from the world of videogames than to get my hands on the Oculus Rift, but I suspect that no game out at the moment will translate well to it, because they just weren't designed for virtual reality. Imagine playing something as hyper kinetic as TF2 in virtual reality. You'd barf your stomach lining.

You know TF2 is one of the most popular games people are playing on the OR yeah?

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/20/this-is-what-playing-tf2-with-an-oculus-rift-and-an-omni-directi/

You know TF2 is one of the most popular games people are playing on the OR yeah?

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/20/this-is-what-playing-tf2-with-an-oculus-rift-and-an-omni-directi/

That looks horrifying. Is it really one of the most popular though, or is it just something this company are using to advertise their treadmill? And the nature of the game is that it's supposed to be really fast, which is why it didn't work on consoles - I can't really see it being that much fun on the Rift after the novelty wears off, I'd rather games were made specifically for VR.

By popular I mean it springs up in a lot of videos by people toying with it. Source games have been adapted very easily to the system.

By popular I mean it springs up in a lot of videos by people toying with it. Source games have been adapted very easily to the system.

I hope they figure it out. I recently read a feature, might have been Eurogamer or Edge, where the guy dropped from a ledge to the ground in City 17 and it was the most disorienting thing ever. I can see how it might be; you're tricking your brain into thinking you're moving with the speed and agility that you do in FPS' when it's not used to that.

if it were backwards compatible with the ps3 too that would be epic, but either way PC master race will have a new epic controller

Interesting. So if it uses more standard USB drivers, it could also work easier on Android via cable (and possibly Bluetooth).

I connected my Dual Shock 3 up to my laptop but I damn well near died in the attempt. This move would tempt me to buy more Steam games.

I connected my Dual Shock 3 up to my laptop but I damn well near died in the attempt

I read that many people have trouble with that. No idea why...

Just install motionjoy, plug in the controller, select "emulate Xbox 360 controller" and boom, there you go.

Never had any problems.

Just install motionjoy, plug in the controller, select "emulate Xbox 360 controller" and boom, there you go.

Never had any problems.

does motionjoy work for mapping controls to none-controller games?

does motionjoy work for mapping controls to none-controller games?

Sorry, I have no idea. Never tried, probably will never try. ;)

Interesting. So if it uses more standard USB drivers, it could also work easier on Android via cable (and possibly Bluetooth).

I think they'd restrict bluetooth DS4 compatibility to their own Android phones though. The DS3 is compatible with most Android phones via OTG cables, but you can connect it to Xperia phones via bluetooth. I imagine Sony would want to keep that as a feature exclusive to phones that are either their own, or Playstation certified.

It's called MotioninJoy beeteedubs, just in case you're looking for it off the back of this discussion...

Never had any problems.

It's good and I do this too but it pisses me off that button prompts are the 360 buttons. It takes me a second or two to perform the translation in my head about what I should be pressing.

The great thing about motioninjoy is that its compatible with all sorts of pc games including normal pc controllers. The 360 controller only works on certain games which tend to mostly be console ports.