NEurope
Dcubed

Zelda: Symphony of the Goddess tour finally comes to the UK this May!

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/45539/zelda-symphony-of-the-goddesses-uk-date-confirmed-tickets-available-from-14-january/

The Legend Of Zelda Symphony Of The Goddesses is coming to the UK in May. The concert will, like the Zelda 25th Anniversary show, be held at the Hammersmith Apollo with a date set for 23 May 2013.

You can buy tickets from the Hammersmith Apollo website from Monday 14 January at 10am.

As producer Jeron Moore told ONM back in 2011, the Legend Of Zelda Symphony Of The Goddesses tour features a full length four movement symphony, two of which were premiered at the Legend Of Zelda 25th Anniersary Concerts.

The Symphony Of The Goddesses tour kicked off in Dallas in January 2012 so we've had to wait a long time for it to stop off in the UK. Will it be better than the 25th Anniversary Concert which featured guest appearances from Eiji Aonuma, Koji Kondo and Zelda Williams?

ABOUT BLOODY TIME! :bouncy:

Nice to know that they know that we exist :yay:

Edited by Dcubed

Wish they would come to Edinburgh, Distant Worlds came here last year and it was an instant sell out, im sure the same would happen for a Zelda concert. Dont know if i can afford to get to London, stay over and get tickets T-T

Wonder how much tickets will be. I'm tempted, but very much in two minds about these arrangements; some are lovely, especially the Twilight Princess suite, and some are are excruciating (looking at you Gerudo Valley).

I can't imagine tickets being quite as expensive as they were for the 25th Anniversary Concert as they were inflated by the significance of the occasion. Also, whilst the bulk of tickets sold out fast, there were still tickets floating around closer to the date and ebay resellers weren't making a profit either suggesting that everyone who wanted a ticket had managed to get hold of one.

Still, I'm glad I went and it was an incredible experience - also bumped into a couple of N-Eers too like Fierce Link.

Just had a look at the new set list and whilst they added two movements for Ocarina and A Link to the Past, they've ditched all the individual medleys and stuff so perhaps not that much is actually "new". It does seem like the GB games have more presence though after being completely absent from before so that's good.

I'm not a big fan of Gerudo Valley myself Lens - the first time I heard it on the N64, I thought it was great but it's since lost a lot of it's charm. I got most joy out of the ALTTP tracks (Hyrule Castle Dungeon, The Dark World (as can be heard on the CD with SS) and Ganondorf's Theme) as well as the TP movement (also on the SS CD). TP is probably my favourite of all Zelda soundtracks so to see that get such a piece made me most happy.

Wonder how much tickets will be. I'm tempted, but very much in two minds about these arrangements; some are lovely, especially the Twilight Princess suite, and some are are excruciating (looking at you Gerudo Valley).

Are you mad!? Gerudo Valley is an amazing piece of music! :bouncy:

*Sees word "tour"*

This will be awesome

"Only one concert. In London"

Bummer.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! Gerudo Valley is one of my most favourite tunes from the entireity of the series!

Wish they would come to Edinburgh, Distant Worlds came here last year and it was an instant sell out, im sure the same would happen for a Zelda concert. Dont know if i can afford to get to London, stay over and get tickets T-T

*Sees word "tour"*

This will be awesome

"Only one concert. In London"

Bummer.

Looks outside DCubed's window... :awesome:

Edited by Dcubed

Tickets are £36 iirc, looked on the hamersmith apollo website earlier

i'm so going to have to arrange so way of going down there to see this, wish it wasn't a thrusday and on friday 24th then i could have a day off and not have to worry about work, with it on thursday i'd need two days off

is there any expo's around the same time? could make a week(end) of it

MCM Expo is around that time if I remember correctly from going last year.

I got a pair of free tickets for the last one and it was bloody awesome. Think I will probably give this one a miss and give someone else the chance to go, although getting billions of streetpasses like I did last time is very tempting... :D

MCM Expo is 24-25th May. If it's anything like their Manchester ones, then there are better means of torture.

Guys, just to clarify, I think Gerudo Valley is a smashing tune! I just can't stand the clunking orchestration of it in the 25th Anniversary concert. For a start it totally loses the Spanish flavour and replaces it with the worst kind of modern film score pap. It could be any genero movie chase cue. Listen to those squawking horns - painful!

Why does it have to be a Thursday? :( I'm going to be up in London for the Expo on Friday evening, and if the concert had been just 24 hours later, I'd definitely have been there.

Guys, just to clarify, I think Gerudo Valley is a smashing tune! I just can't stand the clunking orchestration of it in the 25th Anniversary concert. For a start it totally loses the Spanish flavour and replaces it with the worst kind of modern film score pap. It could be any genero movie chase cue. Listen to those squawking horns - painful!

I loved the epic feeling the orchestra gave it (see the review I wrote for the site for more analysis)

Luckily I recorded the whole thing so I can relive the magic whenever I want!

Anyone else want a piece?

@EEVILMURRAY - I didn't know you put up a review. I miss so many great articles! I'll check it out.

I only wish they'd got Rodrigo y Gabriela (/on a budget) to be centre stage for both Gerudo and Dragon Roost (which is its spiritual successor) with subtle support from string harmonies and trumpets and latin percussion. Why on earth did they go for a monotonous rent-an-ostinato with slamming drums and flipping xylophone(!). It could be from anything. Then of course they have the whole horn section wobbling out the melody in octaves. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

[i'm only going on the cd perfomance that came with Skyward Sword]

The TP and WW movements are both great though and really showcase how through-composed and rich in melodic consequence the original soundtracks were :)

Ohhh, yeahh. I listened to 'Gerudo Valley' on the CD from Skyward Sword yesterday, absolute pile of poo.

Fucks sake... FINE, put it 2 days before my wedding!

Hmm, bachelor party or Zelda concert...

I want to go to this show, but I can't travel to UK in May. They should really do a proper European tour!

Huh, I like the version of Gerudo Valley on the CD. Bit different but I like it.

Here's a good live version of Gerudo Valley from Nintendo World 2011. Kicks in after a little while.

Edit: Timestamp doesn't work, Zelda song is at around 20:30.

Booked :) Good seats too, warning for others, use the seating plan tab so you can pick exactly where you want to sit.