Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

General Gaming Sales/Charts Discussion

99% of the time they don't, no. It's always lovely when they do, though :)

To be fair, it was doing dismally until the anime began.

I'd love to know all these New IP's that fail in your opinion. I can only imagine you're counting mobile games or something to even begin to get it anywhere near 99%.

2 MILLION COPIES OF MARIO KART 8 HAVE REPORTEDLY BEEN SOLD

At Nintendo's 74th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders today, it was reported that Mario Kart 8 has sold 2 million copies worldwide in the month since its release.

This comes via Twitter user @NStyles, who is live tweeting the event. The tweet also mentions that Wii U hardware sales are generally "picking up."

If this is true, it's a stellar result for Nintendo. This is still unconfirmed, so we've reached out to the publisher for comment and we'll update this article when and if we hear official word.

UPDATE: Nintendo has given us confirmation that Mario Kart 8's global sell-through is approximately 2 million in less than a month, as announced by Genyo Takeda speaking on behalf of Nintendo President Satoru Iwata.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/06/27/2-million-copies-of-mario-kart-8-have-reportedly-been-sold

This week’s UK software sales are as follows:

Individual Formats

1. (NE) [PS4] Sniper Elite 3
  2. (NE) [XBO] Sniper Elite 3
  3. (03) [PS4] Watch Dogs
  4. (01) [PS4] EA Sports UFC
  5. (05) [XBO] Titanfall
  6. (07) [360] Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  7. (NE) [360] Sniper Elite 3
  8. (06) [PS3] Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition
  9. (02) [XBO] EA Sports UFC
  10. (04) [WIIU] Mario Kart 8
  11. (NE) [PS3] Sniper Elite 3
  12. (NE) [360] Grid Autosport
  13. (10) [360] 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil
  14. (09) [360] Watch Dogs
  15. (17) [3DS] Tomodachi Life
  16. (08) [XBO] Watch Dogs
  17. (18) [360] Titanfall
  18. (NE) [PS3] Grid Autosport
  19. (12) [PS4] FIFA 14
  20. (14) [360] Grand Theft Auto V
  21. (11) [PS3] Watch Dogs
  22. (24) [360] Wolfenstein: The New Order
  23. (21) [PS4] Call of Duty: Ghosts
  24. (16) [360] Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
  25. (22) [XBO] FIFA 14
  26. (13) [PS3] 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil
  27. (15) [XBO] Wolfenstein: The New Order
  28. (19) [PS4] Wolfenstein: The New Order
  29. (33) [XBO] Call of Duty: Ghosts
  30. (34) [PS3]Wolfenstein: The New Order
  31. (20) [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V
  32. (35) [PS4] Infamous: Second Son
  33. (28) [360] Terraria
  34. (27) [360] The LEGO Movie Videogame
  35. (23) [PS4] MOTOGP 14
  36. (30) [360] FIFA 14
  37. (NE) [PS4] Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark
  38. (NE) [XBO] Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark
  39. (NE) [360] Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark
  40. (26) [360] Call of Duty: Ghosts

Edited by Wii

It's worse than last week. There's only 1 Wii U and 1 3DS title in the top 40. That's a whopping 5% of the chart. Bayonetta 2 will be out I'd imagine a good while before Smash Bros. arrives. They should really get behind that and have a big marketing campaign.

MK8 is doing so well under the circumstances. icon14.gif

Still can't believe Nintendo aren't going to capitalise on that momentum though. :blank:

A Mario Galaxy 1+2 HD port or a Xenoblade HD port would really have helped imo. Yes, they are just ports but they cost nothing to make and can be done in a matter of months, and they'll give people a chance to play those incredible games in HD without them looking dated. Missed opportunity, imo.

Heck, even announcing Gamecube virtual console would have been something.

Indeed. Another 5 month wait until their next big title hits.
Well, 3 months really. Hyrule Warriors is looking to be pretty rad. :smile:

Either way, far too big a gap... AGAIN! :indeed:

A Mario Galaxy 1+2 HD port or a Xenoblade HD port would really have helped imo. Yes, they are just ports but they cost nothing to make and can be done in a matter of months, and they'll give people a chance to play those incredible games in HD without them looking dated. Missed opportunity, imo.

Heck, even announcing Gamecube virtual console would have been something.

Dunno about costing nothing to make, next to nothing maybe. :D But yeah, and they could literally fart that kind of stuff out. Really don't get why they don't do it. ::shrug:

Oh well, back to PS3/PC gaming I go... :hehe:

I only really want to see ports if they're remakes of older games, like we had with Wind Waker, and similarly Ocarina and Starfox on the 3DS. But Nintendo should have done something to fill the gaps.

I personally can't see why people have been getting excited about these definitive editions/1080p remasters of the likes of Tomb Raider/The Last of Us/GTA5. They're all being re-released just a year after they were first out. It's crazy that many people are going to buy them again so soon.

I only really want to see ports if they're remakes of older games, like we had with Wind Waker, and similarly Ocarina and Starfox on the 3DS. But Nintendo should have done something to fill the gaps.

I personally can't see why people have been getting excited about these definitive editions/1080p remasters of the likes of Tomb Raider/The Last of Us/GTA5. They're all being re-released just a year after they were first out. It's crazy that many people are going to buy them again so soon.

I play through games 2-3 times so if I have the opportunity to play through them again and have them look much better, I will. Games like GTA5 and TLOU look amazing but are held back significantly by the hardware they were released on, so I'm looking forward to seeing those games look even better and run at better framerates. GTA 5 got a lot of hype and acclaim but the frame rate made it unplayable for me.

I play through games 2-3 times so if I have the opportunity to play through them again and have them look much better, I will. Games like GTA5 and TLOU look amazing but are held back significantly by the hardware they were released on, so I'm looking forward to seeing those games look even better and run at better framerates. GTA 5 got a lot of hype and acclaim but the frame rate made it unplayable for me.

But is it worth another £40 to play it again when you have the original, which plays exactly the same apart from its visuals?? Maybe if there was a cheap upgrade fee I'd understand. I had no problems with the performance/graphics of any of those games, The Last of Us in particular had great graphics. So the only way I'd be buying any of these recent remasters would be if I hadn't played the first version.

But is it worth another £40 to play it again when you have the original, which plays exactly the same apart from its visuals?? Maybe if there was a cheap upgrade fee I'd understand. I had no problems with the performance/graphics of any of those games, The Last of Us in particular had great graphics. So the only way I'd be buying any of these recent remasters would be if I hadn't played the first version.

I don't see it as paying another £40. I sold GTA 5 a few weeks after release for £30 or so that money will pay for this version (as we all knew it was coming out PS4). Besides, I'll get 30-40 hours out of it so it's an easy sell. That said, if I had played Tomb Raider on XB or PS3 I wouldn't have got the PS4 version; it depends on the game. Like I said, GTA5 was unplayable for me due to the awful frame rate.

I'd love to see a Mario Galaxy HD port because it's been years since I played the original and the game looks like ass on my big TV.

In short, no. Wait for what happened with Tomb Raider Definitive - down to £20-25 in some places within a couple of months.

Well some people haven't got round to playing it when it first hit (some people never had a PS3 for TLOU, and I never got Tomb Raider) so that makes sense. I'd still wait though.

Edited by Sheikah
Automerged Doublepost

Yeah, I do agree that it's a good option for people who haven't experienced the originals, especially seeing the next-gen consoles aren't backwards compatible. My main gripes were seeing so much excitement across the internet from people who have already played these games barely a year ago - why so much excitement for just updated graphics? - and the price. As you said, wait until the price goes down, that's what I did with Wind Waker HD. But I think it's cheeky for devs/publishers to charge full price again for what mostly amounts to a graphical bump.

Yeah, it is cheeky. I remember thinking the Wind Waker HD £40 price was steep. Same here really, just got to wait for the price drop. FFX and FFX-2 was done right if you ask me. About £23 or so for 2 big games was the perfect price.

Last weeks Japanese sales chart:

1. [PSV] Freedom Wars – 188,888 (New)
  2. [PS4] Watch Dogs – 63,595 (New)
  3. [PS3] Kamen Rider: Battride War II – 62,649 (New)
  4. [3DS] Taiko Drum Master: Don and Katsu’s Space-Time Great Adventure – 53,095 (New)
  5. [PSV] Girls und Panzer: Master the Tankery – 31,526 (New)
  6. [PS3] Watch Dogs – 31,028 (New)
  7. [3DS] Yokai Watch – 29,590 (1,147,202)
  8. [Wii U] Mario Kart 8 – 23,520 (492,837)
  9. [3DS] Pokemon Art Academy – 15,373 (46,454)
  10. [PS3] Pro Evolution Soccer 2014: Aoki Samurai no Chousen – 13,026 (136,893)
  11. [PS3] Date A Live: Ars Install – 9,703 (New)
  12. [3DS] Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth – 7,072 (237,379)
  13. [Wii U] Kamen Rider: Battride War II – 6,936 (New)
  14. [PS4] Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate – 6,768 (New)
  15. [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V Low Price Version – 6,732 (New)
  16. [PS4] FIFA 14 – 6,510 (53,813)
  17. [3DS] Pro Evolution Soccer 2014: Aoki Samurai no Chousen – 6,454 (56,742)
  18. [PSV] Robotics;Notes Elite – 5,467 (New)
  19. [3DS] Pokemon X and Y – 4,641 (4,092,653)
  20. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 – 4,250 (3,300,689)

1. 3DS LL – 22,803 (21,459)
  2. PlayStation Vita – 22,192 (11,937)
  3. Wii U – 10,653 (10,715)
  4. PlayStation 4 – 8,059 (7,009)
  5. PlayStation 3 – 7,480 (6,339)
  6. 3DS – 5,081 (4,582)
  7. PlayStation Vita TV – 2,727 (1,444)
  8. PSP – 1,445 (2,335)
  9. Xbox 360 – 201 (214)

Source: Media Create

I went Wii only last generation and didn't regret it all that much because, for me anyway, there were tons and tons of games to play. I wouldn't have enjoyed the console as much had my time been split between two or three systems.

As a result, I've missed out on Tomb Raider, The Last of Us and GTAV. After getting a PS4, I've bought Tomb Raider and loved it, one of the best games I've ever played. I've got The Last of Us on pre-order and I'll be picking up GTAV in the future, maybe.

So, for me, I'm grateful for it. If the demand is there and it doesn't take off too many people from working on other projects, then I don't see the harm.

I'd have thought the success of Wind Waker HD (which did really well as a Wii U release) would have really given Nintendo the incentive to do more HD Remakes. There are plenty of titles from the GC and even Wii era that people may have missed out on and everyone's screaming for HD GameCube titles - It would have been a quick and easy way to fill release gaps whilst pleasing fans.

I mean for gods sake, what could have been better, around about now or next month, than a HD re-relase of Melee? Really get people hyped for Smash 4.

Or would it burn people out on Smash? I'm not sure, then again, I guess that's why I don't run a games company :p Either way, SOMETHING should have been done.

I'd have thought the success of Wind Waker HD (which did really well as a Wii U release) would have really given Nintendo the incentive to do more HD Remakes. There are plenty of titles from the GC and even Wii era that people may have missed out on and everyone's screaming for HD GameCube titles - It would have been a quick and easy way to fill release gaps whilst pleasing fans.

I mean for gods sake, what could have been better, around about now or next month, than a HD re-relase of Melee? Really get people hyped for Smash 4.

Or would it burn people out on Smash? I'm not sure, then again, I guess that's why I don't run a games company :p Either way, SOMETHING should have been done.

I love it when you talk dirty to me.

Could a HD re-release of Melee actually do more damage than good? Would it take all of the sting out of the release for Smash Bros, because people would essentially be getting their Smash Bros. fix? What if Melee HD turned out to be better than new Smash, haha.