NEurope
Hero-of-Time

General Gaming Sales/Charts Discussion

Quite nice for TP and a nice little cash injection for Ninty if it's the same globally.

Still - is it a sign of the WiiU and Nintendo's state? What percentage of WiiU owners probably bought TP, given I know at least a few here who didn't plan to? Even 3DS limited to Pokemon titles, ORAS have been out since Nov '14!

Not a single other Wii U title in the individual formats. TP aside, Just Dance on Wii is beating anything else there is on the WiiU!! Minecraft aside, three 360 and one PS3 title in there beating anything else on WiiU. Fifa, Lego, CoD. I find it interesting there's more 360 in there than PS3 - probably a refelction of the large amount of PS4 migration this gen.

The placing for TP is great, though I suspect it'll have a sharp fall off, but that chart as a whole does not make me feel particularly inspired for Nintendo's current state of affairs.

The Feb NPD numbers are out and the PS4 was the best selling console again, with it's numbers being up year over year.

Rumoured numbers for the 3 platform holders are...

PS4 = 405k

XB1 = 248k

Wii U = 69k

Nintendo had great success with the Pokemon eShop release and Fire Emblem Fates.

"February was a fantastic month for Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright and Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, the newest entries in the critically acclaimed strategy RPG series from Nintendo. The games took two top-10 spots on the best-sellers list from the NPD Group, which tracks U.S. video game sales. In little more than a week, the two versions of Fire Emblem Fates totaled nearly 400,000 combined units sold, including physical and digital versions. This far outpaces 2013’s Fire Emblem Awakening game, the series’ previous record-holder in the United States, and is a testament to both the longstanding popularity and rapidly growing fan base of the franchise.

Momentum should continue with today’s release of Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation, a digital-only third version of the game available for purchase to anyone who owns either Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright or Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest. Fans have weekly DLC to look forward to purchasing, as well.

February also saw the digital debut of the 2D Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue and Pokémon Yellow games in Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. The games instantly shot to the top of the charts, and together, combined to break the first-week Nintendo eShop sales record previously held by Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.

With classic graphics and timeless gameplay, these versions of the original Pokémon adventure are proving to be a popular way for fans to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the series."

Microsoft continue to spin their numbers by telling people how many hours have been played on their system.

"The unmatched lineup of games available on Xbox One continues to generate a strong response from gamers as seen through global Xbox Live engagement and exclusive game sales. Compared to February 2015, exclusive Xbox One U.S. game sales drove a 49 percent increase and the total number of hours spent gaming on Xbox One worldwide rose 93 percent. Earlier this week, we launched the Xbox One ‘Tom Clancy’s The Division’ Bundle to coincide with Ubisoft’s release of ‘Tom Clancy’s The Division’ and looking ahead to this spring, fans can look forward to the upcoming release of the highly-anticipated ‘Quantum Break,’ launching on both Xbox One and Windows 10 on April 5, as well as the built-for-Windows 10 visual showcase, ‘Forza Motorsport 6: Apex.’ We are truly grateful to our fans for choosing to play the greatest games lineup in Xbox history across Windows 10 devices, and are excited to share more in the coming months on our full lineup of holiday exclusives as well as new innovations, features and experiences coming to Xbox One, Windows 10 and Xbox Live.” – Mike Nichols, Corporate Vice President, Xbox Marketing, Microsoft

Also, the amount of times Microsoft mentions Windows 10 in their PR is pretty telling just where they are heading. Many are already upset over the amount of Xbox content being ported over to PCs and this new statement isn't going to help calm things down.

I wonder just how long Microsoft will stay in the console race? If any of the big 3 were to leave, at this point I would put Microsoft down as the first to go.

It be interesting to see how much the games above TP are selling.

Some of those games have been out for months!

It be interesting to see how much the games above TP are selling.

Some of those games have been out for months!

The legs that GTAV has are insane. When you see MineCraft constantly in the charts you can understand it as its a budget title but GTAV is a fully priced game. Crazy.

All the remaining Nintendo fanboys have bought Zelda then.

Ive not bought it. No worthwhile reason to do so for me given that I have the Wii version I can just pop in my WiiU.

All the remaining Nintendo fans have bought Zelda then.

Not yet, waiting for it to drop in price.

Software:

Software:

Tom Clancy's The Division (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

Far Cry: Primal (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)

Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)

UFC 2 (PS4, Xbox One)

MLB 16: The Show (PS4, PS3)

Pokken Tournament (Wii U)

NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PSe)

Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)

Minecraft (360, PS4, Xbox One, PS3)

Notes:

- “Tom Clancy’s The Division had the best launch month for any Tom Clancy title to-date, having sold 40 percent more than the next best-selling Tom Clancy title, March 2008’s Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 when adjusted for number of days sold within the month,” said Callahan.

- “Stemming from strong launches of Tom Clancy’s The Division and Far Cry: Primal, Ubisoft is the number one software publisher for Q1 2016, with a unit sales increase of close to 130 percent, and a dollar sales increase of over 200 percent.”

- For Portable software, unit sales and revenue were down 19 percent and 16 percent, respectively, in March 2016 compared to last year.”

- The PS4 was the #1 platform for software sales.

- Zelda was No. 3 by SKU. Pokken Tournament was No. 4 by SKU.

Hardware:

PS4: #1 platform

Notes:

- “Portable hardware sales had the highest dollar sales volume decline versus last March, followed closely by [current-generation] consoles,” said Callahan.

- “Seventh generation consoles had a steep percentage decline of 78 percent, though those sales now represent only 2 percent of the month’s sales.”

Great result for Zelda and Pokeman.

SF5 bombed so hard. Well done Capcom, you managed to ruin the franchise.

3DS 2014

January - 97,000

February - 153,000

March - 159,000

Q1 - 409,000

3DS 2016

January -70,000

February - 176,000

March - 171,000

Q1 - 417,000

That's quite the surprise as well.

Edited by liger05

Great result for Zelda and Pokeman.

SF5 bombed so hard. Well done Capcom, you managed to ruin the franchise.

Thanks for this. I forgot the NPD results were out today.

I honestly wish Microsoft would stop with this PR spinning garbage.

“In March, global hours spent gaming on Xbox One increased 89 percent compared to last year. Xbox Live engagement was driven by the greatest games lineup, including new titles released in March like ‘Killer Instinct: Season 3’ and ‘Tom Clancy’s The Division.’ ‘Killer Instinct: Season 3’ has seen record engagement across Xbox One and Windows 10 since it launched on March 29, making March the best month ever for the franchise with more than 6 million unique players.”

It's not as if the One is selling bad, its just not doing as well as it's main competition. The PR they keep putting out about hours played and users just seems sad and desperate.

Great result for Zelda TP and Pokemon. I wonder if this boosted the hardware sales a little?

3DS 2014

January - 97,000

February - 153,000

March - 159,000

Q1 - 409,000

3DS 2016

January -70,000

February - 176,000

March - 171,000

Q1 - 417,000

That's quite the surprise as well.

Proving once again that it's the Wii U that needs replacing first and not the 3DS.

GTA5 sales are insane. Month after month or remains high up the chart.

They could wait to next gen to release GTA6

UK Sales Week Ending 23rd April

TwtGiJX.png

ivV2sUY.png

8WVO93s.png

Yc4WLfR.png

Star Fox made it to number 6, phenomenal. I know it won't be around next week, but wow. Well done Ninty.

Ratchet and Clank at number 1 - well deserved.

Brilliant result for the game. :yay:

Ratchet Reborn

Sony and Insomniac make a triumphant return with a first outing on PS4 for ‘Ratchet & Clank’, the first in the series to debut at No1.

The game debuts just a few days before the movie (UK release date is 29th April). The game series began back in week 45, 2002 on PS2 with ‘Ratchet and Clank’ having held the previous best week 1 for All Formats chart postion (No15). In terms of week 1 sales units the record was held by 2009’s PS3 ‘Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time’, but the current release beats this by a factor of 3.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Surely these UK charts mean jack shit when you don't even know the raw numbers. CoD is 7th yet been out for ages. How many units for example has Starfox had to sell to be 6th?

Shame they decided to put the Ratchet and Clank movie up against Civil War.

Wow, those are some crazy numbers... if that's accurate then those are some impressive sales for Sony.

I wonder how much the eShop made in comparison... :hmm:

Also though, it does say "The whole of PSN" so how many of those were PSN subscriptions in order to enjoy the online and plus titles?

Yet even with that it's still impressive, mostly well deserved as well, PSN is pretty decent - when it stays online - and the store in particular is nicely put together. : peace:

Not that Nintendo's is terrible, far from it but they do have some catching up to do in that department.

Also though, it does say "The whole of PSN" so how many of those were PSN subscriptions in order to enjoy the online and plus titles?

Not that Nintendo's is terrible, far from it but they do have some catching up to do in that department.

This is why I think Nintendo need to sort their online service out and start charging. Yeah, we don't know how much of those Sony sales are for PSN but I bet it's a hell of a lot. Nintendo are leaving money on the table.

"This is above their forecast." By how much?

Here...

* Sony Corporation net income : 147 billion yen (target was 140 billion yen)

* PS4 annual shipment : 17,7 million (target was 16 million)