NEurope
Hero-of-Time

General Gaming Sales/Charts Discussion

Teslagrad came out Last year. Also you miss splatoon, p,us we know the second hsalf of the year there's going to be loads of games. Plus Indies look strong and the Wii games are a nice touch.

I'm not defending, it's atrocious, but it's not as barren as you make out.

People don't buy consoles for indie games as the Vita can testify too.

I know the 2nd half of the year should be better but man the software sales are really low and the lack of games doesn't help.

For us already with the machine it would sure help if we had a fully fleshed out VC service with N64, GC and Wii games.

I find it madness that 2 years after launch we still don't have N64 and GC games avaliable to purchase.

I think they've given up to an extent too, I think they'll put all their effort in making each game incredible, but release the bare minimum. If they release quakity title after quality title, keep I proving the VC and eShop releases, keep developing their online and social services, then I think itll put them in perfect stead for their next console.

Agreed and Tbh I don't blame them. Why bother with tons of development for the wii u when the console is on life support. The ship has sailed and there is no saving it commercially.

Makes more sense to ensure the launch period of the next handheld and console both have stellar releases to avoid the 3DS and Wii U drought issues after launch.

Edited by liger05

3 wii u titles chart.

Was there discounted wii u deals last week which included Nintendo land and mk8

I think if anything it's not going to be new titles that really help shift the Wii U, but rather price cuts/deals. I imagine there's still a sizeable audience that will happily pick it up for a certain 'key price' (which could differ between people before people begin arguing what price the console should be).

€200 would be ideal but it's Nintendo and being realistic, probably €250 with a couple of bundled games. For the Premium model that is.

Just pre order the GC resident evil remake on PS4 and really do find it a joke that the wii u isn't getting this game.

A GC remake avoids the Nintendo HD console. It's embarrassing.

Just pre order the GC resident evil remake on PS4 and really do find it a joke that the wii u isn't getting this game.

A GC remake avoids the Nintendo HD console. It's embarrassing.

Yeah, I can't get my head around that one. That's the one thing that pisses me off the most about the WiiU; there are games that could easily be hitting it and they just aren't. It's not like the system can't handle these games since it's on par with the PS3 and 360 and they're getting them. Bah. Fucks me right off.

Yeah, I can't get my head around that one. That's the one thing that pisses me off the most about the WiiU; there are games that could easily be hitting it and they just aren't. It's not like the system can't handle these games since it's on par with the PS3 and 360 and they're getting them. Bah. Fucks me right off.

And it's not just that. It's a download release so it's not like a ship load of stock will go unsold. I know they'd have to spend money porting it. But while we're not privy to the details, I'm sure Nintendo paid for the re ignition in the public consciousness of this franchise, this game and the eventual RE4. Yet, Capcom slap us in the face. Sure it didn't set the sales charts alight but I did buy REmake, RE0 and RE4 day 1 and this is our reparation? Not to mention both Umbrella games on Wii.

At least they gave us Street Fighter 2010 last week. @Ashley Can we have a puke smiley please? There's a few in there that are just repeats.

:indeed::rolleyes:;) :wink: :cry::weep:

Some others that are pretty much just the same and some that are never used.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

And it's not just that. It's a download release so it's not like a ship load of stock will go unsold. I know they'd have to spend money porting it. But while we're not privy to the details, I'm sure Nintendo paid for the re ignition in the public consciousness of this franchise, this game and the eventual RE4. Yet, Capcom slap us in the face. Sure it didn't set the sales charts alight but I did buy REmake, RE0 and RE4 day 1 and this is our reparation? Not to mention both Umbrella games on Wii.

At least they gave us Street Fighter 2010 last week. @Ashley Can we have a puke smiley please? There's a few in there that are just repeats.

:indeed::rolleyes:;) :wink: :cry::weep:

Some others that are pretty much just the same and some that are never used.

I think it's more down to resident evil revelations bombing on the Wii u.

If that game sold decently the wii u would of got resident evil remake she re revelations 2

This weeks Japanese software and hardware sales.

1. [3DS] Youkai Watch 2: Shinuchi – 50,244 / 2,372,371
  2. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire – 24,964 / 2,457,623
  3. [3DS] Kenka Bancho 6 – 24,274 / NEW
  4. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate – 15,588 / 2,428,056
  5. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for 3DS – 15,443 / 2,111,958
  6. [WIU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U – 12,858 / 560,986
  7. [3DS] Youkai Watch 2 – 7,906 / 3,082,408
  8. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 – 6,915 / 895,979
  9. [PSV] Gundam Breaker 2 – 6,670 / 117,899
  10. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 6,142 / 3,899,253
  11. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V – 6,006 / 150,882
  12. [3DS] Final Fantasy Explorers – 5,515 / 244,319
  13. [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V New Price Version – 4,886 / 112,500
  14. [PSV] Diabolik Lovers MORE,BLOOD – 4,083 / NEW
  15. [PS3] Gundam Breaker 2 – 4,032 / 115,082
  16. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 – 3,474 / 2,458,465
  17. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2015 – 3,175 / 147,350
  18. [3DS] Aikatsu! 365-Hi no Idol Days – 2,672 – 103,141
  19. [3DS] Kirby Triple Deluxe – 2,639 / 692,358
  20. [3DS] Tomodachi Life – 2,602 / 1,779,383

1. New 3DS LL – 25,299 (30,455)
  2. Vita – 16,823 (21,536)
  3. PS4 – 15,480 (19,118)
  4. New 3DS – 9,916 (14,226)
  5. Wii U – 8,894 (10,803)
  6. PS3 – 7,036 (8,216)
  7. 3DS LL – 4,776 (6,308)
  8. 3DS – 4,238 (6,685)
  9. Vita TV – 682 (791)
  10. Xbox One – 300 (563)

This weeks UK software sales charts.

yAezSQ9.png

uVUxdQY.png

m4CvexR.png

Aat4Qq2.png

From 4 down to 2 this week for the number of Wii U games in the charts.

Q3 2014 results...

Pokemon ORAS: 9.35 million

Super Smash Bros 3DS LTD: 6.19 million

Super Smash Bros Wii U LTD: 3.39 million

Mario Kart 8 LTD: 4.77 million

Wii U HW: 1.91 million (basically flat on last year, was up for every other quarter last year)

Wii U SW: 11.19 million (up by roughly 1.5 million from last year)

3DS HW: 4.99 million (down by 2.7 million from last year)

3DS SW: 29.74 million (that's basically flat on last year)

Digital Sales: ¥10.4 billion yen

Cash & Equivalents: ¥920.531 billion yen (↑)

Net Sales: 271.521¥ billion yen

Operating Income: 31.40¥ billion yen

Net Income: 45.215¥ billion yen ($382.8 million)

Overall, not a bad result at all! The reduction in cost of sales is enormously impressive! :D

Wii U's hardware sales being flat this quarter will have come down to its disappointing Japanese sales, meaning that it was balanced by a significant YoY uptick in the US and EU.

Pokemon ORAS has also done amazingly well! Fastest selling Pokemon remake by far! (even accounting for the near simultaneous WW release!)

Smash Bros 3DS is already at over half of Brawl's LTD sales alone and combined it's already nipping at its heels :)

Edited by Dcubed

3DS attach rate is low. Software prices have to come down!

Old Nintendo software needs price cuts, parents are buying one or two games per year for their kids.

Brings prices down and create some impulse buying.

Smash being released on 3DS was a brilliant move by Nintendo. Going forward, Smash games definitely need a big handheld future.

Wii U is definitely gonna sell less then the gamecube..

Edited by khilafah

Hot damn, those Wii U sales are abysmal. Nintendo will really need to shake things up next time around; they can't afford to ignore the competition any more.

Nor can they afford to compete with the competition. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. They need to change the game, stop making home consoles. They should make platform agnostic hardware. It's win win; they keep making unique hardware with way less risk and they have access to a vastly expanded audience.

Nintendo making home consoles is like Pixar only releasing films on iTunes, except if iTunes had the popularity of Vimeo.

Nor can they afford to compete with the competition. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. They need to change the game, stop making home consoles. They should make platform agnostic hardware. It's win win; they keep making unique hardware with way less risk and they have access to a vastly expanded audience.

Nintendo making home consoles is like Pixar only releasing films on iTunes, except if iTunes had the popularity of Vimeo.

They're not going to do that though, even though it's the best thing they could do.

Seeing as they are going to carry on I meant that they need to compete on specs and online. It's just not good value for money when they launch a console at £300 with last gen specs, while the PS4 was £350. Even if they can win some third parties over, their console can't even run games like the next Witcher. And if was made to run on it, it would look worse, and nobody would buy it. No matter how much they try to get third parties on side, it's a losing battle if their console is not up to scratch.

And they aren't going to compete on specs or online either. So...we're at an impasse.

If they're going to release their console at a similar price to the competition like they did with the Wii U then there's really no reason why they shouldn't or even can't be offering a similar hardware package. They have precedent for competing on hardware (in terms of performance) - the N64 was superior to the PS1, and the gamecube performed better than the PS2. The reason they've been making garbage since the Wii is probably because the Wii's gimmick made them change their outlook. They thought a gimmick was what would sell their console and they surely know they were wrong about that now, this time round.

Sure, it's still somewhat unlikely Nintendo will compete in this sense as this is Nintendo and they do silly things. But there's definitely a chance for them to go back to doing at least some of what they used to do. But they're not going to pack up their home console - you'll still be able to play their games on your TV some way or other, using their hardware.

Man, those attach rates are bad :/ Does that include eShop software?

Actually they're not bad at all. The 3DS' attach rate is in line with the GBA and the GB/GBC (DS is an outlier). Handhelds typically have much lower attach rates than consoles.

Also Wii U's attach rate is pretty good for this point in its lifecycle (and it's only going to rise from here - it'll probably end up eventually surpassing the Wii and possibly even the GCN)

Oh and no, these attach rates only count retail titles (as well as digital versions of retail titles - so no VC/Wii Ware/eShop exclusives)

Also Wii U's attach rate is pretty good for this point in its lifecycle (and it's only going to rise from here - it'll probably end up eventually surpassing the Wii and possibly even the GCN)

I wouldn't say that's really an achievement as a lot of casuals just bought a Wii for Wii sports, or perhaps only 1 or 2 other games too. Wii U has a much higher proportion of dedicated Nintendo fans...who still aren't buying that many games for it.