NEurope
Hero-of-Time

General Gaming Sales/Charts Discussion

Sorry guys, I mis-spoke. I was more referring to Wii stating that the games he didn't like don't count and that's why there's a drought at the moment.

http://n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1730496&postcount=26

Hardly overflowing now is it? Since when is Mario Party a major release anymore or LEGO Marvel Super Heroes? They get Xenoblade Chronicles X at the end of April. That's the first big release of 2015?

So the end of May iin Europe we get Splatoon. But is that a major release? There's nothing along the lines of Smash and MK8 until we get Zelda or X.

Hardly overflowing now is it? Since when is Mario Party a major release anymore or LEGO Marvel Super Heroes? They get Xenoblade Chronicles X at the end of April. That's the first big release of 2015?

So the end of May iin Europe we get Splatoon. But is that a major release? There's nothing along the lines of Smash and MK8 until we get Zelda or X.

It could be. None of us know how it will perform yet and its certainly got a lot of people interested and talking about it. It's very much a wild card at this point.

They're aiming for it to be a huge thing, yes.

They're aiming for it to be a huge thing, yes.

So you've addressed one small part of his post. Look at the Wii U retail release schedule...

NOTHING in February

Mario Party 10 in March

NOTHING in April

Splatoon in May.

2 retail games released on the system in total across 4 months is a freaking joke man. How can you deny there's droughts?! You only need to not like one of those games (because hey, not everyone likes EVERY type of game, so you've got to account for that) and suddenly it's only like one game you might consider in a whole quarter.

Stop denying the truth and pissing people off.

Well technically Mario VS Donkey Kong Tipping Stars is also a retail title

w4JpnSB.jpg

It's being sold at retail.

Nobody is saying that the Wii U is filled with content, but to say there's a drought when you disregard the titles being released is a bit disingenuous.

Bwahaha. "Download code, no game disc is included" is written on the box.

You are a straw-clutching fraud, too proud to admit that the console is besieged by droughts. Any number of games you could argue are being sold at 'retail'; technically speaking, you can buy eShop credit at retail stores, as well as download codes for web store games, so all eShop games are retail too, amirite?

It's not a retail game and you know it. Stop insulting the intelligence of everyone else here, even the guy managing the release dates topic is in agreement that there are droughts. 2 retail games across 4 months is a bloody joke, even if you like them both.

w4JpnSB.jpg

Nobody is saying that the Wii U is filled with content, but to say there's a drought when you disregard the titles being released is a bit disingenuous.

Now who's being disingenuous? GOTY right there.

I bet people can't wait for more stamps.

Mini_Peach_Stamp_MVSDKU.png

Absolutely can't believe he played that one, tbh. Right after I accuse him of always trying to 'win' arguments based on literally interpreting what people are saying rather than taking their meaning. A retail game does not mean a game that can be purchased in any way through an actual shop; it's purely the type of game, that has traditionally been sold by shops on a game disc.

Absolutely can't believe he played that one, tbh. Right after I accuse him of always trying to 'win' arguments based on literally interpreting what people are saying rather than taking their meaning. A retail game does not mean a game that can be purchased in any way through an actual shop; it's purely the type of game, that has traditionally been sold by shops on a game disc.

A retail game = a game sold at retail.

Oh serebii stop it, you're embarassing yourself... you can get loads of eshop games at retail... you're trying to get people on painfully technicalities but you're not doing yourself any favours.

I like how much you love nintendo are always a positive force, but know when there isn't argument. Like now. There isn't one.

Oh serebii stop it, you're embarassing yourself... you can get loads of eshop games at retail... you're trying to get people on painfully technicalities but you're not doing yourself any favours.

I like how much you love nintendo are always a positive force, but know when there isn't argument. Like now. There isn't one.

Yes, with a download card, not marketed with a case and everything. There's a difference.

"...I'm not just Joe, the Nintendo fan who defends most of their stuff...

w4JpnSB.jpg

Joe at work again.

Yes, with a download card, not marketed with a case and everything. There's a difference.

Oh come on, barely, there's barely any difference. Can you really not see how preposterous you're being?

It's not a retail game, that's not what a retail game is. Stop interpreting everything so damn literally! Next you'll be arguing that cloud based gaming isn't real until servers are located in the sky.

A retail game is primarily distributed in disc form (unlike this), through stores. It may also be available on the web store, but that's besides the point. They typically have larger studios, bigger budgets and development time behind them. These lines may be blurring, but sure as hell not for this game.

People here are telling you that you're wrong, but you still won't accept it. How can you be so arrogant about it? Have some humility for feck's sake. Just because you can buy the code in a shop it does not mean it's a retail game. Flower and flOw got put on a disc in a compilation package because they were popular PSN titles. It doesn't mean they're retail games.

Edited by Sheikah

So you've addressed one small part of his post. Look at the Wii U retail release schedule...

NOTHING in February

Mario Party 10 in March

NOTHING in April

Splatoon in May.

2 retail games released on the system in total across 4 months is a freaking joke man. How can you deny there's droughts?! You only need to not like one of those games (because hey, not everyone likes EVERY type of game, so you've got to account for that) and suddenly it's only like one game you might consider in a whole quarter.

Stop denying the truth and pissing people off.

I honestly had no idea it was that bad with the WiiU. That is actually pretty terrible. For me, nothing on that list is springing - so I don't foresee a purchase until either XCX and/or Zelda.

But wow. Guess in the grand scheme it doesn't matter as I didn't realise/care, but still just...wow.

I didn't realise the release list was so bad until looking in this thread. It actually looks even worse with Serebii's post - Talk about clutching at straws.

It's so idiotic, they make the same damn mistakes year after year. And why? Surely they could have got Mario Maker out quicker to fill this lack of games. It really is a joke. They do some things right, getting outside companies to make games such as Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta, games that went on to do rather well and then... forget about it.

They should have seen this coming and worked with more developers to get games like those out and actually support the damn thing.

even the guy managing the release dates topic is in agreement that there are droughts.
What do you mean even the guy managing the release dates topic? :heh:

Surely they should know the situation better than most. ;)

This weeks UK sales charts.

pgXrLR1.png

MI118g3.png

YEZGX7n.png

xw31jmZ.png

Majora's Mask is doing brilliant but I just noticed there's not a single Wii U title in the top 40.

Edited by Wii

Despite the average reviews The Order is doing the business, as predicted. It will be interesting to see what staying power it has though.

Despite the average reviews The Order is doing the business, as predicted. It will be interesting to see what staying power it has though.

Advertising works? Who knew?

Can't remember seeing a TV advert for The Order.

I've seen a tonne of them. All at prominent time slots and during prime time programmes like the Champions League.