NEurope
Hero-of-Time

General Gaming Sales/Charts Discussion

Who knows? Put that on the Wii U and it might just be the catalyst to get it selling.

Why would Level - 5 do that?

The franchise can now take a well deserved break with the next game not coming for a long long time.

Put it on PS4, it'll be like what happened with Level 5's Ni No Kuni (went from DS to PS3).

UK's top 100 best selling games of 2014

1. FIFA 15

2. CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE

3. GRAND THEFT AUTO V

4. DESTINY

5. WATCH DOGS

6. MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION

7. FIFA 14

8. FAR CRY 4

9. CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS

10. ASSASSIN'S CREED UNITY

11. MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION

12. TITANFALL

13. ASSASSIN'S CREED 4: BLACK FLAG

14. THE LEGO MOVIE VIDEO GAME

15. BATTLEFIELD 4

16. LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES

17. MIDDLE-EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR

18. LEGO BATMAN 3: BEYOND GOTHAM

19. DRIVECLUB

20. PLANTS VS ZOMBIES: GARDEN WARFARE

21. FORZA HORIZON 2

22. WOLFENSTEIN: THE NEW ORDER

23. THE EVIL WITHIN

24. THE LAST OF US REMASTERED

25. WWE 2K15

26. THE CREW

27. HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION

28. SUPER SMASH BROS

29. DISNEY INFINITY 2.0

30. MARIO KART 8

31. SOUTH PARK: THE STICK OF TRUTH

32. THIEF

33. SKYLANDERS TRAP TEAM

34. ALIEN: ISOLATION

35. DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION

36. JUST DANCE 2015

37. INFAMOUS: SECOND SON

38. NEED FOR SPEED: RIVALS

39. LEGO THE HOBBIT

40. TOMODACHI LIFE

41. METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES

42. FORZA MOTORSPORT 5

43. ASSASSIN'S CREED ROGUE

44. POKEMON OMEGA RUBY

45. THE SIMS 4

46. FROZEN: OLAF'S QUEST

47. 2014 FIFA WORLD CUP BRAZIL

48. POKEMON ALPHA SAPPHIRE

49. SNIPER ELITE 3

50. RAYMAN LEGENDS

51. DISNEY INFINITY

52. LITTLEBIGPLANET 3

53. SUNSET OVERDRIVE

54. TERRARIA

55. FOOTBALL MANAGER 2015

56. BATMAN: ARKHAM ORIGINS

57. DARK SOULS II

58. WWE 2K14

59. ALIENS: COLONIAL MARINES

60. JUST DANCE 2014

61. TOMB RAIDER: DEFINITIVE EDITION

62. SKYLANDERS SWAP FORCE

63. EA SPORTS UFC

64. LEGO BATMAN 2: DC SUPER HEROES

65. GRAN TURISMO 6

66. DIABLO III REAPER OF SOULS ULTIMATE EVIL

67. THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2

68. BORDERLANDS: THE PRE-SEQUEL!

69. SKATE 3

70. FOOTBALL MANAGER 2014

71. KILLZONE: SHADOW FALL

72. NBA 2K14

73. PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2015

74. SONIC & ALL STARS RACING TRANSFORMED

75. LEGO STAR WARS: THE COMPLETE SAGA

76. MARIO KART 7

77. SAINTS ROW IV

78. NBA 2K15

79. POKEMON X

80. POKEMON Y

81. SONIC GENERATIONS

82. DEAD RISING 3

83. NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. U

84. ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF

85. FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD REMASTER

86. LEGO THE LORD OF THE RINGS

87. NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. 2

88. METRO REDUX

89. MURDERED: SOUL SUSPECT

90. RYSE: SON OF ROME

91. F1 2014

92. LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII

93. THE SIMS 3

94. SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD

95. TRIALS FUSION

96. TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE DARK SPARK

97. THE LAST OF US

98. THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM – LEGENDARY

99. CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II

100. LEGO PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN

Fucking hell, I'm curious as to how future iterations of Youkai Watch fair. It really is looking like it's going to kick Pokemon's arse right about now.

Sorry, I'm not reporting the NPD figures for December. I've had enough of this percentage bullsh1t from Nintendo regarding Wii U sales.

UK's top 100 best selling games of 2014

1. FIFA 15

2. CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE

3. GRAND THEFT AUTO V

4. DESTINY

5. WATCH DOGS

6. MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION

7. FIFA 14

8. FAR CRY 4

9. CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS

10. ASSASSIN'S CREED UNITY

11. MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION

12. TITANFALL

13. ASSASSIN'S CREED 4: BLACK FLAG

14. THE LEGO MOVIE VIDEO GAME

15. BATTLEFIELD 4

What a depressingly samey, predictable list. Shooters, FIFA, third person kill-a-thons and the Lego Movie game. Meh.

Top selling games in the U.S. for December.

1. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3, PC)
  2. Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3)
  3. Madden NFL 15 (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)
  4. Super Smash Bros. (Wii U, 3DS)
  5. NBA 2K15 (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3, PC)
  6. Minecraft (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4)
  7. Far Cry 4 (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
  8. Just Dance 2015 (Wii, Xbox 360, Wii U, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)
  9. Destiny (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3)
  10. FIFA 15 (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3, Wii, 3DS, Vita)

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker reportedly sold 250,000 last month for the region. NES Remix Pack for Wii U and Ultimate NES Remix for 3DS sold a combined 130,000 copies.

Nintendo's official statement regaarding the NPD figures.

Wii U established new benchmarks for hardware and software sales in a single month in December. This helped total hardware and software sales in 2014 increase by more than 29 percent and more than 75 percent, respectively, over sales in 2013.

Nintendo 3DS also had a strong December, including its largest month ever for first-party software sales. This was primarily fueled by Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, which has already surpassed 2 million combined physical and digital units sold in a little more than three months, and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, which have combined to sell over 2.6 million physical and digital units in their first six weeks.

“Wii U had its strongest year yet thanks to the highly anticipated software lineup and the introduction of the amiibo platform,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “Fans can anticipate another strong year for 2015, especially with more highly anticipated games like Splatoon and The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D, as well as New Nintendo 3DS XL, arriving in the first half of 2015.”

Other Nintendo highlights from the full 2014 year include:

Wii U:

Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U sold over 1.7 million physical and digital units and 1.3 million physical and digital units, respectively, in 2014.

Total sales of amiibo figures in 2014 are nearly twice the sales of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

Nintendo 3DS:

In 2014, 16 Nintendo 3DS titles sold at least 250,000 units. Of those titles, eight sold more than 500,000 units and three sold over 1 million units.

In 2014, the top 15 best-selling hand-held titles were all released on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.

Nintendo is looking to ride the wave of momentum into 2015, with the launches of Splatoon, Yoshi’s Woolly World, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. and Mario Party 10. On Feb. 13, Nintendo will also launch the New Nintendo 3DS XL in the United States alongside The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D.

What a depressingly samey, predictable list. Shooters, FIFA, third person kill-a-thons and the Lego Movie game. Meh.

A footballing nation likes a football game. Shocking! :D Also, the Lego game was awesome, as are most of the Lego games.

One thing for certain is that if you don't have these games on your consoles you are going to struggle. It explains a lot why the Wii U can't compete in terms of sales compared to the other two.

Nintendo is looking to ride the wave of momentum into 2015, with the launches of Splatoon, Yoshi’s Woolly World, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. and Mario Party 10. On Feb. 13, Nintendo will also launch the New Nintendo 3DS XL in the United States alongside The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D.

Must be the smallest wave i've ever seen. :)

The Wii U may struggle even further this year. They don't have the big hitters like Smash or Mario Kart to rely on. Spaltoon could be a bit of a wild card though.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
Automerged Doublepost

Unconfirmed reports put Wii U sales at 580,000 for December in the U.S. It might be poor in comparison to the competition but that's a healthy rise in sales and substantially so when compared to overall sales.

Unconfirmed reports put Wii U sales at 580,000 for December in the U.S. It might be poor in comparison to the competition but that's a healthy rise in sales and substantially so when compared to overall sales.

Very true. It you just look at the Wii U on its own its a pretty good going.

The big issue is that they don't seem to be able to keep a flow of titles coming for the console, killing what little momentum they have. Not surprising really as they are trying to support 2 devices pretty much on their own.

I wonder when an official price cut will happen with the thing?

Very true. It you just look at the Wii U on its own its a pretty good going.

The big issue is that they don't seem to be able to keep a flow of titles coming for the console, killing what little momentum they have. Not surprising really as they are trying to support 2 devices pretty much on their own.

I wonder when an official price cut will happen with the thing?

Should have happened already and at least in time for Christmas. XBOX1 might be selling alright but are Microsoft making massive losses especially with their price cut?

XBOX1 might be selling alright but are Microsoft making massive losses especially with their price cut?

Yeah, I think they are. They are being very aggressive with their approach. They need to be really though as the US and UK are the only two markets they stand a chance in. Sony have a strong foothold of most of the other European markets and Japan is a lost cause for any home console.

Nintendo sold 2.5mil Amiibo figures in a month. Gotta give the big N props for that. Seems like it was a very good move to release those.

MS are really getting some momentum with the XB1 in the US now. #1 in hardware and software two months on the trot. XB1 killing it in multiplatform sales with only Far Cray selling more on the PS4 in December.

Put it on PS4, it'll be like what happened with Level 5's Ni No Kuni (went from DS to PS3).

Or just keep stacking major paper leaving it where it is right now.

Edited by liger05

Or just keep stacking major paper leaving it where it is right now.

DS was stacking paper like you wouldn't believe, but they brought Ni No Kuni to PS3 afterwards over here.

Truth is, it'll do better on PS4 over here. Especially if they really make a polished experience of it.

Top selling games in the U.S. for December.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3, PC)

Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3)

Madden NFL 15 (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)

Super Smash Bros. (Wii U, 3DS)

NBA 2K15 (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3, PC)

Minecraft (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4)

Far Cry 4 (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)

Just Dance 2015 (Wii, Xbox 360, Wii U, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)

Destiny (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3)

FIFA 15 (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3, Wii, 3DS, Vita)

The 360 still going strong. Crazy!!!

Just Dance might as well just be a Wii exclusive. The series is not growing on the other platforms at all.

A footballing nation likes a football game. Shocking! :D Also, the Lego game was awesome, as are most of the Lego games.

One thing for certain is that if you don't have these games on your consoles you are going to struggle. It explains a lot why the Wii U can't compete in terms of sales compared to the other two.

This was such a major mistake by Nintendo not securing a football franchise for Wii U, I don't think you and overestimate what an effect this has had on hardware sales. The minute they knew EA had gone they should have bent over backwards to get PES from Konami. Likewise in the USA they should have got the big three american sports tied down with one publisher.

I think the Wii U has 20 titles or thereabouts from that top 100 list in one form or another, some of them, be they late or $h1tty ports at least we have them. Next year, however, the Wii U will be lucky to have even half that number. In fact, it'll be amazing if it has a quarter of that total.

This was such a major mistake by Nintendo not securing a football franchise for Wii U, I don't think you and overestimate what an effect this has had on hardware sales. The minute they knew EA had gone they should have bent over backwards to get PES from Konami. Likewise in the USA they should have got the big three american sports tied down with one publisher.

Yep not having the major staple titles like Fifa, Madden, NBA, GTA, Cod etc etc is a huge problem.

I think people expect those titles on a console.

Not sure PES would of made much difference. I mean PES as a franchise is in a huge decline and flops massively on the PS4/XB1. These days it seems like it's Fifa or nothing. The fact that Konami didn't even bother with a PES title on the Wii U when there was no competition speaks volumes though.

2014 UK Retail Software Sales By Platform Doesn’t Make Good Reading For Wii U

uk_retail_sales_software_2014.png

JVM over at the NeoGAF forums has received sales data for the United Kingdom during 2014. Remember, the United Kingdom is the biggest video game market in the whole of Europe. Sales for software on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One seem to be extremely healthy as UK games clamour for that next generation experience. However, it’s Nintendo platforms that have taken a hit. The Nintendo 3DS and the Wii U software sales aren’t anything to write home about despite several high-profile releases for the Wii U. Let’s hope things change this year.

uk_software_sales_2014.png

uk_software_revenue_2014.png

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/01/17/2014-uk-retail-software-sales-by-platform-doesnt-make-good-reading-for-wii-u/

To say Nintendo's sales are bad would be a massive understatement, not just the UK. What do they expect? They spend very little overall on advertising and nothing on Wii U. They've nobody to blame but themselves.

They know that without 3rd party support that they can't sell consoles, nobody is going to buy a wii u just for nintendo games. They need to fix this before even thinking about a new console. Their only saving grace right now is that their in-house software (which is where they make big profit margins) still sells very strongly.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/01/17/2014-uk-retail-software-sales-by-platform-doesnt-make-good-reading-for-wii-u/

To say Nintendo's sales are bad would be a massive understatement, not just the UK. What do they expect? They spend very little overall on advertising and nothing on Wii U. They've nobody to blame but themselves.

Can't see much improvement this year on wii u.

This is what is what we know is getting released in Europe.

01/30

Teslagrad

03/20

Mario Party 10

Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars

The platform doesn't have enough games. Since day 1 we have had numerous droughts.

Let's see next time round if Nintendo have learnt that games including third party games sell consoles.

On a side note how impressive are the 360 numbers. That console truly is one of the greats. 8 years later and it's still shifting plenty software even though the new powerful consoles have been released.

Edited by liger05

Teslagrad came out Last year. Also you miss splatoon, p,us we know the second hsalf of the year there's going to be loads of games. Plus Indies look strong and the Wii games are a nice touch.

I'm not defending, it's atrocious, but it's not as barren as you make out.

Teslagrad came out Last year. Also you miss splatoon, p,us we know the second hsalf of the year there's going to be loads of games. Plus Indies look strong and the Wii games are a nice touch.

I'm not defending, it's atrocious, but it's not as barren as you make out.

I think what he was getting at is the situation with the sales won't get any better this year due to the line up. The first half is pretty barren of retail releases, with only Splatoon possibly helping to shift some units.

Last year Nintendo had Mario Kart and Smash Bros yet failed to capitalise on the momentum that these titles brought. This year we have Xenoblade and Zelda. Both this titles are core games and imagine most gamers who are excited for these already own the Wii U. Kirby and Yoshi won't do anything special either. Unless they have some ace card up their sleeve the Wii U could have a year that was a lot worse than 2014.

It feels like Nintendo are just catering for those who have the console now, rather than trying to grab other audiences. I'm fine with that but they better get their act together for the next round.

I think what he was getting at is the situation with the sales won't get any better this year due to the line up. The first half is pretty barren of retail releases, with only Splatoon possibly helping to shift some units.

Last year Nintendo had Mario Kart and Smash Bros yet failed to capitalise on the momentum that these titles brought. This year we have Xenoblade and Zelda. Both this titles are core games and imagine most gamers who are excited for these already own the Wii U. Kirby and Yoshi won't do anything special either. Unless they have some ace card up their sleeve the Wii U could have a year that was a lot worse than 2014.

It feels like Nintendo are just catering for those who have the console now, rather than trying to grab other audiences. I'm fine with that but they better get their act together for the next round.

Oh I know the point. And I do agree. Just saying there's a lot more coming out. It won't help, but there's stuff.

I think they've given up to an extent too, I think they'll put all their effort in making each game incredible, but release the bare minimum. If they release quakity title after quality title, keep I proving the VC and eShop releases, keep developing their online and social services, then I think itll put them in perfect stead for their next console.