NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Weight Loss and Fitness 2013

Does anyone know how long a bulking period should last? I'm thinking a couple of full on months and then a month (maybe two) of cutting and then repeat.

No PR's today, but a lot of learning. I'm really getting to know the proper form on squats, taking it easy and just doing as many as I can without it hurting. Also have a stepper under me to get full ROM without having the worry of falling over and injuring myself. Also improving my clean and press technique. Takes a lorra lorra /cillablack lower body attack, more than you'd think. Especially when using a oly bar. it rotates so it kinda negates the twisting momentum of the hands. I feel like although I have not upped numbers, reps or weights, I feel more confident in my form, and more comfortable with the weights I am using.

Next week he's hopefully getting me to up my snatch to 20kg whilst using the olympic bar. Scary scary biscuits. The weight I was using was a shorter fixed size barbell, I could really do myself and some unsuspecting dumbass that comes too close some real damage...

Does anyone know how long a bulking period should last? I'm thinking a couple of full on months and then a month (maybe two) of cutting and then repeat.

Depends on what you're aiming for and exactly how much bulking your presently doing. How many extra cals are you taking in a day?

Urrrm, not really been counting but I'd say 3000 to 3500 calories. I cycle about an hour every day, which has been a problem in the past but then I don't think I've ever hit this many calories so consistently.

I don't really have any specific aim. I guess to be bigger. Kind of just doing this just to switch it up.

It's not an exact calculation but my aim for when I do a similar thing will be an extra 500 calories a day, which should result in a 1b a week gain. Obviously eating the right sort of stuff so it's all lean muscle. I'ld like to add maybe 8-10lbs of muscle so i'd guess it might take me about 2 months.

For me, that's fairly achievable, eating a lot more a day and I probably get fed up after a week.

I usually eat ridiculously clean so I'm doing a dirty bulk.

Tomorrow I'm going to start doing overhead squats. They sound treacherous.

After injuring my back a two weeks ago, I was quite nervous in the gym last weekend and didn't lift any more than 75kg in deadlifts. In my final set, where I kept the weight at 75kg instead of increasing, it took me about 20 seconds to get the thing an inch off of the floor and then I managed to get it up and down ok but I just couldn't get it up again from that low position. Otherwise, I didn't do that bad.

This past weekend, I managed that set of 100kg. I was still a bit nervous going in. I knew I was better than the week prior but I still wasn't sure of how much strength was in there. Luckily it all went ok.

Defintely seen some good upper back improvements lately too and can now throw in sets of unassisted pull-ups (overhand grip) without too much worry. Chins-ups (underhand grip) I can do reasonably well thanks to my biceps being one of my strong muscle groups (proportionately anyway) and my lighter frame. And whilst I'm not sure I'll ever be able to do a totally single armed one, I did manage to do a couple whilst only holding on to the frame with one hand as I held on to my arm with the other - you can still get leverage out of it, just not as much. Small steps to be sure, but they make the difference.

Anyone know where I can get some samples of those protein shakes from? Sure the last time I tried one it tasted like ass, so I don't want to fork out a lot of money to hate them.

I doubt any are going to taste great, but not-ass would be nice.

ON 100% whey is quality stuff. Don't buy cheap and buy safe flavours, like chocolate or strawberry :)

I bought some cheap cookies and cream stuff thinking WOWWWW cookies and cream, and it tastes like MUD.

ON 100% whey is quality stuff. Don't buy cheap and buy safe flavours, like chocolate or strawberry :)

I bought some cheap cookies and cream stuff thinking WOWWWW cookies and cream, and it tastes like MUD.

I'd second ON. I've used both the Turbo chocolate and what i'm currently using, Chocolate Mint.

I make mine with water, very tasty.

Oh yeah and the follow-up question; where from?

Online or in shops as I'm going to central several times this week anyway.

Oh yeah and the follow-up question; where from?

Online or in shops as I'm going to central several times this week anyway.

I get all my roidz from myprotein.com. Good value and taste.

mmmm roids.

I've got a ballsed up knee injury that i'm having to spend lots of time rehabbing. Gots me some Patellar Tendonitis.

Went to t'physio last night and she stuck a load of needles in my legs, and ultrasounded my quad muscle (which was oddly pleasant) and ive been given shitloads of exercises to do and certain things to avoid (like heavy weighted skwats :( boohoo)

She said its not evolved into any kind of meniscus damage yet, so should be rehabbable (lol) I'm so relieved. I want to be able to skwat!

I've been taking exercise REALLY easy for the past few days, so hopefully i'll be able to get into it again a bit harder sooon. Lifted a 4kg kettlebell (as a reference I usually train with 24kg/20kg) and i nearly threw it into the ceiling... harhar icanhaspowerrr

How long should I be feeling aches and pains for? I know when you first start going to the gym your body aches, but wondering if I'm aching because of that or because I'm doing something wrong.

I found at the beginning it could last even as long as 3-4 days. They will kill for a while but if you keep at it (and get a good protein source post workout) it will get loads better. But you'll always have an element of DOMS after a workout or you aren't doing it right!

I found at the beginning it could last even as long as 3-4 days. They will kill for a while but if you keep at it (and get a good protein source post workout) it will get loads better. But you'll always have an element of DOMS after a workout or you aren't doing it right!

Not true. I never get DOMS in my arms and they are my biggest asset. I agree it always feel like a decent workout when it hurts afterwards but not getting DOMS does not mean you are not doing it right. There are some areas where i get DOMS everytime i work them especially chest. Could be a complete half arsed workout and I still get DOMS.

A bit off topic but ive been yet again crap with my diet and that. I know it takes will power to eat properly and to portion control. I also woke up on monday morning with a really bad back for no apparent reason so done nothing all week.

Yeah, DOMS is a hard one to figure out. I hardly ever get any DOMS when training shoulders, yet I've been improving a lot lately in that area. As long as there is improvement, such as being able to lift more or go for longer, then I'd happily live without DOMS. Nothing but a pain (lol) in the arse.

I'm still fucking sick. Bored now. Coughing all the time. Haven't worked out in a week. Feel weak and fat.

...what are doms?

It's a dominatrix. Basically, if you work hard at the gym, they harass you and cause you considerable "discomfort".

Hehe. It's Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. If you train your chest on Monday, you might feel sore chest muscles for the next few days (possibly shoulder and triceps as well, since they are additional muscles involved in those exercises). I get it bad when doing legs, especially if I haven't trained them in a while.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

It's a dominatrix. Basically, if you work hard at the gym, they harass you and cause you considerable "discomfort".

Hehe. It's Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. If you train your chest on Monday, you might feel sore chest muscles for the next few days (possibly shoulder and triceps as well, since they are additional muscles involved in those exercises). I get it bad when doing legs, especially if I haven't trained them in a while.

Oh god...DOMS in your legs is the worst. Did a heavy legs session months ago and it was the first bit of exercise I had done in like 2 months....genuinely remember being stuck on the toilet after taking a dump as I couldn't stand up. :'(

Joined a football team... or rather, I'm captaining a 7's football team. Hopefully it will be fun. The practice match we had against the team last Sunday we lost 4-2, but in fairness, they were last year's Champions and they were...cheating.

I got slammed to the ground by the opposing captain - 6'7" of 250lb Spaniard versus 5'7" 140lb Englishman. I suppose I'm lucky not to have picked up a concussion as my forehead hit his ribs and the back of my skull slammed onto the astroturf. There was no need for that level of agression in a warm-up match, but he clearly had no intention of stopping. Still, I won the ball in the tackle.

Like I said, they won the game, but we weren't really beaten: my guys (we had all just met the first time about half an hour before) did really well. - never gave up chasing the ball, never shied from a tackle. Looking forward to playing with these guys some more.

So I've decided to loose another 10lb of fat to hit the 10st mark before I start to build some lean muscle.

Give me some motivation N-E! After already losing 6.5st I'm seriously lacking it.

So I've decided to loose another 10lb of fat to hit the 10st mark before I start to build some lean muscle.

Give me some motivation N-E! After already losing 6.5st I'm seriously lacking it.

This picture motivates me:

weightloss-motivational-poster-sm.jpg

It's another 10lb. You've lost all of that weight to get to where you are today, you're about to jump over the last hurdle to what could be one of the greatest achievements ever and you've lost motivation?! Seriously dude, I'd KILL to be that weight. Just think of us trying to lose weight and all of the other people out there who aren't close to their goal and there you are, a hair away from the finish line. It's like running an entire track and then getting to the finish line and stopping dead, not crossing it. Push it harder, go further and achieve awesome results!

MOTIVATE, BYATCH!