NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Weight Loss and Fitness 2013

I would love to go to a crossfit gym, just a pity theres none near me!

Two-Arm Kettlebell Swing:

20 kg x 10 reps (+46 pts)

20 kg x 8 reps (+43 pts)

24 kg x 5 reps (+39 pts)

Log Clean and Press:

24 kg x 8 reps (+112 pts)

26 kg x 5 reps (+101 pts)

28 kg x 3 reps (+84 pts)

Lat Pulldown:

35 kg x 8 reps (+24 pts)

40 kg x 5 reps (+23 pts)

45 kg x 3 reps (+20 pts)

Close-Grip Front Lat Pulldown:

35 kg x 8 reps (+16 pts)

40 kg x 5 reps (+15 pts)

45 kg x 3 reps (+13 pts)

Standing Dumbbell Push Press:

4 kg x 8 reps (+44 pts)

6 kg x 5 reps (+38 pts)

8 kg x 3 reps (+27 pts)

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press:

4 kg x 8 reps (+45 pts)

6 kg x 5 reps (+42 pts)

8 kg x 3 reps (+36 pts)

Dumbbell Bench Press:

6 kg x 8 reps (+47 pts)

8 kg x 5 reps (+43 pts)

10 kg x 3 reps (+37 pts)

Dumbbell Flyes:

4 kg x 8 reps (+20 pts)

6 kg x 5 reps (+18 pts)

6 kg x 3 reps (+15 pts)

6 kg x 8 reps (+21 pts)

6 kg x 5 reps (+18 pts)

8 kg x 3 reps (+15 pts)

both 75 degree and 0 degree dumbell flyes.

Incline Dumbbell Flyes:

4 kg x 8 reps (+20 pts)

6 kg x 5 reps (+18 pts)

8 kg x 3 reps (+15 pts)

One-Arm Kettlebell Swing:

16 kg x 10 reps (+55 pts)

20 kg x 8 reps (+59 pts)

24 kg x 5 reps (+56 pts)

Rear Delt Fly:

4 kg x 16 reps (+23 pts)

4 kg x 10 reps (+21 pts)

6 kg x 3 reps (+15 pts)

half of sets was straight and half was with a twist.

Kettlebell Deadlift:

20 kg x 16 reps (+58 pts)

24 kg x 10 reps (+58 pts)

24 kg x 6 reps (+52 pts)

single handed

Any word at yeeeee or have you all given up for 2013 :P

The above insane session has resulted in two massive bruises on my hand, one at the bottom of thumb joint (side of hand) and one on the inner aspect of my index finger. Pow. Hurties. I reckon I must've clattered it with the 24kg kettlebell

Edited by Raining_again

Well I picked up a bit of an injury last Sunday.

It was the last exercise of the session and the gym should have already shut - it was squats.

Did my first set of 12 * 60kg ok - a little more tiring than I expected but fair enough. Then I went for my second set at 80kg. Did the first one okish as I was adjusting to the extra weight but on my second, my back just went. Probably as a result of the previous days lifts taking more out of me than I realised.

I managed to walk out out there ok but my back just got more sore once I got home and throughout the rest of the day. Didn't really sleep much that night as any movement would case me to wake up in pain.

And now we're on Friday and it's getting better, but quite slowly. Before the pain was generally round the lower back but it's all shifted from my right handside now and is just on my left side. To be honest, it's not the ache that's the problem, it's that I'll be trying to do things normally, and it lets me, but then it just gives out for 5 seconds (which is when it hurts most) before returning to how it was.

As I said, better than it was, but it seems to be taking longer than I expected and tomorrow is back and biceps day too.

Just ate an entire tub of Hagen Dazs cookie dough ice cream..... Not sure whats making me sick, the sugar in it or the fact I just caught on to the fact I've consumed OVER ONE THOUSAND CALORIES. :(

I need to get back onto my diet, this current diet of beef jerky and stuff isn't doing me favours. Have started it again though, salads for lunch and a subway for dinner once a week instead of a Burger.

I need to get back onto my diet, this current diet of beef jerky and stuff isn't doing me favours. Have started it again though, salads for lunch and a subway for dinner once a week instead of a Burger.

To be honest as long as you're eating the right things at Subway, you can have it as often as you like. My personal favourite is 6 inch Chicken on Wheat with some Lettuce, Onion and a little BBQ sauce.

To be honest as long as you're eating the right things at Subway, you can have it as often as you like. My personal favourite is 6 inch Chicken on Wheat with some Lettuce, Onion and a little BBQ sauce.

I go for the low fat stuff on the menu, favourite at the moment is Turkey Breast and Ham. With all salad minus Olives, Sweetcorn and Tomato. Bit of chilli or southwest (not a lot mind). Not fussed on the bread, but i prefer 9 grain wheat.

Much prefer Subway over a Burger anyway, you can have a footlong for probably 1/2 the calories of a Burger King anyway. And save pounds in more than 1 way.

It's quite possible I have tendonitis in my left achiles tendon... Been feeling pretty sore again, as it was 4 years ago. Been on the proper rest. Shoes off whilst driving/sitting. Need to be really careful.

Really do not want another 6 months out of cardio.

It's quite possible I have tendonitis in my left achiles tendon... Been feeling pretty sore again, as it was 4 years ago. Been on the proper rest. Shoes off whilst driving/sitting. Need to be really careful.

Really do not want another 6 months out of cardio.

Harsh man. I feel your pain, I had tendinitis in my knee a few years back. I remember how bad the frustration was, wondering if my knee would ever get back to feeling normal. According to the doctor, mine was most likely the result of my ACL I had repaired many years ago. I'm fine now but it's always a concern it will flat up again.

Harsh man. I feel your pain, I had tendinitis in my knee a few years back. I remember how bad the frustration was, wondering if my knee would ever get back to feeling normal. According to the doctor, mine was most likely the result of my ACL I had repaired many years ago. I'm fine now but it's always a concern it will flat up again.

Yeah, thing is it only hurts when I'm wearing shoes. That's how it started last time and then progressed to sore just all the time. I'm being really careful about it, wearing comfy shoes as opposed to my work shoes, not wearing them or doing any unnecessary movements.

I'm hoping that relaxing and gentle stretches and it should be ok. Just glad as of Wednesday I'm off work for 3 weeks so don't need to wear shoes!

+1.3lbs this week.

Went from 50.1% to 49.4% bodyfat.

Calculated my body fat from the percentage, and its gone from 126.2 to 125.1 lbs (so thats a drop of 1.1!)

Did a farmers walk with 6litres of diet coke in each hand. 6kg? And it was pretty damn easy. Good grip training, think i'm gonna have to implement it into my training. Would do it with kettlebells but they only have one of each weight in my gym. I could easily carry 24kg x2 a good distance (carried 20 and 24 across the gym back to the stand a few times), just a pity they dont have 2 of em!

Edited by Raining_again

I'm bulking so I'm stuffing my face with pretty much anything edible.

45026_10151149121292511_562481113_n.jpg

Thats my excuse anyway :p

I love that feel! "Fuck it, bulking, just gimme food." Love a dirty bulk. :p

Did some shoulder training the other day, sitting on an upright bench with the squat stands holding the barbell. Works really well and actually works better for me than dumbbells, since you don't have to waste loads of effort to get the weight into an upright position.

Managed 42.5kg last week for 5 reps and was putting the weight onto the bar, 20kg on each side of the new barbell and was lifting it. It was on my last rep when I suddenly thought, "oh shit, that's more than I thought." Thought it was only 40kg but forgot to take into account the bar...again. 48kg. Managed to get it up to 50 for the next set but I was much more "aware" that the weight was heavier than I thought, so it was more of a struggle that time.

Makes you realise just how much training is in the mind as well as the body.

I personally think 80% of it is mental. I've only ever pushed myself to complete breaking point once, and it was by running... at weight of 18.5 stone :P Never been on a treadmill since!!

Ugh, it's annoying being ill. I've been ill since Monday and haven't done anything. I feel so dirty and restless! :(

@Raining_again has shown me Fitocracy. I know she's posted it here before but you guys should check it out. It's pretty damn cool. If you guys do sign up on it, my name is AnimalOfAnarchy.

FITOCRACY- SIGN UP, FOOL! :D

45026_10151149121292511_562481113_n.jpg

Thats my excuse anyway :p

I love that feel! "Fuck it, bulking, just gimme food." Love a dirty bulk. :p

It's awesome. I'd kind of plateau-d over the last year (the second half of that I just fell out of my routine entirely), but been stuffing my face for the past three weeks, must be about the 3000 calorie mark - maybe even more some days, and BOOM. I cycle every day so my calorie deficit already takes a hit without thinking about it, which I think was part of the reason why it was harder for me to gain - it'll be useful when I cut, though.

I'll probably carry on for another month like this then start cutting.

I wonder how difficult/long it will take to cut - because I've put on size pretty fast.

If you eat a 500 calorie deficit you will lose roughly 0.5kg a week.

Edited by Charlie

Ive been swimming on my dinner break and doing cardio all week. Ive also been using this app on my iphone called Myfitnesspal to record my calories and im under my target. Serious shredding is going to happen let me tell thee. Well heres hoping. Going to have my body fat measured again next week. Im hoping it has decreased from a massive 34%, if only by a little bit. The only thing that is bothering me doing this cardio malarky is that im going yo lose muscle mass :-/

MFP is a great piece of kit, scanning is brilllliant.

I still think you should keep doing some days of weight training personally. Keep the muscles there, even if yer just maintaining them. (like perhaps doing a deload week. slightly lower weight, MOAR reps, with as little break as possible between. I guess that is kinda cardio, but none o that running stuff lol :heh:) Keeping muscles keeps your BMR high which means your body is burning more calories, which is another plus point for loss. I get away with shitloads more food than I ever did before I started building muscle. :) The closest thing I do to cardio is swinging a kettlebell :heh:

--

Today I had a blinding session with PT. Did a stretch with a pair of 2kg dumbells - holding them horizontally at my front, then moving them up (in like a swing motion, holding my arms together, like a lat raise at the front of your body) to above my head then back as far as possible. PT was amazed at how far back I can get my arms, my shoulders have always been super flexible (despite the shape my body is in). Think he knows how to butter me up as he was full of compliments today. But I do deserve at least some of them :heh:

He showed me the correct form for a snatch from a side view and his arms were only SLIGHTLY angled, about a couple of degrees back. He said that i'm more like 35/40 degrees back! Yet I only feel like I'm doing it right! So I then went and did a load more and kept checking where I was placed was correct. I tend to remember things better from FEELING them than knowing from numbers or instructions.

edit: pic of what I mean - add another 35 degrees onto that backwards movement and you have where I can bend to.

13093256(400x400).jpg

He said that he would show me what I was doing but he couldn't physically bend that far XD

It is giving me a problem as it feels more natural for me in a snatch to throw my arms back as far as possible, and with a heavy weight I will be very unbalanced and fall back. Was working on my form and getting there, really piecing the snatch together. Did a 10kg bar and it was a good job I have lethal grip as it would have bounced off the floor or someones head! Moved onto a 15kg and I feel like the momentum has dampened and I'm not swinging it as far back.

Its also funny how the olympic snatch is by FAR easier for me than a regular squat. I can get lower, I can do heavier weights, AND I'm not having any pain compared to the AGONY of pushing back up from a static squat position. It's all about le momentum. I'm going to get a physio to have a look at my knee and see if I can rehab it a bit. PT reckons a meniscus tear is very likely given the nature of the injury.

I dont know why but I just LOVE oly snatches. There's something about getting them perfect that fills me with SO MUCH EXCITEMENT. :D Like I said to my PT, gimme weights over cardio any day, i'm totes in love with em :3

Edited by Raining_again

It's all personal preference but for me I always get the biggest buzz from cardio. Something about pushing your body through that last mile even though you're dying, you're legs feel like jelly and your arse is soaking from the howling rain that can't be topped from lifting weights. I lift weights because I need too, I can't say I particularly enjoy it.

Oh yeah totally, any exercise is better than sitting on the sofa!

Elliptical Trainer:

0:15:00 || Moderate (+113 pts)

15 minutes level 10 av speed 10kmph

Stretching:

0:04:00 (+2 pts)

Two-Arm Kettlebell Swing:

did circuit of kb swing, clean, press.

Clean:

20 kg x 10 reps (+52 pts)

20 kg x 10 reps (+52 pts)

Standing Barbell Shoulder Press (OHP):

20 kg x 10 reps (+75 pts)

20 kg x 10 reps (+75 pts)

10 kg x 10 reps (+65 pts)

15 kg x 10 reps (+70 pts)

set 3 and 4 done with the later power snatches and snatches

Clean and Press:

30 kg x 10 reps (+127 pts)

35 kg x 5 reps (+116 pts)

35 kg x 5 reps (+116 pts)

struggled towards the last set and personal trainer had to nudge it past where my triceps were struggling to push. Also have a bit of a shoulder strain from the 24kg kettlebell swings last session.

Power Snatch:

10 kg x 10 reps (+53 pts)

15 kg x 10 reps (+57 pts)

the swing part of the snatch, minus the squatting. Did all of the exercises (power snatch, squat, press, snatch) then moved onto the 15kg

Overhead Barbell Squat:

10 kg x 15 reps (+40 pts)

Snatch:

10 kg x 10 reps (+65 pts)

15 kg x 10 reps (+70 pts)

Body is tired today. Worked my back yesterday (pull-ups, deadlifts and rows, with some shrugs) and am feeling drained. Need some moar food! Thought about having another workout today but I wouldn't get much out of it, I think. Deadlift was 110kg for 4 this time, which I managed two sets of. Getting better. Need to involve the legs more.