N-Europe

Destiny

Dog-amoto

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anything, this is making Rocksteady's idea of that £33 Arkham Knight season pass seem value for money in comparison. But seriously, if Bungie really want me to pay for all the content again just to get exclusive stuff, they can stick it. Quite a few people are upset (and that's slightly underestimating that) across various other sites (Eurogamer, Neogaf, IGN etc). I was thinking about the Taken King stuff.

Edit: Does anyone know an xXInvisible-MeXx, it's just they are trying to join the clan and i can't find them on here?

Edited by Jimbob

If anything, this is making Rocksteady's idea of that £33 Arkham Knight season pass seem value for money in comparison. But seriously, if Bungie really want me to pay for all the content again just to get exclusive stuff, they can stick it. Quite a few people are upset (and that's slightly underestimating that) across various other sites (Eurogamer, Neogaf, IGN etc). I was thinking about the Taken King stuff.

Edit: Does anyone know an xXInvisible-MeXx, it's just they are trying to join the clan and i can't find them on here?

Before anyone says so, it is not one of my random friends!

Im tempted to opt out of the DLC. I love gaming with you guys and it may be this forum that makes me buy it anyway but the pricing is wank.

What really pisses me off is that you can get absolutely everything for 15 quid more than the expansion pack whereas the early adopters bought the main game then the expansion pass. What a fucking joke!

The DLC price - £40 is a joke in itself. Thats the price of a full game!

So, Bungie are trying to justify the Taken King price. And are being a bit cheeky about something else as well.

Link

Courtesy of N-E's ex-EiC :) still looking out for us.

Earlier I said I would definitely buy this no matter what, I'm not sure now. I'm not going to pre-order, that's for certain. I hope for a revised pricing model, but won't hold my breath. Last thing I want to do is add to the pre-order figures though.

@Daft @Shorty Really sorry guys, I'm going to have to cancel. :( Didn't realise before but tomorrow we're going to be packing a lot of stuff for moving to our new house. Sorry, hope that's enough time to get a replacement!

Anyone want to take my spot tomorrow for a L35 PoE?

Maybe we could postpone, I actually just realised Batman will be coming today so I'd quite like to play that :p

Edited by Shorty

I'm not sure if I'm free another night tbh. PoE isn't a big deal though, if you want to play Batman.

Anyone else want to do it? Like I said, PoE isn't a big deal. I'm only trying to get an Elder Cypher. And I'm not amazingly bothered by that either but would be cool to do.

I'm not sure if I'm free another night tbh. PoE isn't a big deal though, if you want to play Batman.

Anyone else want to do it? Like I said, PoE isn't a big deal. I'm only trying to get an Elder Cypher. And I'm not amazingly bothered by that either but would be cool to do.

I'm free if you still want to do the PoE. :)

There's been an update in regards to the Taken King content and the Veteran players. Hopefully they sort it out, because as it stands, this is a complete kick in the teeth for everyone whom have played since 2014.

UPDATE 23/6/15 9.00am: Bungie has responded to fan debate surrounding the exclusive perks found in The Taken King's Collector's Edition with word of "something better" for veteran Destiny players.

Bungie community manager David "Deej" Dague has said that fans should expect details this Thursday in the developer's weekly Destiny blog update.

"Year One players won't get the same perks as people who buy a collector's edition," he told Forbes. "They'll get something better. Tune into the Weekly Update for more."

In several longer responses posted to Bungie's official forum, Deej explained that the studio was planning to discuss how existing players will be recognised - something that Luke Smith touched upon in Eurogamer's original interview below - and also "revisit" Bungie's thinking on the various The Taken King versions.

"I'm catching up on a lot of conversation about The Taken King," Deej wrote. "Please know that we're reading this feedback and taking it as seriously - as we always do. Destiny is a great game because we worked together to make it that way over the course of the past year. That partnership has not changed.

"I understand that you want me to go on record right now with something that will address the disappointment that's being expressed here. I'm going to defer to the Bungie Weekly Update, in which we'll talk more about the things we're doing to celebrate the year-one Guardians who helped us build this community. I'll also revisit our goals in offering different versions of The Taken King. Ever heard the old adage about trying to please everyone?

"The Collector's Edition is mostly sold out, so the people who found that stuff valuable jumped at the chance," Deej added in a separate post. "You'll likely see it sold on eBay for much more than what we're asking. But that's not the point. Right?

"The real conversation here is: What are we doing to honour you, the players who have been bound to Destiny in this first year of action and adventure? I'm glad you asked. I'm going to answer in the Bungie Weekly Update.

"Please stay tuned."

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!