Challenge Mode: Oryx

1: Drift Kaiser

2: Eddage

3: Shorty

4: Milagi

5:

6:

Maybe: Agent Gibb

Stick with Wed 7-8pm as usually or we could start the doing the first half of the raid tonight so we can finish the rest tomorrow?

Edited by DriftKaiser

might be free to join Wednesday, not confirmed as yet though

Its been ages since i've played Destiny, think i was training up my hunter to be raid worthy - think i was at the stage of needing legendary armour to infuse the copious amounts of spares from my other two

Just made a new friend after had an epic 1vs1 with him during a Rift game. We are pretty even matched with similar K/D.

Really sorry but I won't be around tonight @DriftKaiser

No worries.

Just got a hilarious pm out of nowhere from a guy called righteouseph. He said "You just lost your account :] You know why! enjoys". I googled his username and apparently he successfully got some accounts banned in the past because they are better than him. Pathetic or what?

The raid was never gonna happen anyway ::shrug:

I say we give up til the next big update. Joining a PuG is probably your best bet if you want that max LL.

The raid was never gonna happen anyway ::shrug:

I say we give up til the next big update. Joining a PuG is probably your best bet if you want that max LL.

Yeah, I'd probably agree with you on that. Mind, had it have been 5 or a full raid team then I'd have been able to play.

Figured we wouldn't have enough tonight so opted to play my first game of 5-a-side football since July instead.

Any noob raids?

I am 314 light but never done Oryx. I sort of get the strategy looking at vids and reading so hoping I am not too troublesome for any group...

Or is normal Kings Fall so 2015? :p

At 314 you could do Hard Mode... remember 310 was the cap when Normal Mode came out. At 311 you get no red numbers on even the last mobs.

Any noob raids?

I am 314 light but never done Oryx. I sort of get the strategy looking at vids and reading so hoping I am not too troublesome for any group...

Or is normal Kings Fall so 2015? :p

How did you get your light so high without completing the raid?? Or have you done bits up to Oryx? I'd like to do a NM attempt again sometime...

How did you get your light so high without completing the raid?? Or have you done bits up to Oryx? I'd like to do a NM attempt again sometime...

Maybe he got a couple of 310 exotic gears, done some SRL/Iron Banner/Trial of Orisis which sometime drop 310+ gears. :P

I'd like to do a NM attempt again sometime...

I'd be up for that too, I haven't cleared the raid yet but I finally got my sword quest complete!! :D Thanks to @DriftKaiser for helping me out.

I did everything but the Raids and Osiris. I started Nightfalls mostly this year...

Yeah i think i went the hard route...

I have every exotic at 310 though minus 2 quest items that need raiding (Malice and No time to Explain) and one sword (void)

So I should just do hard mode? In WOW higher difficulty means new tactics and boss features.

I did try a raid this week and got up to Oryx but couldnt proceed beyond that. I am glad its not even half as long as a WOW raid lol. Though the platforming stuff is silly. It still feels basic and clunky compared to WOW but its nice having a fps like this.

Edited by Choze

I did everything but the Raids and Osiris. I started Nightfalls mostly this year...

Yeah i think i went the hard route...

I have every exotic at 310 though minus 2 quest items that need raiding (Malice and No time to Explain).

So I should just do hard mode? In WOW higher difficulty means new tactics and boss features.

I did try a raid this week and got up to Oryx but couldnt proceed beyond that. I am glad its not even half as long as a WOW raid lol.

There's only a few little differences between normal and hard mode, the biggest thing is that in hard mode you can't be revived by teammates.

You can only get items up to 310 light in normal mode as well so it would be pretty pointless in you doing it.

There's only a few little differences between normal and hard mode, the biggest thing is that in hard mode you can't be revived by teammates.

You can only get items up to 310 light in normal mode as well so it would be pretty pointless in you doing it.

Ah ok but i am worried i'll cause wipes etc. Seeing as i havent experienced it properly. I enjoy it when I am tactically clued up and know what i am doing when things go wrong etc.

I went up to sisters in normal and had no clue what was going... I just made sure my dps was high. Golgroth and Warpriest make sense though.

Just finished the raid.

Got the calcified fragments and Oryx. As there wasn't much time i had a passive role... Plus it was on someones streaming channel so lots of helping but also hurrying towards the end.

But looking at what people were doing I think I understand what needs to be done.

I am guessing the black balls are the bombs? Dropped by the Ogres. You have to detonate them all at the end and boom Oryx? The shade etc. I think it all makes sense. Will watch a few more vids. Damage didn't seem to be an issue. But i ran out of special and heavy ammo alot.

Edited by Choze

Bungie is building a new Twitch studio for pretty everything from news to Bungie bounty. Also Iron Banner is back next week.

I'd be up for that too, I haven't cleared the raid yet but I finally got my sword quest complete!! :D Thanks to @DriftKaiser for helping me out.

Damn! I still need to do my sword quest! Just got it recent on my Warlock, and it seems Shaxx has given me it again for Sol Edge on my Titan(think it's because I'd bought it from him). How hard was the quest?

Were you doing nightfalls with people @Choze or solo-ing? I do wanna try and find time to tackle more of them, but sometimes they're bloody hard!!

The last part of the quest is one of the more difficult boss fights, you need a teammate or two who knows what they're doing. I actually still need two of the exotic swords because I could never be bothered to gather the hadium flakes for two more....

We got wrecked in that game :( I was desperate for a rematch.

Stupid Destiny and your stupid lack of custom matches.

Damn! I still need to do my sword quest! Just got it recent on my Warlock, and it seems Shaxx has given me it again for Sol Edge on my Titan(think it's because I'd bought it from him). How hard was the quest?

It was challenging at first but we managed to complete it on second try. @Shorty is right it's a lot more easier with a teammate that knows the fight. You have to kill the boss within 30 seconds of killing the warden (a special add that spawns in the boss room), so we just got them both to low HP then killed them both.

Were you doing nightfalls with people @Choze or solo-ing? I do wanna try and find time to tackle more of them, but sometimes they're bloody hard!!

Nightfalls in groups ofcourse. I am not insane.

I managed Hunger pangs at the boss solo. Didnt have to kill the boss. 40 fragments in store. Can easily reach 45 as several are easy ones(in strikes mostly).

I am halfway through the collection quest of the Void sword. I'd say thats tougher than the boss quest :p