NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

I am up for it. :santa:

Need the chocolate Ghost.

The game's a bit quiet now. Bungie's fault. God knows what they're playing at over there. No new PvE content released or even announced for nearly five months.

Even subscription games take much longer with new content. WOW being a good example. Its normal and ok for people to burn through content(then moan about it). Lets see what e3 etc reveal. But i am sure most developers would kill to be in the position Bungie are in.

The difference is the silence. Bungie have promised repeatedly to be more transparent and yet we haven't heard anything concrete for ages. Every blog post is a hugely fluffed up ream of distraction.

I'm not raging at them or anything, I know that most of us here exhausted the available content at a rate way above average and overplayed those raids til we could squeeze out every last drop of fun/loot.

But they need to do something soon and it has to be more than a redecorated tower and some microtransactions.

Typically just as I post that, they post a weekly update... still no PvE news except for a couple of Kings Fall bug fixes:

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=44307

Main thing to take away: 3v3 playlists will start you without special ammo, and they're trying to punish players who have bad connections instead of making them harder to hit etc..

Patch hits Tues 9th Feb.

Why the special ammo change for 3v3? Not that I play 3v3 very often(only really Salvage on the dailies) but if both teams are starting with special then I don't see it being much of a balance issue? Unless it's to work the spawns into more of a strategic point or something.

Definitely makes sense to me for Trials.

In 6v6 if you run into a bottleneck at spawn and get your face sniped off it's kinda your fault. In 3v3 strategies are more limited.

Look like people will start to use the NLB, Invective/Icebreaker or any special weapon with rescue magazine. My Party Crasher already got the Rescue Magazine so I just need to don the Ram so I can tank to get free special ammo magazine refill.

Wanted to check with folks here - is the chance for an exotic 310 rollout at 300+ light or 301+?? Must have decoded about 8 or 9 on my warlock at 300 light but they've all annoyingly been 290, so wondering if maybe its at 301? Does the chance scale with increasing light level?

When you are 310+, the exotic engrams will be decrypted at 310. If you are below 310, they will be 290/300.

When you are 310+, the exotic engrams will be decrypted at 310. If you are below 310, they will be 290/300.

That can't be right - I was getting 310s on my 306 titan!

That can't be right - I was getting 310s on my 306 titan!

If you're at 310+ light level then your exotic engram is guaranteed a 310 decryption.

If you're less than 310 then it's more likely to decrypt to the 290/300, but there is slim chance that it will be a 310 - you just have to be pretty lucky!

If you're at 310+ light level then your exotic engram is guaranteed a 310 decryption.

If you're less than 310 then it's more likely to decrypt to the 290/300, but there is slim chance that it will be a 310 - you just have to be pretty lucky!

You need to be 311 for a guaranteed 310 exotic.

Also, I'm fairly certain that if you're between 300 and 310 then it's either a 290 or 310 exotic - they don't ever decrypt at light level 300.

Edited by Eddage

Also, I'm fairly certain that if you're between 300 and 310 then it's either a 290 or 310 exotic - they don't every decrypt at light level 300.

@Rummy - what Eddage says ;)

Also, I'm fairly certain that if you're between 300 and 310 then it's either a 290 or 310 exotic - they don't ever decrypt at light level 300.

@Rummy - what Eddage says ;)

Aha! When you say 'between' does that include being 300, or is it 301+? I got quite a few 310 rollouts on my titan around ~306light, but as I said I've done maybe 8 or 9+ on my Warlock equipped to light level 300 and they've all been an annoying 290!! I was hoping using the Warlock would give me more chance of rolling out Warlock exotics, but if they're all gonna be 290 then it's kind of defeating the point! Tinternets seems to suggest the 310 chance even at 300 light...but my luck is really making me doubt it compared to that I had on my Titan!

I think it includes 300. Of course RNG is still RNG, so you could decrypt 20 and end up with all 290s, then the next 10 could be 310!

I think it includes 300. Of course RNG is still RNG, so you could decrypt 20 and end up with all 290s, then the next 10 could be 310!

Daaaaaaaaamn. Thanks for the clarification though! I remember being all excited at all the 310s I was getting on my Titan, guess it turns out that luck was gonna balance out :p

Best go see Xur for some more coins today methinks!

Send me a message or join me for the Crimson Day double crucible. I want to get 320 ghost shell and all shaders

Send me a message or join me for the Crimson Day double crucible. I want to get 320 ghost shell and all shaders

I'll help you matey, but I won't be around until tomorrow

Is anyone up for a raid tomorrow? Haven't done one for a few weeks and think it's back to the Golgoroth challenge so will be good for amour!

King's Fall, Gologoroth Challenge, Wednesday @ 7:30

1. Eddage

Is anyone up for a raid tomorrow? Haven't done one for a few weeks and think it's back to the Golgoroth challenge so will be good for amour!

King's Fall, Gologoroth Challenge, Wednesday @ 7:30

1. Eddage

Count me in

I'd be up for it @Eddage, but only if you could get a full fireteam

Otherwise I'm interested in the Crimson Doubles if anyone's interested?

I'd be up for it @Eddage, but only if you could get a full fireteam

Otherwise I'm interested in the Crimson Doubles if anyone's interested?

I'm up for trying out doubles if you've got no-one else to partner up with.

I'm not overly fussed about it though so if there's someone who actually wants to do it then I'll let them take the place (plus I'll be shit :heh:).

I'm up for trying out doubles if you've got no-one else to partner up with.

I'm not overly fussed about it though so if there's someone who actually wants to do it then I'll let them take the place (plus I'll be shit :heh:).

That's cool with me :) to be fair, I see it as more of a laugh than anything else. The loot is more a bonus (although a 320 shell wouldn't go amiss)

I think you'll do fine. There's obviously some good people playing but it's nothing like Trials. The first few games Drift and I played we won 5-0, took a while before we even got challenged.