Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Destiny

Dog-amoto

Well done! We did it really quickly!

21:00 on Thursday to do it again.

Eddage, me and Kav will do the weekly stuff tomorrow at 20:00-20:30.

Mr G, me and Kav are happy to do the weekly stuff again with you on Weds. 20:00-20:30.

Cheers - much appreciated! Thanks also for helping me get the other 6 Strange Coins as well. I'm saving them up to buy the Ice Breaker :)

Well done to everyone for last night! To complete it in just over two and a half hours after all the problems we had last time (7 hours on Atheon alone) made this a tremendous effort! @kav82 @Eddage @Blade @Agent Gibbs @Map

Roll on Thursday! :yay:

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@kav82 @Eddage @Blade @Map

I was well and truly shocked we managed to finish the raid so quickly compared to last time, but I suppose once you know what you are doing its easier

I was very pleased with my loot, raid greaves, the exotic Monte Carlo auto rifle (think it regenerates ammo,could be useful), more shards , chatter white and a exotic Sauros - think I did okay

Makes up for all those energies I got on the first raids

Yeah it always goes quicker after the first one, once you have the system down and you've got the new weapons/gear it really boosts it. We had it down to under 90 minutes until they changed up the Atheon teleports.

I expect to find nothing of use again tomorrow... they should come up with some kind of self-trade where you can swap 5 exotic weapons you never wanted in the first place for that one piece of armour you've been after for 2 months :blank:

Yeah it always goes quicker after the first one, once you have the system down and you've got the new weapons/gear it really boosts it. We had it down to under 90 minutes until they changed up the Atheon teleports.

I expect to find nothing of use again tomorrow... they should come up with some kind of self-trade where you can swap 5 exotic weapons you never wanted in the first place for that one piece of armour you've been after for 2 months :blank:

Bit of a pisstake, really. The only solution to boost your chances is to create clone characters of the same class, which is a real time sink and I won't be doing it.

I JUST NEED FUCKING BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS!!! :bouncy:

I found a PUG yesterday just to finish of Atheon on hard. We did it first time, no one died, we barely even talked. Everyone just knew what they had to do. And obviously I got good old Gjallahorn out on the second teleport and emptied five rockets into him and he went down a second later.

It took about three minutes.

We were all pretty surprised.

Of course I got 3 energies and a Chatterwhite. -_-

Bit of a pisstake, really. The only solution to boost your chances is to create clone characters of the same class, which is a real time sink and I won't be doing it.

Took me two days to level up a second character to lvl 20. And about 9 seconds to level him up again to lvl 29.

It takes up a slot that could be used for another character of a different class though and it still takes bleeding ages. I think I've played a warlock for at least 9-10 hours and they're still only L12 or L13 (made worse since a lot of bounties required doing levels that I couldn't really attempt yet, story/level-wise). All that for a slightly boosted chance of finding one piece of raid armour (that we'll probably get eventually on account of doing the raid every week regardless) seems completely not worth it to me.

I maxed out my Hunter before I deleted him (for the trophy). I really didn't like playing as a Hunter, it didn't suit my play style at all, and consequently I have a load of respect for Hunters because they are the most delicate class by a long way (and the inconsistency of invisibility is infuriating sometimes).

Get someone to run through the missions with you on Hard for the bonus XP. I will, if I'm online - you get great weapons XP from it. Also, your should have hit the XP bonuses from killing almost all enemy types; if Hard gives you an extra 400XP, then with your XP bonus from killing so many of X amount of enemies you should get 55XP per Captain type enemy and I think 25XP for normal enemies. Also, keep picking up bounties. You won't have access to the daily ones until later on but as you go through missions you'll get some through the post master.

It's really not hard. It took me about 10hrs to hit lvl 20.

There are also other benefits to a second character, like levelling up armour and also hold more relevant armour making it a little easier to balance all the Dis/Int/Str stats.

Really? I find that being able to go invisible makes it really easy to survive, most of the time. Getting mobbed is as simple as smacking an enemy in the face to instantly go invisible and get the mobs to leave you alone.

Certainly when I've be doing Nightfall, the ability to go invisible then revive all my teammates without enemies noticing a thing is incredibly useful and has gotten us out of a bunch of scrapes. Not quite as good as a self revive, but it's good for reviving others. :p

The only boon for me for a second hunter would be to get the boots (all my weapons armour/is maxed EXP). I just know that in doing this I'd end up getting plenty of boots afterwards, leading me to question why the hell I wasted a weekend on it. :blank:

It'll be useful for all future raids.

Yeah, that stab invisibility is good but I'd a million times rather have an overshield. Hunters would make sense if you could play the game slowly but it's so high tempo I find all those skills a little wasted. (Also, as a SunBro, self-res is invaluable on Hard mode raid where there are no revives.) Actually, I was talking with a friend and I reckon Hunters should be the only class able to revive players in Hard mode because the other two classes have pretty essential skills for the HM Raid (Weapons of Light and Self-Res).

I was actually thinking about the crouch invisibility.

But, like I said, the class really doesn't suit my play style.

Another cool thing about the Bladedancer - if your vision goes completely dark in the raid, going invisible lets you see. Such a ridiculous perk but has saved me once or twice. :p

Crouch invisibility is good for when you're not already in a scrape or are in cover, while melee-invisibility is great if you're already in the shit. If you're in trouble and not near an enemy to melee, activating your super both gives you a shield then lets you go invisible whenever you want by pressing R2 (so long as you set this as your super ability, which I do). It's quite easy to chain up invisibility with these three options, as well as having Shadowjack to extend the duration of invisibility. Switching to bladedancer dramatically changed the way I played; I love gunslinger too but not having invisibility feels like my arm has been cut off. Dat safety blanket!

Edited by Sheikah

Another cool thing about the Bladedancer - if your vision goes completely dark in the raid, going invisible lets you see. Such a ridiculous perk but has saved me once or twice. :p

Crouch invisibility is good for when you're not already in a scrape or are in cover, while melee-invisibility is great if you're already in the shit. If you're in trouble and not near an enemy to melee, activating your super both gives you a shield then lets you go invisible whenever you want by pressing R2 (so long as you set this as your super ability, which I do). It's quite easy to chain up invisibility with these three options, as well as having Shadowjack to extend the duration of invisibility. Switching to bladedancer dramatically changed the way I played; I love gunslinger too but not having invisibility feels like my arm has been cut off. Dat safety blanket!

I didn't know that! I took your advice from last time about the Shadowjack as well, so thanks for that - very useful!

Another cool thing about the Bladedancer - if your vision goes completely dark in the raid, going invisible lets you see. Such a ridiculous perk...

I didn't know this bit!

I think going invisible is easily the handiest ability in the game. It makes Nightfalls etc a breeze as you just run past everyone and don't bother killing them.

It's also brilliant for reviving teammates of course.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!