N-Europe

Secret Santa

Rummy

So guys I thought it might be an apt time to mention that in case you hadn't already guessed, I am actually none other than Santa himself.

Just kidding(or am I!). Essentially, I've been roped in to the so far avoided 'festivities' of doing the ol' secret santa at work. I say avoided, I've only seen one christmas so far, but I did a pretty good job of managing to not see it. I work in an office mostly full of ladies/mums, though the male contingent have been doing a good job of taking over lately(seriously it's like...25 to 5 atm?). Luckily imo, I've pulled a guy out of the hat. However, I've NEVER done stuff like this before, especially with people I don't really know; what's the protocol/ettiquette? Whats the rough spend, whats a good thing for a guy? I need ideas dammit! What makes it even worse is the fact my own job is essentially very separate from most other folks who basically don't sit next to me, and I mingle rather little with anyone else in the office as a result. I'm almost convinced there are still some folks who don't quite know what I do! That's getting off the point however.

tl;dr: Secret santa - ideas for me, and general thoughts from people on the whole debacle. I'd rather not, but I'm too far gone to turn around now.

We are doing one at work. Well not a Secret Santa but a Secret Sinterklaas, but it is the same principle. =P

I managed to pick one of the only two males who are in our group haha. But it is a bit easier as we have agreed to spend £10 per person, plus we have set up online wishlists so people know what to buy. Even the name picking was done through an online system actually. =)

Maybe you need to ask people in work if anything has been agreed for the costs?

I picked myself for secret Santa. I was off for a few days so mine was the last option, thus non changeable. Fuck them all least I don't get a shit present!

"Merry Christmas, Hannah!"

"Why thank you, Hannah, I have a present for you."

"Oh really? You are a generous friend."

Something like that.

I picked myself for secret Santa. I was off for a few days so mine was the last option, thus non changeable. Fuck them all least I don't get a shit present!

Does everyone open their gifts in front of everyone else? If so, you should buy yourself an iPad or something!

We have to pull the names out at our place this Sunday. There's a maximum limit of £5 since most of us are part-timers and the majority who work there are girls and the majority of THEM are into TOWIE so if I pick one of them, it's pretty easy. If I don't...well...I dunno, maybe a box of chocolates or something.

As for you Rummy, a box of chocolates or, as someone said, something jokey that says something about his character, just make sure it's nothing offensive and you're alright, lmao.

"Merry Christmas, Hannah!"

"Why thank you, Hannah, I have a present for you."

"Oh really? You are a generous friend."

Something like that.

And then something like this:

tumblr_m9lbxkBZzx1rzhv5ho1_500.gif

Anyway...

We did it at uni two years ago and I ended up with someone who I believe, in the entire year, showed up five times. Suffice to say they got a generic box of chocolates.

How about one of those 'comedy' books that you get at HMV for about a fiver? What's their interests? Give us details to use!

I don't know, this is the problem! As I said, my job is only really dependant on me; other people who are there just there, so I don't mingle with everyone despite how small it all is. He's actually in a similar position I guess, in his specific field in his little office, and we just don't tend to cross paths much. I don't know why I even agreed to this/why I didn't protest against it. Edible underpants, whilst hilarious, just are not the tone of my office. Or maybe they are(I would love to do it and see, but it might be a bit too much for some). Seriously though, imagine working in an office full of mums, middleclass mums mostly too. Half the reason I don't mingle much is because I feel terribly outclassed in part.

I don't know, this is the problem! As I said, my job is only really dependant on me; other people who are there just there, so I don't mingle with everyone despite how small it all is. He's actually in a similar position I guess, in his specific field in his little office, and we just don't tend to cross paths much. I don't know why I even agreed to this/why I didn't protest against it. Edible underpants, whilst hilarious, just are not the tone of my office. Or maybe they are(I would love to do it and see, but it might be a bit too much for some). Seriously though, imagine working in an office full of mums, middleclass mums mostly too. Half the reason I don't mingle much is because I feel terribly outclassed in part.

Facebook stalk him then to find out :p

Or get him a box of condoms with the following note attached: "so you don't end up making the same horrible mistake most people in this office have made".