N-Europe

The Red Dwarf Mafia

Jimbob

I do suspect sheikah, but to me the evidence against Magnus is just too much. If Magnus is mafia, I'd be willing to bet anything that Rummy is as well. If he's not, it's got to be Sheikah.

Vote: Magnus Peterson

I really hope this is right or I'll be right in the firing line tomorrow :-/

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't think Sheikah is a more definite bet after his behaviour, though? Magnus is one who can help mess up the mafia with power swapping, especially they now don't have a roleblocker. He can help interfere with any plans they have, has anybody suffered any adverse effects from him the last few nights? Though admittedly, it would be good to hear if anyone has suffered ANY effects from him.

I do suspect sheikah, but to me the evidence against Magnus is just too much. If Magnus is mafia, I'd be willing to bet anything that Rummy is as well. If he's not, it's got to be Sheikah.

Vote: Magnus Peterson

I really hope this is right or I'll be right in the firing line tomorrow :-/

Despite the fact I was one of the first on the Dannyboy lynch? Despite the fact you weren't? The fact you JUST said you don't want to use your double vote at this point in the game and just have? You're definitely maff then, and I guess I'll be dying tonight when you kill me.

Remember folks, if Magnus is town - Sheikah is mafia, so is Dohnut - take them out.

Well, that's it, majority. How silly you all are.

I'm telling you this Magnus lynch is bullshit, Sheikah's been pushing it all game, absolutely did not vote or acknowledge than Danny could have been mafia, and tried right at the end to call a mafia lynch train - clearly wasn't. This Magnus lynch is crap, I'd suggest @bob and @Jon Dedede, I don't even know anymore. Now that I'm Duane, I don't seem to be getting much information - I feel like I'm wandering around a bit of a simpleton and wouldn't even notice danger if it happened to me. Why do you ask, though?

Please, do not lie. I believed Magnus for a good portion of the game and only tried to lynch him when I got info that he was connected to the crime.

I am voting for him because I completely believe he is Mafia. I don't see why, despite info from people who we all clearly believe are town, you keep defending him.

Out of interest how many kills must he make before you suspect him?

Votes

Sheikah - Rummy (1)

Magnus Peterson - Cube, Nintendohnut, Sheikah, bob (5)

Majority of 5 now reached (that was quick)

The crew had their eyes locked onto one particular person, the chef. They approached him in the kitchen with the evidence in hand. A bloodied chef hat, bits of a light-bee and a book entitled "Danish Cooking". All these items were found around the scene of those that died. They approached and he begged them not to believe what they've heard. But this time, they had enough. They picked him up, he was begging for forgiveness all the time. They took him and put him into one of the suspended animation pods. This was to make sure he couldn't escape whilst the courts come ready to sentence him

Magnus Peterson is no longer in the game, he was............... well Olaf Peterson

Petersen1.jpg

Lister’s drinking buddy. Known for being “Very good in bed”, only person to back this up is yourself. A chef, you can prepare meals for everyone on-board ship. You are well known, and well liked by many people. But as the buddy of Lister, getting drunk is a priority.

Power + Role: Target swapper, you pick 2 targets and whoever targets A will get B and visa-versa. As an added bonus, you can protect either target A or B.

He was a member of the town

With that done, the crew returned to what they had planned for the evening.

Alive (8 players)

@bob

@Jon Dedede

@EEVILMURRAY

@MoogleViper

@Nintendohnut

Deceased

Jonnas

The Peeps

DuD

Animal

mr-paul

Dannyboy-the-Dane

Yvonne

@Magnus Peterson

Day is over, get them PM's in

Edited by Jimbob

The night went on. The crew went about their business, 2 droids were wandering around. Scutters were scurrying around playing "Cowboys and Indians". The ship's computer opened and closed doors and a toaster offered toast to anyone who passed by

For 1 however, the end was nigh. Legion, the creation of a group of scientists was wandering around last night. He was being polite and admiring some works of art that he bought with him from the science station when he arrived on the Dwarf several weeks ago. He received a message to go to the cargo hold to receive another shipment of art from the station. Of which he jumped to the chance to do so. As he was heading there, he was approached by a colleague who gave him the container key. Still excited to see what was within the container, he approached it. Opening the container, he entered to admire the art. He was so engrossed with it, he failed to see that the container doors were being closed behind him. By the time he realized he was locked inside, it was too late. He heard the whirrs and groans of the crane lifting the container higher and higher into the air. Then the container was released, it crashed into the ground with such a thud that it went through the floor into the Starbug hangers.

Legion is dead, Moogleviper is no longer in the game

Legion1.jpg

You remain alive as long as Lister, Cat, Kryten and Rimmer remain alive. If they are no longer alive, neither are you. So it is your job to keep them alive as your life depends on them. A creation from the top scientists of their time, old age came about quick and you were left alone. For some reason, you found your way onto the Dwarf.

Your power is as follows: You are pretty sharp. You may target a player each night. You will find out who else targeted that player.

He was neutral

Also in the evening, a freak accident occured for 2 other members of the crew. Due to the cargo container crashing through the floor into the lower Starbug hanger there happened to be a few loose wires and cables. Duane and Able, both a little clumsy happened to touch these cables.

Abel is dead, Jon Dedede is no longer in the game

Able1.jpg

Kryten’s brother, an Otrazone-addict now clean. You are similar to Kryten, except you are a lot slower at the cleaning. Being his brother, you share many traits. Namely the same shaped heads programmed on Dr Mammeds ex-husband.

Your power is as follows: You may target a player each night. You will find out who else targeted that player.

And

Cat/Duane Dibley are dead - Rummy is no longer in the game

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSE4XNQaE3YiplfAk6ypRWtkYrLvNCdvYZUzrphy4caAJD6XdJX7gj4Y2p4

2893789721_11a39e66ba.jpg

Evolved descendant of Listers cat “Frankenstein”, you are known solely as Cat. The cat society left Red Dwarf seeking the Promised Land, leaving behind those who were too ill or old to travel. The Cat is the son of the cripple and the idiot. The Cat's personality is thinking only of his own wellbeing, Vain and superficial. Despite all of his boasting, he has never had any genuine experience with a female.

Your role/power in this game is of an investigator. After all, what are cats good for except chasing mice?. You can investigate a target and find out their powers

Both were members of the town

With that said and done, the remaining town quickly made their escape on a Starbug. Leaving the mafia on-board the Dwarf.

EEVILMURRAY was Kryten

kryten.gif

Rescued from the Nova 5 many years ago, you are now the service robot on-board Red Dwarf. Programmed with all known-skills for a domestic droid, but with the ability of lying now possible due to Lister breaking that rule, you are capable of living your own independent life. But yet, you still abide by a set program of commands.

Role/Powers: Reverse Alignment investigator. Pick a target and a recipient. The recipient is given the alignment investigation result of your target but not the target name. You will be told if the information was received by the recipient

Cube was the Skutters

Bob1.jpg

The ships cleaning droids, you work well with Kryten as you both have the same drive of cleaning. You can repair components of the ship and assist with healing.

You can reverse roleblock a roleblocker if you target them. You also protect players from roleblockers

Mafia wins!!!!, they have majority of the votes

Mafia players who won

Kristine Kochanski - bob

Kochanski1.jpg

The Mum/Girlfriend of Lister. A weird combination I’m sure, but it’s all good. A navigation officer by day. You return to the Dwarf after taking some time off for personal reasons, namely splitting up with Lister. You returned to extract revenge on Lister for the break-up, and what better way than to take over the ship.

Power is as follows - Your power is to alter the alignment on investigations. You can make mafia appear good, town appear evil. A neutral player will appear good on odd days or evil on even days.

Queeg 500 - Sheikah

337821.jpg

Red Dwarf back-up computer. You lie in wait, waiting to return to the scene and be the main computer. You’ve never liked Holly, his happy go larry attitude breaks all of your morals on how a computer should behave.

To begin with, you are a protector.

You will return to fulfil your role as the main computer, and all you need is for someone to delete Holly. Once you are the main computer, at night you can pick a crew member and track them. You will receive information on what they did and where they went. You control the whole ship, and can run it as the captain sees fit.

Talkie Toaster – Nintendohnut

TalkieToaster1.jpg

Consistent begging the crew for toast, you were rebuilt after the “accident” involving a mallet and Lister. But you’ve still got the urge for cooking toast. No matter who it is.

Your power/role is as follows – Power reflector, if you target anyone you will reflect their power back onto your target. You also have the double vote

Thanks everyone for playing this game, full roles will be posted later on today. You are free to post PM's from this point on

@mr\-paul

@bob

@Jon Dedede

@Dannyboy\-the\-Dane

@Magnus Peterson

@Nintendohnut

Addtional

Due to completing his win condition of transforming Cat into Duane Dibley, @Animal also wins

Edited by Jimbob

Arnold Rimmer/Ace Rimmer – The Peeps

tve1015-20090411-284.jpg

3rd Technician Arnold Rimmer, unlucky in life and love. Resurrected as a hard-light hologram after an accident involving the airlock, you are still a kiss-up to the captain and senior officers. But not by many others. The target for pranks and consistently being picked on, you spend your days organising your shoe tree collection and trying to empower your authority via directives, which you always get wrong. Same goes for passing the exams, always failing them. Last known fail including writing “I am a fish” 500 times, doing a funny little dance and fainting.

Your power and role – You are a protector, you can bore people for the night thus stopping them from being affected by the night actions (minus a kill) – You are town

(Additional: If you are targeted by the polymorph, you will transform into Ace Rimmer. You will then become a roleblocker, blocking all actions on your target.)

Dave Lister - Yvonne

tve3036-20090411-284.jpg

The last human being alive, well until some of the crew were resurrected. A slob who feasts on curries every night, but Monday for some reason. An avid lager drinker, he is much loved by everyone but Rimmer and the Captain. Most days are spent playing the guitar, riding around the ship on your bike and generally trying to find more ingenious ways of slobbing off and killing time.

Your role/powers are as - You are a kill-protector, preventing your target from dying at the hands of the mafia. All other actions will occur though. You are town.

Cat/Duane Dibley - Rummy

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSE4XNQaE3YiplfAk6ypRWtkYrLvNCdvYZUzrphy4caAJD6XdJX7gj4Y2p4

2893789721_11a39e66ba.jpg

Evolved descendant of Listers cat “Frankenstein”, you are known solely as Cat. The cat society left Red Dwarf seeking the Promised Land, leaving behind those who were too ill or old to travel. The Cat is the son of the cripple and the idiot. The Cat's personality is thinking only of his own wellbeing, Vain and superficial. Despite all of his boasting, he has never had any genuine experience with a female.

Your role/power in this game is of an investigator. After all, what are cats good for except chasing mice?. You can investigate a target and find out their powers – You are town

(Additional: If you are targeted by the polymorph, you will transform into Duane Dibley. You will remain an investigator, but being geeky and clumsy you may not get complete information on your target).

Kryten - EEVILMURRAY

kryten.gif

Rescued from the Nova 5 many years ago, you are now the service robot on-board Red Dwarf. Programmed with all known-skills for a domestic droid, but with the ability of lying now possible due to Lister breaking that rule, you are capable of living your own independent life. But yet, you still abide by a set program of commands.

Role/Powers: Reverse Alignment investigator. Pick a target and a recipient. The recipient is given the alignment investigation result of your target but not the target name. You will be told if the information was received by the recipient – You are town

Holly – mr-paul

holly.jpg

The ships primary computer. Day to day running of the ship was boring until the crew were resurrected. You are to keep Dave Lister sane by any means necessary; this is no easy feat by the way.

Being a all-ship computer, you know where any member of the crew is. At night, you can pick a crew member and track them. You will receive information where they went and who with.

Olaf Peterson – Magnus Peterson

Petersen1.jpg

Lister’s drinking buddy. Known for being “Very good in bed”, only person to back this up is yourself. A chef, you can prepare meals for everyone on-board ship. You are well known, and well liked by many people. But as the buddy of Lister, getting drunk is a priority.

Power + Role: Target swapper, you pick 2 targets and whoever targets A will get B and visa-versa. As an added bonus, you can protect either target A or B.

Abel – Jon Dedede

Able1.jpg

Kryten’s brother, an Otrazone-addict now clean. You are similar to Kryten, except you are a lot slower at the cleaning. Being his brother, you share many traits. Namely the same shaped heads programmed on Dr Mammeds ex-husband.

Your power is as follows: You may target a player each night. You will find out who else targeted that player.

Todd Hunter - Jonnas

Todhunter1.jpg

Being in charge of filing, you follow up on incomplete projects of the deceased crew. Last assignment you had was finishing off George’s stuff, finding Rimmer filed 400 reports on Lister in 1 day. Every time someone is killed during the night, you can investigate the scene by yourself, and immediately receive a PM with information regarding the deceased.

During the day, you may quote an entire post and respond with “Indeed”. You will analyze that post for lies. Using this power will leave you too exhausted to investigate the deceased the next night, however. Furthermore, you cannot use this power two days in a row – You are town.

George McIntyre - DuD

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsaTM4pWOX6Tj4iDO0lWxx29HURYRCjTYfLkzzBGd6OlHSE0K8mVNJFhqtPQ

A lesser known member of the crew, you are the ship’s hologram. Being sustained by Holly, you cannot touch anything or hold anything. Basically there is nothing you can do except walk around. Being a hologram, you do have some perks. Namely being able to hide in items, which can be useful.

Power/Role – Investigator, as a hologram being able to hide in objects this is a perfect role for you. You can investigate your target each night, finding out what they did.

Skutters - Cube

Bob1.jpg

The ships cleaning droids, you work well with Kryten as you both have the same drive of cleaning. You can repair components of the ship and assist with healing.

You can reverse roleblock a roleblocker if you target them. You also protect players from roleblockers

Polymorph - Animal

Polymorph1.jpg

As a creature of an unknown proportion, you’re main objective in life is to camouflage your way around and suck the elements out of random targets. By doing this, you become more powerful as each day passes.

Your power is as follows. Power reflector, if you target anyone you will reflect their power back onto your target. You also have the double vote.

You’re win condition is that you must transform Rimmer or the Cat into their alter egos. This process takes 1 whole night phase to complete per person.

Legion - Moogleviper

Legion1.jpg

You remain alive as long as Lister, Cat, Kryten and Rimmer remain alive. If they are no longer alive, neither are you. So it is your job to keep them alive as your life depends on them. A creation from the top scientists of their time, old age came about quick and you were left alone. For some reason, you found your way onto the Dwarf.

Your power is as follows: You are pretty sharp. You may target a player each night. You will find out who else targeted that player.

Your win condition: You will win if one of the 4 crew above remain alive at the end of the game

Kristine Kochanski - bob

Kochanski1.jpg

The Mum/Girlfriend of Lister. A weird combination I’m sure, but it’s all good. A navigation officer by day. You return to the Dwarf after taking some time off for personal reasons, namely splitting up with Lister. You returned to extract revenge on Lister for the break-up, and what better way than to take over the ship.

Power is as follows - Your power is to alter the alignment on investigations. You can make mafia appear good, town appear evil. A neutral player will appear good on odd days or evil on even days.

Queeg 500 - Sheikah

337821.jpg

Red Dwarf back-up computer. You lie in wait, waiting to return to the scene and be the main computer. You’ve never liked Holly, his happy go larry attitude breaks all of your morals on how a computer should behave.

To begin with, you are a protector.

You will return to fulfil your role as the main computer, and all you need is for someone to delete Holly. Once you are the main computer, at night you can pick a crew member and track them. You will receive information on what they did and where they went. You control the whole ship, and can run it as the captain sees fit.

Ackerman - Dannyboy

Ackerman1.jpg

The Floor 13 officer, you hate everyone except the Captain. Being with the Captain, you intend to get back control of the Dwarf with him. Access to the prisoners allows you to use them to your advantage.

You are a roleblocker, you can use the prisoners to block a random player from reaching their target. This method can also provide you with random information on a player, of which you won't know who it is relating to.

Talkie Toaster – Nintendohnut

TalkieToaster1.jpg

Consistent begging the crew for toast, you were rebuilt after the “accident” involving a mallet and Lister. But you’ve still got the urge for cooking toast. No matter who it is.

Your power/role is as follows – Power reflector, if you target anyone you will reflect their power back onto your target. You also have the double vote

Yeah I have to say, some of the roles seems extremely awesome. Some nice mix-ups on a theme as well, like EEVIL's 'reverse alignment investigator' which was great. I think there were some quiet townie players that definitely helped us, although Danny's busy-ness was a bit of a problem for us (I don't blame him at all, cause I know what it's like!). Good game on the whole, and it really could've gone completely the other way. If we hadn't all been online in the last day phase to vote for Marcus, Sheikah was as good as dead and after that I think the town would definitely have had it. It was so close!

Aye, indeed you did. I loved hosting this game, had a lot of time to write up a story. I was debating whether or not to put Dohnut as mafia or someone else, i think i made a good choice.

And, the whole idea of Dohnut offering toast on each day phase. I put it in for my amusement, try to get people more involved in their roles and in character. I spotted Rummy doing the Cat's "owww" a few times, thought that were a nice touch.

Very well run game. Adding an extra mafia player as a double voter is a big swing for balance, but seeing where we ended up, it was probably a better fit than just the 3 person mafia, which would have had a hard time.

Some frustrating moments, but I at least feel good about my mafia detection skills. This is what happens if you slouch, town!