NEurope
Retro_Link

Kingdom Hearts/Chain of Memories HD

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/09/20/tgs-kingdom-hearts-hd-remix-coming-to-ps3

TGS: Kingdom Hearts HD Remix Coming to PS3

Kingdom Hearts and Chain of Memories in glorious HD.

During the Tokyo Game show today, Square Enix revealed that Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix is coming to PlayStation 3. The collection will include the original Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories, with trophy support for both. [update: This story originally stated that Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days would be included as well, but only cut scenes from that title remade in HD will be included in theater mode.]

The collection includes the “Final Mix” version of Kingdom Hearts and is scheduled to be released in Japan next year. For now, no European or North American release has been announced, but we’ll update if we hear any more info.

Be good to see how much of an HD upgrade these games get.

I guess the good thing about this is that it may finally bring Final Mix to the Western world and RE: Chain of Memories to Europe.

I really can't stand Chain of Memories, though.

Can they remake it without the Final Fantasy characters?

Same question but reversed; without the Disney.

Finally anyone who didn't play 358/2 Days can suffer through watching people eat sea-salt ice cream for the hundredth time.

I kind of wish they'd tinker a bit with the first game and make it easier. Some of the bosses in that game are just no fun at all with the game's very limited healing system and somewhat awkward controls.

Same question but reversed; without the Disney.

Can they remake it without the Final Fantasy characters?

WHY WOULD YOU WANT THIS? ARE YOU MAD?! I thought the mixture is awesome. I love all of the Kingdom Hearts games (I still don't have the DS ones but I plan on buying it very soon!) and I think they're near perfect.

I've never heard such craziness! :p

The game is immune to real tragedy and hardship with Disney though. Goofy and Donald are never going to die/get in real danger, for instance. I never felt that Final Fantasy blended well with Disney and the cooler/more developed characters were usually Organisation XIII or the main cast (bar Donald/Goofy).

The game is immune to real tragedy and hardship with Disney though. Goofy and Donald are never going to die/get in real danger, for instance. I never felt that Final Fantasy blended well with Disney and the cooler/more developed characters were usually Organisation XIII or the main cast (bar Donald/Goofy).

I see what you're saying but I do think they added to the story though and whenever they were in some of the worlds, I thought they were good for comic relief and stuff but I think you're right. They never were in any real danger of getting hurt though. I personally loved both games the way they were. It's imaginative, magical, visually beautiful and overall, a great joy to play.

Will this game explain to me how many sora's there are in the series? You know, I love those 'deep and mean*Yawn*ingful stories' that Square love to make for more than 15 years, but I've lost count now, and how many keyblades are there now? I thought they were rare, but I see everyone and their cats getting one. *Shrugs*

Tell me something.

Is it the first Kingdom Hearts, you know, the PS2 one?

And what are the other two games?

And will there be another collection with Kingdom Hearts 2?

And should I play Kingdom Hearts?

And?

Tell me something.

Is it the first Kingdom Hearts, you know, the PS2 one?

And what are the other two games?

And will there be another collection with Kingdom Hearts 2?

And should I play Kingdom Hearts?

And?

Its the first game but the Final Mix version that never got released over here. Think of it as the directors cut.

The next game in the package is Chain of Memories. This was originally a GBA game but then it was remade into a PS2 game. Again, this was never released in Europe.

The last thing in the package is all the cutscenes from 358/2 Days. This was originally a DS game. All the cutscenes add up to about 3 hours of viewing and explain the origins of various characters.

Nomura has hinted that there will be another HD collection before KH3 hits the PS4/XBone.

I would say definetly play it but others would probably disagree. :)

The first game keeps everything simple in terms of the story. It's not until KH2 hits, that's when things can get a little confusing.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Aw, shit. So another game I will have to buy this month...GTA V being the other one.

I'll probably get this but with GTA V and the PS4 on the way I expect it might not be until next year.

Anyone else picking this up this week? Anyone? No? @Tales ?

Already pre ordered :D

Doubt I will platinum them though, they are a bit insane.

Already pre ordered :D

Doubt I will platinum them though, they are bit insane.

Yeah, you gotta finish CoM 6 times!