Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii U eShop Thread

are1981

5th of May Wii U eShop releases; anything much?

Wii U eShop

Sweetest Thing (Joindots, €6.99/ £5.49)

REPTILIAN REBELLION (Herrero, €1.99 / £1.79)

PENTAPUZZLE (RCMADIAX, €4.49 / £4.09)

Wii U DLC

LEGO Marvel’s Avengers – Classic Black Panther Pack (WB Games, €2.99/ £2.50)

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts

Gravity Badgers (Wales Interactive, €2.49 / £2.49 until 2nd June, regular price €4.99 / £4.99)

Word Party (Lightwood Games, €7.99 / £7.49 until 12th May, regular price €15.99 / £14.99)

99Moves (EnjoyUp Games, €1.49 / £1.34 until 2nd June, regular price €2.49 / £2.29)

Abyss (EnjoyUp Games, €1.49 / £1.34 until 2nd June, regular price €1.99 / £1.79)

Rock ‘N Racing Off Road DX (EnjoyUp Games, €4.95 / £4.45 until 2nd June, regular price €7.99 / £7.19)

ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimensions! (ZeNfA Productions, €1.49 / £1.14 until 19th May, regular price €2.99 / £2.29)

SUPER ROBO MOUSE (RCMADIAX, €3.00 / £2.70 until 2nd June, regular price €4.49 / £4.09)

TABLETOP GALLERY (RCMADIAX, €2.00 / £1.80 until 2nd June, regular price €2.99 / £2.69)

BLOK DROP U (RCMADIAX, €1.00 / £0.85 until 2nd June, regular price €1.49 / £1.29)

BLOK DROP X TWISTED FUSION (RCMADIAX, €2.00 / £1.80 until 2nd June, regular price €2.99 / £2.69)

Island Flight Simulator (Joindots, €7.19 / £5.39 until 19th May, regular price €7.99 / £5.99)

Wii U eShop Permanent Discount

Canvaleon (OXiAB Game Studio, €6.95 / £6.29, previously €9.95/ £8.99)

No, not really. I played Block Drop U, and while it is cheap there are only 30 small levels. I think I put in 25 minutes and 100% completed it.

So not even Canvaleon? Ah.... Really bad week. Thx for the info :).

So not even Canvaleon? Ah.... Really bad week. Thx for the info :).

No definitely not that game. I reviewed Rock n' Racing OffRoad (not DX) and whilst good, does lack game modes. It's a bit of a nostalgic blast with a few old mates, but a bore if you're a lone player.

In summary,

So, we come down to question of whether this visually delightful entertaining game is worth a purchase or not. If you are solely in the realms of single player local play, definitely not. But, if you can muster up a party night with a few friends then this might pass an hour of jolly frivolity, especially if you’re an age that has nostalgic leanings to its better predecessors.

I gave it a 3/5 stars, but add an extra half star if you've a lot of company. I'm sure the original priced cheaper than the DX version's sale price not so long back in another similar sale.

BTW, for those wondering...

Expected, but still disappointing. Sadly Super Meat Boy on Wii U uses the new soundtrack and not the original one (for those wondering, there was some sort of fall out between Team Meat and the original composer after the game was released originally, meaning that they replaced the soundtrack entirely when they re-released the game on Sony platforms and now here as well).

Looks like a good port otherwise, but man... the new music sucks so much :(

BTW, for those wondering...

Expected, but still disappointing. Sadly Super Meat Boy on Wii U uses the new soundtrack and not the original one (for those wondering, there was some sort of fall out between Team Meat and the original composer after the game was released originally, meaning that they replaced the soundtrack entirely when they re-released the game on Sony platforms and now here as well).

Looks like a good port otherwise, but man... the new music sucks so much :(

Wow, that's awful. :(

I'll only ever play the original release now that I know this, the new music is terrible in comparison. :sad:

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Super Meat Boy (BlitWorks) - €14.00/£13.00 (€11.20/£10.40 until May 26)

Super Meat Boy is a tough as nails platformer where you play as an animated cube of meat who's trying to save his girlfriend (who happens to be made of bandages) from an evil fetus in a jar wearing a tux. Our meaty hero will leap from walls, over seas of buzz saws, through crumbling caves, and pools of old needles. Sacrificing his own well-being to save his damsel in distress. Super Meat Boy brings the old school difficulty of classic titles and stream lines them down to the essential straightforward twitch-reflex platforming. Ramping up in difficulty from hard to soul crushing SMB will drag Meat boy though haunted hospitals, salt factories and even hell itself. And if 300+ single player levels weren't enough SMB also throws in epic boss fights, tons of unlockable secrets, warp zones and hidden characters.

Pixel Slime U (RCMADIAX) - €2.99/£2.69

PIXEL SLIME U is a unique platformer that challenges you to get the LOWEST score possible. Jump, twist, and glide your way through 40 challenging levels while trying to avoid death. This game will keep you coming back while you compete with others on Miiverse to have the LOWEST score.

Color Symphony 2 (Remimory) - €9.99/£7.99

A man returns to his world to reclaim all he has lost without knowing that everything has changed since he left... Color Symphony 2 is a puzzle action platformer that utilizes the ambiguity of colour. Try to eliminate obstacles or find new paths by using colour! This simple rule allows you to solve various problems.

Mario Strikers Charged Football (Nintendo, Wii DL) - €19.99/£17.99

In this follow-up to Mario Smash Football, you use the skill provided by the Wii Remote and Nunchuk Controller to win the ball, score unstoppable goals and take control of the goalkeeper to perform spectacular saves. Mario is joined by other famous Nintendo characters who take on the role of captain. Then select a host of popular team-mates to make up the rest of the team, before competing in one of the game's many modes.

LEGO MARVEL'S Avengers: All-New, All-Different Doctor Strange Pack (WB Games, Add-on Content available May 10) - €2.99/£2.50

Avengers Assemble! The best-selling LEGO Marvel videogame franchise returns with a new action-packed, Super Hero adventure. Join the LEGO Marvel’s Avengers team and experience the first console videogame featuring characters and storylines from the critically-acclaimed film Marvel’s The Avengers, the blockbuster sequel Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron, and more. Play as the most powerful Super Heroes in their quest to save the world.

Special offers

Word Search by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €5.99/£4.49 (Ends May 19, normally €7.99/£5.99)

DuckTales: Remastered (CAPCOM) - €5.99/£4.79 (Ends May 26, normally €14.99/£11.99)

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (CAPCOM) - €4.94/£3.95 (Ends May 26, normally €14.99/£11.99)

STEEL RIVALS (nuGAME) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends May 19, normally €6.99/£5.99)

Resident Evil Revelations (CAPCOM) - €9.99/£7.99 (Ends May 26, normally €49.99/£39.99)

Super Meat Boy is a must have if you've never played it before! It's an incredible game (with or without the original soundtrack!)

Mario Strikers: Charged Football was great fun but I haven't really touched it since the Wii servers went down :sad:

I take it the online will be still be disabled on this version?

Yup, aside from significantly faster loading times, there is no difference between the physical and digital versions of Wii games; so no online play sadly.

Yup, aside from significantly faster loading times, there is no difference between the physical and digital versions of Wii games; so no online play sadly.

I was desperate for a new Mario Strikers on Wii U to help scratch that football itch and also to provide some brilliant online mayhem. I'd be delighted for it to come out as a 'filler' title for 2016 :grin:

I was desperate for a new Mario Strikers on Wii U to help scratch that football itch and also to provide some brilliant online mayhem. I'd be delighted for it to come out as a 'filler' title for 2016 :grin:

The Wii U Gamepad would've been great for the Megastrikes, playing as the goalie!

Ahh well. Maybe when NLG finishes Metroid Prime FF, maybe we can see a new Strikers game for the NX.

"It's mostly music," McMillen told Kotaku this evening. "We got it close to 40 (MB), but we only have five music tracks, one retro and one boss, and no cutscene music. ... The cut scenes might as well not be there, and if you beat the game, I'm sure you know the final cutscene needs a musical score, to have any impact at all."

McMillen said Team Meat "blindly assumed we could submit a bit higher. ... We assumed we might get a 5 to 10 megabyte addition." He noted that the discussions with Nintendo were not adversarial. "We loved working with them," he said. So they're pursuing leads on publishing a retail disc, but the prospects are not good.

"So far, the three biggest [publishers contacted by Team Meat] say there's no money in third-party retail (on the Wii)," McMillen told Kotaku, "but we are still asking."

Despite the difficulty, McMillen said he and Refenes remain committed to the platform. "I will tell you, we will do a game on a Nintendo platform," McMillen told Kotaku. "That's for sure."

That's from 2010. They stuck to their word!

Retail Deals in the Works!

We’ve received a ton of requests for physical versions of Shantae. Thing is, WayForward is a game developer and a digital publisher – but not an authorized retail publisher. In order to make physical copies of our games for stores, or distribute games in certain countries, console manufacturers require us to work with an authorized publishing partner. You’ve seen us do this before; Square Enix published LIT for WiiWare in Japan, Capcom distributed the original Shantae cartridge in the US, and more recently Intergrow released the boxed version of Pirate’s Curse in Japan for Nintendo 3DS.

Due to the success of Half-Genie Hero's Kickstarter campaign - and the positive support from fans and press - we’ve been able to enter into discussions with top tier publishers to do the same for Half-Genie Hero.

Nice! I'll be all over a retail version of the game.

19th May 2016 eShop for tyhe Wii U release schedule;

Wii U eShop

PixelJunk Monsters HD (Double Eleven, €8.99 / £6.99)

Wii U DLC

Minecraft: Wii U Edition – The Super Mario Mash-Up Pack (Microsoft, free) – Available from Wednesday 18th of May.

LEGO MARVEL’S Avengers: Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Pack (WB Games, €2.99 / £2.50)

Joe’s Diner (Joindots, €6.35 / £4.79 until 2nd June, regular price €7.99 / £5.99)

Suspension Railroad Simulator (Joindots, €7.19 / £5.39 until 2nd June, regular price €7.99 / £5.99)

Defense Dome (HullBreach Studios, €2.00 / £1.53 until 2nd June, regular price €2.99 / £2.29)

SDK Paint (HullBreach Studios, €3.29 / £2.99 until 2nd June, regular price €4.49 / £3.99)

• 2 weeks later...

2nd of June WiiU eShop downloads;

Wii U eShop

Kick & Fennick (Abstraction Games, €10.49 / £9.44 until until 16th June, then €14.99 / £13.49)

Art Of Balance (Shin’en Multimedia, €6.70 / £5.36 until 23rd June, regular price €8.99 / £7.15)

Rock ‘N Racing Off Road DX (EnjoyUp Games, €2.99 / £2.69 until 30th June, regular price €5.99 / £5.39)

99Seconds (EnjoyUp Games, €1.49 / £1.34 until 30th June, regular price €2.49 / £2.29)

Darts Up (EnjoyUp Games, €1.49 / £1.34 until 30th June, regular price €2.49 / £2.29)

Jones on Fire (Joindots, €2.99 / £2.29 until 16th June, regular price €5.99 / £4.59)

Queen’s Garden (Joindots, €5.59 / £4.39 until 16th June, regular price €6.99 / £5.49)

Epic Dumpster Bear (Log Games, €4.49 / £3.49 until 30th June, regular price €6.49 / £4.99)

Puzzle Monkeys (Log Games, €1.49 / £1.49 until 30th June, regular price €2.99 / £2.99)

Thursday 9th of June Wii U eShop release list;

Wii U eShop

B3 Game Expo for Bees (Createasaurus, €7.99 / £7.99)

Sanatory Hallways (Wegenbartho, €9.99 / £8.99)

Wii U Retail Downloads

Terraria (505 Games, €19.99 / £17.99)

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (Nordic Games, €19.99 / £17.99) – Available from Tuesday 7th of June.

Wii U Virtual Console

Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia (Nintendo, DS VC, €6.99 / £6.29)

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs (Nintendo, DS VC, €6.99 / £6.29)

FreezeME (RNC, €9.99 / £8.99 until 23rd June, regular price €13.99 / £12.59)

Trine Enchanted Edition (Frozenbyte, €6.49 / £5.49 until 23rd June, regular price €12.99 / £10.99)

Word Puzzles by POWGI (Lightwood Games, €6.99 / £6.29 until 16th June, regular price €8.99 / £7.99)

Life of Pixel (Super Icon, €4.99 / £4.49 until 7th July, regular price €9.99 / £8.99)

Job the Leprechaun (Herrero, €1.99 / £1.99 until 7th July, regular price €2.99 / £2.69)

The Rivers of Alice: Extended Version (Delirium Studios, €5.99 / £5.39 until 16th June, regular price €7.99 / £7.19)