NEurope
Retro_Link

Bayonetta 2

I LOVE MY LOCAL INDEPENDANT GAME SHOP!

Guess how much I paid for the double pack? No, don't. You won't get it.

30 QUID!

Screw getting the games early! I like getting the games cheap!

I'm outie 5000!

That's a sweet bargain. No wonder it's survived so long and outlasted 2 GAME stores. Were there many copies and is it selling well there do you know?

But would you be missing out on anything, other than a unique control method, if you used a Pro Controller for Bayo 2?

I'm replaying 1 first and thinking of grabbing the Pro pad.

That's the only thing I was concerned about, but it's probably like most other WiiU games and doesn't use the screen for anything. Unless of course you want off-tv play, which I don't care about any more.

I'd go for the Pro controller if I were you. It's not great, but it's better than using that clunky mess of a GamePad for gaming.

@Glen\-i, what's the name of that store? Insane deal.

That's a sweet bargain. No wonder it's survived so long and outlasted 2 GAME stores. Were there many copies and is it selling well there do you know?

I was there earlier on myself, I dunno how many copies they had around the back but they only had 1 copy of the Special Edition out on display...

That's the only thing I was concerned about, but it's probably like most other WiiU games and doesn't use the screen for anything. Unless of course you want off-tv play, which I don't care about any more.

I'd go for the Pro controller if I were you. It's not great, but it's better than using that clunky mess of a GamePad for gaming.

@Glen\-i, what's the name of that store? Insane deal.

It's called N1 Games. It's up the Angel in Chapel Market.

Great little store, lots of nice memories there. Me and Glen always joked about how we thought it would always outlast the HMV and the GAME stores there. Fast forward a few years and look who's still going strong! :awesome:

Gotta love the dialogue in this:

VktuFIH.jpg

:laughing:

And getting Pure Platinum medals is still as satisfying as ever:

EoWfOS0.jpg

Well, as satisfying as a useless reward in a video game can be, that is. ;)

Only a few hours in, and have already defeated more giant bosses than most games include in their entirety. :heh:

Platinum Games truly are the kings of the action genre. :bowdown:

I'd go for the Pro controller if I were you. It's not great, but it's better than using that clunky mess of a GamePad for gaming..

I thought about it but it's £35 everywhere and even Amazon Prime couldn't get it me tomorrow. By Monday I'll probably have finished it :p

BAYONETTA 2 OUT IN STORES!

Hi everyone, this is Bayonetta 2’s director, Yusuke Hashimoto.

It’s been five long years… finally Bayonetta 2 is finally out in North America and Europe! I guess some of you might be playing it right now!

bayo2_ss_140603_008.jpg?w=1000&h=562

I’ve been overjoyed to receive so many messages from all of you on my twitter (PG_y_hashimoto). Thanks so much. During production, those messages helped me out a lot, and now, I’m just thinking… I can’t believe it’s finally on sale. This will be the first title I’ve worked on that will hit the stores in five years.

I remember writing “See you next stage!” in the staff comments for The Eyes of Bayonetta, the art book for the original game. Back then I just meant for it to pertain to whatever next game I worked on. I never dreamed it would come to mean me directing the sequel to Bayonetta.

A lot has happened in five years. Going from producer to director, moving to a new console… there was a lot of trial and error involved in moving forward, but I think we were able to give so much to the final product because we always believed, we want as many people as possible to enjoy Bayonetta 2.

This time around, we’re really blown away with all the opportunities we’ve had. We were able to add Japanese audio, so many collaboration costumes with Nintendo, and even a port of Kamiya’s original classic to the package… honestly, a deal like this feels too good to be true.

I hope you all enjoy Bayonetta 2.

See you on my next PlatinumGames’ project!

http://platinumgames.com/2014/10/24/bayonetta2outinstores/

Is that last sentence a hint that they'll be working on another game for Nintendo? I hope so.

Edited by Wii

Try holding the taunt button (down on the D-Pad) for a few seconds: ;)

:laughing:

LOL. Classic Kamiya. :bowdown:

This arrived today, but tempted to not start for a while - still got so much to do on Hyrule Warriors and Smash!

Who cares about a bit of a drought when Nintendo games have SO MUCH DEPTH!

The plastic outer shell for the first press edition doesn't close properly at the top. It keeps flapping open. Whyyyy.

Playing the first one, the enemies sure do take large chunks of health. I was just trying to do something, and for some reason the dodging wasn't protecting me (I must have been doing it at the wrong time) and as soon as the enemy hit me, they managed to get successive hits which just managed to halve my health. Somewhat annoying considering health replenishment is at a minimal

Got an e-mail from Nintendo:

ImageProxy.mvc?bicild=&canary=d1nx6zF4J%2fH71JQWLLl0i%2bLDIn3zMNNVRe9KYtCFs8Y%3d0&url=http%3a%2f%2ff.e.store.nintendo.co.uk%2fi%2f37%2f2094105615%2f1180x800-n-wk43-ch-bayonetta-2-v2-3.jpg

11033883-1414082937-904731.jpg

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u-hardware/wii-u-bayonetta-1-2-first-print-edition-action-pack-t-shirt-extra-large/11033883.html

For £300 you get the Mario Kart 8 Wii U Premium Pack, Bayonetta 2 1 + 2 First Print Edition, a Wii U Pro Controller and a Mario Kart 8 Exclusive T-Shirt. Is that a good deal? Considering GAME charge £240 for the Mario Kart 8 Wii U Premium Pack it seems decent.

Edited by Wii

I just checked Ebay to see how much the First Print Edition is going for or has sold for. There's people paying £120 and as much as £150 for it. It hasn't sold for under £100. What's wrong with these people?

Playing through the first one.

How the heck is one supposed to beat consecutive pairs of Grace & Glory. Can barely beat one pair without dying.

EDIT: Never mind, I did it eventually. Platinum game is Platinum game...

Edited by D_prOdigy

Playing through the first one.

How the heck is one supposed to beat consecutive pairs of Grace & Glory. Can barely beat one pair without dying.

My tactic on that was to lower the difficulty level :p

On Bayonetta 1, I just bought an accessory that activates witch time if I am hit. That is actually really handy.

Wii U - Bayonetta 2 All-Ages Accolades Trailer

This is the kind of ad that should be on TV. Speaking of which has anybody seen any ads on TV for this game? Is there to be no TV ad campaign whatsoever?

So is anyone else actually playing 2 right now? :hmm:@Dcubed, I'm amazed you've got the resolve to play through the first game again, considering you already played it (and no doubt countless times) before! :o

Hurry up and get stuck into Bayo 2! :bouncy: It'll blow your mind! ;)

Plus, I'm gonna need a co-op partner for Tag Climax Mode. :heh:

Still waiting for the 2 weeks it takes for them to deliver out here! Hnngg, can't wait much longer. BTW Base shipped it on Wednesday, so there's the outside chance it'll arrive next Friday, but more likely the following Tuesday. Bayonetta 1 for me first.

So is anyone else actually playing 2 right now? :hmm:@Dcubed, I'm amazed you've got the resolve to play through the first game again, considering you already played it (and no doubt countless times) before! :o

Mine didn't arrive until this morning so I've not played much of it yet.

Like I said before, I've been itching to do a replay of Bayo 1 for a while. I was just waiting for the Wii U version :)

I can't see how Bayo 2 could possibly top the first one, but I'm eager to find out! :hehe:

Is it just me, or is this pretty difficult and unforgiving in normal mode?

Now I'm pretty good at games and got through Ninja Gaiden 3 with few problems. This though, getting the Witch Time right, doing the combos - it's pretty tough.

I dropped the difficulty down to Easy, and although that makes the game insanely fun - it takes away almost any challenge and the game just plays itself! What's more, you can't unlock the secret areas in Easy, which is pants. Or at least you have to have beaten them in Normal first.

Still, tough game.

Playing through the first game and LOVING IT :D

Was messing around with the alt costumes, only just found out they were available, thought you had to unlock them.

Love the way the Peach and Link ones change the Halo items and the Peach costume has a different Wicked Weave...shame the Link one still has the normal Wicked Weave though using the Master Sword is always awesome :D

Playing on Normal and it is getting more challenging as it goes, first few levels I got Gold and Silver awards by levels end, but then started getting a few stone and bronze on some now :(

Last level I did was the Colosieum boss fight. Really enjoyed that, can't wait to get some more play time.

Funny story when I picked up the game in store too.

There was a new guy on till so he didn't know me like all the other staff do. He was the only one there....well there was another in the back on his break, he does know me.

I go up and say "I'm hear to pick up the pre-order I have for Bayonetta"

He says OK, goes into the back and see him come out with the double pack, then starts looking in the drawers behind the counter, I think maybe the box is empty and he's looking for the actual game boxes.

Then he starts looking on the display shelves for something before going back into the backroom to ask the other staffer in there. The other guy comes out sees me then looks at the first guy and is like, yeah the special edition is what he's (me) after with the two games, the one I gave you, I had put it aside for him.... for some reason the first guy must have thought I was only looking for Bayo1 I guess? :heh:

Just under 11 hours on the clock, and the credits have rolled on Bayonetta 2:

4V8zqFZ.jpg

It's basically more of everything that made the original so amazing, but even slicker. :awesome: I will say this though, I much prefer the final boss from the original game. :hmm: The final battle in Bayo 2 isn't quite as epic. Still very enjoyable though, and the game chucks out more than enough chaos before then anyway. :)

Here's my play history/ranking:

41Dklqg.jpg

Played on 2nd Climax difficulty (Normal, aka Hard :heh:) and got 1 stone and 3 bronze. Not enough gold though, and no platinum/pure platinum overall medals either... Lot's of work to do, but not too bad for a first playthrough I suppose. :hehe:

Looking forward to improving those results and taking on the higher difficulties. :D

Will probably blast through the story again on 1st Climax, and play some online Tag Climax Mode to save up Halos now... some of the purchases from The Gates of Hell be seriously expensive!