NEurope
Retro_Link

Bayonetta 2

But what's the meaning behind that? You don't see a stamp you haven't seen before and instantly know what they achieved. Kind of random if you happen to spot it on Miiverse too, no? Not really an achievement system.

But what's the meaning behind that? You don't see a stamp you haven't seen before and instantly know what they achieved. Kind of random if you happen to spot it on Miiverse too, no? Not really an achievement system.

It IS an achievement system, and that's a fact. Just because it's different to one to which you're familiar on another format does not mean it is not an achievement system.

But, this is a discussion for another topic.

Out of curiosity, which games actually support this sticker achievement system? I've got a fair few WiiU games and I'd say that the vast majority in my collection don't have any connection to this. How do you even access these stickers so you can see what you've got? Genuine questions because I thought this was just something that only 3D World supported, I didn't realise it was actually THE achievement system for the WiiU.

In fact, I'm going to copy this into a new thread!

That's how out of touch Nintendo are. When was stamp collecting ever cool?

Wouldn't say miserable, just prefer to be rewarded for my hard work with stuff that's actually useful.

Even getting the "stickers" in Mario Kart 8, it was just "... Wow, thanks?"

What the hell do you want? Money to materialise from the Wii U disk slot?! :hehe:

Out of curiosity, which games actually support this sticker achievement system? I've got a fair few WiiU games and I'd say that the vast majority in my collection don't have any connection to this. How do you even access these stickers so you can see what you've got? Genuine questions because I thought this was just something that only 3D World supported, I didn't realise it was actually THE achievement system for the WiiU.

In fact, I'm going to copy this into a new thread!

SM3DW and MK8 are the only 2 I can think of and now Bayonetta 2 of course.

It IS an achievement system, and that's a fact. Just because it's different to one to which you're familiar on another format does not mean it is not an achievement system.

But, this is a discussion for another topic.

So is this another tickbox for you, then? Nintendo: achievement system obtained (ticks box). Along with 'has an account system' because there are accounts (despite them being darn awful).

Stamps are Nintendo's form of achievements, to show off you have accomplished something in the game.

That's why it's "yay"

Well it's not a very good one, if you don't know how people achieved their stamps!

What the hell do you want? Money to materialise from the Wii U disk slot?! :hehe:

If they're not going to reward you with something rewarding, then they might as well not bother.

So is this another tickbox for you, then? Nintendo: achievement system obtained (ticks box). Along with 'has an account system' because there are accounts (despite them being darn awful).

Well it's not a very good one, if you don't know how people achieved their stamps!

No. I'm saying it is one because it is one. I'm not saying there's a checklist, I just take issue when people say there is no system, or there are no accounts. What you mean to say is you don't like the system. That doesn't mean there isn't one, it just means you're narrow-minded and believe your one view is ultimate and should be binding and thus you state mistruths as fact.

If they're not going to reward you with something rewarding, then they might as well not bother.

Better we get something cool that can be used on Miiverse than an arbitrary number value that exists on another platform, or just a gold/bronze/platinum trophy from the other. What do they give you?

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

No. I'm saying it is one because it is one. I'm not saying there's a checklist, I just take issue when people say there is no system, or there are no accounts.

The reason you take issue is because you treat language too literally, like a robot. I don't know whether this is because you genuinely have social comprehension issues, or that you do it because it's very easy to win the most minor arguments if you take everything at face value. It wasn't so long ago that you also claimed that I should write 'in my opinion' before things that I was saying that were obviously opinion to begin with. Case in point, here you identify that the stamp is a reward, or achievement, thus take this to mean an achievement system is in place. Not everyone considers this thing to be an achievement system. A lot would argue that the achievement system is the kind of thing that many other platforms have adopted already.

When people are saying that they need a proper account system, they have been criticising how poor they were since downloads aren't retrievable under many circumstances (ie. not properly linked to your account, or not downloadable on a friend's machine if you're round at his house). I know you've got annoyed when people have said they don't have 'proper' accounts, but who are you to dismiss the criteria by which people judge the accounts to be proper?

Edited by Sheikah

The reason you take issue is because you treat language too literally, like a robot. I don't know whether this is because you genuinely have social comprehension issues, or that you do it because it's very easy to win the most minor arguments if you take everything at face value. It wasn't so long ago that you also claimed that I should write 'in my opinion' before things that I was saying that were obviously opinion to begin with.

When people are saying that they need a proper account system, they have been criticising how poor they were since downloads aren't retrievable under many circumstances (ie. not properly linked to your account, or not downloadable on a friend's machine if you're round at his house). I know you've got annoyed when people have said they don't have 'proper' accounts, but who are you to dismiss the criteria by which people judge the accounts to be proper?

I don't take issue to people saying about needing a "proper" account system. I take issue with those who say it needs an account system and that games need to be tied to the account, because both of those are true.

Now, can you stop crapping up this thread and talk about the awesomeness that is this game?

Better we get something cool that can be used on Miiverse than an arbitrary number value that exists on another platform, or just a gold/bronze/platinum trophy from the other. What do they give you?

If you deem a useless sticker "cool", then fine. But to be fair I think it's a crock of shit. I don't use Miiverse and even if I did and I saw someone had an Iggy sticker from Mario Kart my response would be "Giant who cares."

It doesn't matter if it's different than an achievement "system" you see on other consoles. I do like how some of them are "rewarded" for quirky things on Tales of Xillia etc. What I don't agree with is, is that people try to accumulate as much as possible for some sort of validation, buying crappy games like Bratz to get the achievements from them.

A small popup is all I need. If anything.

It wasn't so long ago that you also claimed that I should write 'in my opinion' before things that I was saying that were obviously opinion to begin with.

Anyone get memories of The Good Wife upon this?

Now, can you stop crapping up this thread and talk about the awesomeness that is this game?

Soon my friend, soon. Flink should be ripping this thread any time now... I think he said.

I don't take issue to people saying about needing a "proper" account system. I take issue with those who say it needs an account system and that games need to be tied to the account, because both of those are true.

Again, let's try and remove the robot visor while we interpret what those people might actually be saying, regardless of what the literal meaning of their post might be.

When people claim that the Wii U needs an account system, do you genuinely, hand on heart believe that those people think there is no account whatsoever on the system? Do you think those people believe Wii U owners enter the Nintendo Store and buy games without having logged into any sort of account? That you can play online on Nintendo consoles with no account at all? That online gaming can even take place without any sort of account, no matter how primitive?

Or do you think they are using hyperbole to stress how little they think of Nintendo's account system?

One thing that Nintendo have got right with the stickers is that they're more interesting than a trophy or achievement notification. I couldn't care less for trophies or achievements, I never have, but I like the idea of the stickers, because having a Mario sticker is better than having a trophy, whether someone knows how I got it or not.

Agree with Kav, I love these stamps, (though DO think they should be stickers as mentioned in the other thread), they have personality and USE in miiverse (which is also amazing), they do need to be better integrated though. Like a stack of sticker albums on your profile of all your games. Imagine the design they could put into the sticker albums too!!

As for seeing other peoples, well I actually think seeing them on Miiverse IS WAY BETTER than trophies achievements, which I have NEVER EVER looked at someone else, but so many times have I seen stamps on miiverse and though they looked great or can't wait ti I unlock that one etc, it's used as a form of expression and creativity and that is always a good thing.

Saying that, why not have the ability to have a look at other peoples "sticker albums", best of everything. Next console ninty, sort it!

Yay, Sheikah/Serebii arguments are back :p

It's not really an achievement system. It's a reward system. Achieve something and you can use the stamp on Miiverse. Whereas on Xbox/Playstation you aren't rewarded with anything, it just adds to the list of what have achieved. Which system you prefer is purely down to personal taste. I quite like achievements popping up for personal satisfaction but I hardly ever look at the list/compare with others. For those who post a lot on Miiverse, it's quite cool for them to be able to add something extra to their posts by achieving stuff in game.

The stamps remind me of those you could print out on Super Mario Bros. DX on the Game Boy with the Game Boy Printer :D

Soon my friend, soon. Flink should be ripping this thread any time now... I think he said.

I forgot which board we were on and realised I don't actually mod this one, so I cannae move the posts. Aw well.

The thread is up and active anyway, so we can just keep this for the Bayonetta talk. :D

Important question: Can you solely use the Pro Controller for Bayonetta 1 and 2 or do you HAVE to use the GamePad?

I forgot which board we were on and realised I don't actually mod this one, so I cannae move the posts. Aw well.

The thread is up and active anyway, so we can just keep this for the Bayonetta talk. :D

Important question: Can you solely use the Pro Controller for Bayonetta 1 and 2 or do you HAVE to use the GamePad?

You can use the Pro Controller. I used it on all levels after the first, except when I wanted to play off-screen :)

But would you be missing out on anything, other than a unique control method, if you used a Pro Controller for Bayo 2?

I'm replaying 1 first and thinking of grabbing the Pro pad.

I just checked the status of my order, it's the 24th so it should ship today. No more excuses, right? "Back Order". You've got to be f*cking kidding me. I ordered it well over a month ago if not 2 months ago.

smash-computer-mad-at-the-internet-buffering-loading-video.gif

I just checked the status of my order, it's the 24th so it should ship today. No more excuses, right? "Back Order". You've got to be f*cking kidding me. I ordered it well over a month ago if not 2 months ago.

smash-computer-mad-at-the-internet-buffering-loading-video.gif

Karma (Sanskrit: कर्म; IPA: [ˈkarmə] ( listen); Pali: kamma) means action, work or deed;[1] it also refers to the principle of causality where intent and actions of an individual influence the future of that individual.[2] Good intent and good deed contribute to good karma and future happiness, while bad intent and bad deed contribute to bad karma and future suffering.

Can you remember when you ran around to every Argos in Ireland to buy up all those Xenoblade Chronicles? This is the universe's way of paying you back!

On a brighter note:

I started Bayonetta last night (as mine arrived a day early :)) and I really like it. My observations are:

- very polished combat system

- easy to pick up and mash through

- hard to master

- Witch time makes you focus and feels great when you pull it off

- very stylish

- awesome world and great inventive character designs

- runs smoothly and feels fluid

Also, I don't get the complaints about the character, the plot of the 'sexy tone'. Not every game is like that and I feel it's all quite unique, tongue in cheek and funny. Anyone taking it too seriously is missing the point!

Can you remember when you ran around to every Argos in Ireland to buy up all those Xenoblade Chronicles? This is the universe's way of paying you back!

On a brighter note:

I started Bayonetta last night (as mine arrived a day early :)) and I really like it. My observations are:

- very polished combat system

- easy to pick up and mash through

- hard to master

- Witch time makes you focus and feels great when you pull it off

- very stylish

- awesome world and great inventive character designs

- runs smoothly and feels fluid

Also, I don't get the complaints about the character, the plot of the 'sexy tone'. Not every game is like that and I feel it's all quite unique, tongue in cheek and funny. Anyone taking it too seriously is missing the point!

Horsesh1t! Karma me b0ll0x! Then you're owed a truckload of it. It's called crappy customer service. And that's rubbish about running around every Argos in Ireland for Xenoblade. I bought 4(wowser) copies, 2 copies from 2 shops. Every Argos indeed. Pffftt! I still have them all as well. :heh:

Horsesh1t! Karma me b0ll0x! Then you're owed a truckload of it. It's called crappy customer service. And that's rubbish about running around every Argos in Ireland for Xenoblade. I bought 4(wowser) copies, 2 copies from 2 shops. Every Argos indeed. Pffftt! I still have them all as well. :heh:

Well as I'm busy playing through Bayonetta, you can enjoy looking at your Xenoblade collection! AHAHAHAHA

Well as I'm busy playing through Bayonetta, you can enjoy looking at your Xenoblade collection! AHAHAHAHA

I'm playing Resident Evil Revelations at the minute so I'm good. Thanks for your concern though.

I LOVE MY LOCAL INDEPENDANT GAME SHOP!

Guess how much I paid for the double pack? No, don't. You won't get it.

30 QUID!

Screw getting the games early! I like getting the games cheap!

I'm outie 5000!