Xpert 11 Season 24: Hours a day

Haden

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='The Peeps;1491577

****Battlestar Odwinica 3-1 Winston Gardens FC****

Is Dan-Likes-Trees back? Because Winston Gardens lose their second game in a row after a long run of being undefeated! Neither team were able to make any chances in the first half' date=' perhaps due to a card-happy referee issuing bookings left and right. The first goal came in the 61st minute and was scored by Isak Millberg of Battlestar Odwinica. A freekick in the 72nd minute put Odwinica further into the lead as it was easily scored by Fritjof Tygesen. In the 86th minute, Bradley Thomas attempted a comeback for Winston Gardens by scoring from a header after a cross but another freekick in the 89th minute sealed Gardens’ fate as it was once again scored with ease by Fritjof Tygesen.

[/quote']

How dare you. I will crush you when we next play. Back in charge of the squad beginning of October (though I'm now staying in India until mid-november, albeit with more access to internet in the next couple months)

Arsenal get away with it, why can't I? ;)

I think I'm the ultimate Arsenal.... Haven't won a trophy since season 3!

Although I did leave my team for a few seasons and when I came back it had been decimated. I built it back up and came 2nd one season in my big push for the title. After that it was rebuilding, and then a new team.

I have high hopes for this new team. All my young players are very good with a good mix of experience. A couple more seasons and I'll be mid-table Top League. A few more after that I'll be pushing for the title again.

Hehe, earned a nice little bonus this morning.

Whilst workmen were digging a massive hole for a pool with jacuzzi in Alfonso Carlos's back garden, a strongbox containing personal letters allegedly written by William Shakespeare was found. After bringing it to the curator of the local museum, who deemed the find of significant historical value, Alfonso Carlos donates the collection to the museum. The museum then donates 676 500 econ to the club.

Got a surprising victory over Aqui1a. I went a bit nuts and dropped my two best midfielders, with the hope of giving the lower DV players more of a chance. Didn't think I'd win 4-1. Thought we'd draw for sure.

Graciano Velho was a beast today.

HE'S DRAGOOOOO's SAVIOURRRR

HE'S DRAGOOOOOOOOOOOOO's SAV-IOUUUURRRR-RRRR

GRA-SEE-AH-NO VEL-YOOO

HE'S DRAGOOOOO's SAVIOUUURRRR

I'm keeping you away from relegation, I think that's acceptable!

Ha no I know, was merely responding to Peepey's jibe at me returning and causing an end to the winning streak. The Gardens have had a blinding season under you! Great results, much appreciated. Getting a 48 hr sleeper train to Delhi tomorrow but after friday's match I should be good to return to my post, bit more time for internet now im travlling solo... hopefully keeping up this good spell!

Be sure to pm me your thoughts on the squad and future development and that...

Also, in great news, the lad I was travelling with (he's just flown home) is really up for joining the league! I'm in a private league with him currently, he'll get well into it.

Ha no I know, was merely responding to Peepey's jibe at me returning and causing an end to the winning streak. The Gardens have had a blinding season under you! Great results, much appreciated. Getting a 48 hr sleeper train to Delhi tomorrow but after friday's match I should be good to return to my post, bit more time for internet now im travlling solo... hopefully keeping up this good spell!

Be sure to pm me your thoughts on the squad and future development and that...

Also, in great news, the lad I was travelling with (he's just flown home) is really up for joining the league! I'm in a private league with him currently, he'll get well into it.

I see the great Ellmeister Zell was a bit of a let down from the youth academy :p

N-Euro Elite League Round Eleven

***Bubbles FC 2-3 Madpool***

Bubbles threaten Madpool with a late goal but Madpool manage to keep it together to retain 2nd place. Madpool made things look easy in the first half with a goal in the 12th minute from Steven Gerrard and another in the 18th minute scored by Archie Gay. A freekick in the 50th minute shook things up as Fernão Castinho scores for Bubbles FC but a few minutes later Kenny Dalglish pushed Madpool further into the lead with another goal. Bubbles had not given up hope in the closing minutes of the game and in the 84th minute, Anselmo Giampietri was able to score a second goal for Bubbles FC but they could not manage to equalise.

***DuDs Baggies 2-0 Rising Phoenix**

Baggies hit rock bottom last round by dropping into 10th place but things pick up this round as they get a result against Rising Phoenix. Two injuries for Baggies in the first half was not very encouraging for the team but they kept going and in the 27th minute they were repaid with a goal scored by Gerry Just. Phoenix managed a chance on goal in the second half but it was easily saved and Baggies had a further two attempts, the last of which beat the keeper and was scored by Gerry Just again in the 91st minute.

*****Real Peeps 2-0 Battlestar Odwinica*****

A much-needed win for Real Peeps this round after they dropped 4 places in just 3 rounds. The first goal came in the 17th minute and was scored by Redmond Phelan. Both teams had a single chance in the first round but Real Peeps scored the only goal. The second round was a repeat of the first in that both teams had a single chance on goal again and Real Peeps were the only ones to score! Ernst Heinzmann took a penalty for Real Peeps in the 64th minute and scored their second goal.

*****Eights United 3-0 Intergalactico Stars****

Eights faced Intergalactico away from home a few rounds ago but they spent the last two rounds annihilating Real Peeps and are now on stellar form. The match was fairly one-sided as Eights had 6 chances on goal and Intergalactico only managed 3. The first goal was scored by Marvin Capwell in the 19th minute and was the only goal of the first half. Intergalactico tried hard in the second half where they created all three of their chances but Eights were not letting up at all. In the 55th minute Trygve Fjellbekk scored the second goal for Eights, prompting Intergalactico to make some substitutions but they were still unable to make a dent in Eights’ defences. Marvin Capwell scored a last minute goal for Eights in the 91st minute and their victory was sealed.

****Silverdale Hotpot 1-0 Winston Gardens FC****

Winston Gardens put up a good fight against Silverdale but Silverdale were just able to edge a victory. No goals were scored in the first half but within the first 30 seconds of the second half, Silverdale were awarded a freekick from which Clifford Hope was able to score! Winston Gardens tried to hit back, creating two chances on goal but Silverdale easily kept them out but although they had three attempts on goal themselves, they were unable to score again.

Most Important Result: Eights United 3-0 Intergalactico Stars, while this result doesn’t knock Intergalactico from first place (far from it), it does mean Eights are still very much in the game.

Manager of the Round: Tales, Eights United, three teams managed 5-star results but Intergalactico have proven to be the most formidable team of the season so far so Eights take the award.

Player of the Round: Marvin Capwell, Eights United, Tales takes all the awards this round as Marvin Capwell scored the first and final goals of their game against Intergalactico Stars.

N-Euro Elite League Round Twelve

*****Real Peeps 1-0 Silverdale Hotpot****

Another surprising win for Real Peeps after they defeated Battlestar Odwinica last round. Silverdale had the upper hand for most of the game, creating more chances in the first half and earning more possession overall, but Real Peeps caught them up in the second half. Both teams had four chances overall but it looked like no one would be able to score until finally, Nat Dowell was able to score in the 69th minute for Real Peeps. Silverdale had a final attempt on goal before the game was over but it was just wide and Real Peeps get off lucky!

***Madpool 4-2 Eights United***

Last round’s victory over Intergalactico may have drained Eights’ players too much for them to stand up against Madpool this round as the home team takeaway an easy victory. A freekick taken by Alec Svanson in the 11th minute meant Eights United were first to score but Madpool didn’t let the first half end before scoring one of their own. In the 41st minute, Kenny Dalglish scored the equalising goal for Madpool but also scored the first goal of the second half with a long range shot in the 46th minute. With Madpool now ahead, Eights had to close the gap fast but an injury in the 54th minute meant their defence was slightly weakened as they brought in a youth replacement for Rod Clevan. Archie Gay scored Madpool’s third goal in the 58th minute and it looked like that was it but Eights were given hope after Ed Kent scored an own goal in the 78th minute, making the score 3-2. Fortunately for Madpool, Steven Gerrard was next to score, pushing them back into the lead in the 83rd minute.

*****Winston Gardens FC 2-0 DuDs Baggies****

Winston Gardens come on strong in the first half to keep Baggies away and it pays off as Gardens create two chances in the first half and score from both! Cris Ross scored the first goal in the 12th minute with Art Wilkins following up in the 32nd minute with the second. Baggies had an attempt on goal in the second half but it was saved by the keeper. Winston Gardens had another two chances in the second half but weren’t able to increase their lead, luckily for them it wasn’t needed anyway.

***Rising Phoenix 2-0 Bubbles FC***

Bubbles put up a great fight and deserved better than a 2-0 loss but Rising Phoenix scored the goals and they take the win today. Phoenix had 7 chances overall while Bubbles made 8 but in the 21st minute it was Sverrir Pedersen of Rising Phoenix who was first to score. Stan Kingston scored a second goal for Phoenix in the 32nd minute and that was that. The match dragged on with both teams getting decent shots in but no further goals were scored.

*****Intergalactico Stars 2-0 Battlestar Odwinica****

Intergalactico work hard today to keep ahead of Madpool and Eights who are hot in their tail! No goals were scored in the first half of the game but typically for Intergalactico, they didn’t warm up until the second half where they created 8 chances while Odwinica had only 1. A penalty scored by Zinedine Zidane in the 46th minute was the first goal for Intergalactico but despite 10 chances overall, they only scored again in the 87th minute with a goal from Terry Hogan.

Most Important Result: Madpool 4-2 Eights United, with literally no change in the table this round, this result is the most crucial as these titans fight it out for a chance of catching up with Intergalactico Stars. This result puts Madpool ahead of Eights and only two points behind Intergalactico Stars.

Manager of the Round: Nikos9, Intergalactico Stars, Nikos9 was not the only manager to get a 5-star rating this round but they had one of the toughest opponents and the better result.

Player of the Round: Steven Gerrard, Madpool, while Kenny Dalglish scored two goals for Madpool and Gerrard scored only one, Gerrard also assisted in both of Dalglish’s goals as well as scoring one of his own.

YES!

FINALLY GOT MANAGER OF THE ROUND!!

That's all I care about.

I can't believe I haven't gotten one so far. Not even a single one :p

Too bad I couldn't keep the lead against Odwin, would have been an amazing away victory(and the only one against the "top five") Title looks slim, but top 3 looks good again. Hopefully I can at least trade places with Madpool this season :p