N-Europe

Football Season 2012/2013

Dog-amoto

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not denying he may be a twat, but i don't see how saying someone is black is racist. It's certainly not hurtful to call someone black is it?

There's definitely a large difference between this and the word John Terry "didn't" use which is supposed to be an insult.

Not denying he may be a twat, but i don't see how saying someone is black is racist. It's certainly not hurtful to call someone black is it?
Well he's not calling him black, he's calling him a white man in a black mans body. Openly making an issue of race.

This guy's supposed to be setting a good example and has happily voiced his opinions towards racism throughout this case, and then he just casually goes and uses a controversial term like this. It's just double standards and moronic.

I'm just sick and bored of all these shitty off field stories. Honestly can't wait till the new season starts, and they start concentrating on the players more.

Even then, the off field stuff will still make up the majority of the news, because our media are wankers.

Well he's not calling him black, he's calling him a white man in a black mans body. Openly making an issue of race.

I suppose so....but i always thought the term 'choc ice' meant that you act like a white person culturally, while being black on the outside.

Obviously I can't really comment, but i don't see what is offensive about that.

Still, if people did find it offensive, then obviously there is a problem anyway.

I'm just sick and bored of all these shitty off field stories. Honestly can't wait till the new season starts, and they start concentrating on the players more.

Even then, the off field stuff will still make up the majority of the news, because our media are wankers.

Your thoughts on Carroll possibly moving back to Newcastle? Latest is that Newcastle are preparing another offer...

Your thoughts on Carroll possibly moving back to Newcastle? Latest is that Newcastle are preparing another offer...

I'm happy to let Rodgers do what he wants to implement his philosophy. If he thinks Carroll doesn't fit, then fair enough. I'd be pretty annoyed if we loaned him out to a PL team, though.

I'd be sad to see him go, but I know it'd be what Rodgers thinks is best.

I suppose so....but i always thought the term 'choc ice' meant that you act like a white person culturally, while being black on the outside.

Obviously I can't really comment, but i don't see what is offensive about that.

Still, if people did find it offensive, then obviously there is a problem anyway.

The BBC had a good quote on whats wrong with it:

John Amaechi Former NBA basketball player, psychologist and educator

"It is the idea that a black person is black only in skin colour but inside they are really white. It's a highly derogatory term. It's a dangerous term because it allows black boys especially but black people in general, to believe that there is a way of being black that is somehow distinct from being white. There are people that think if you don't wear a certain type of clothing or listen to a certain type of music you're not really black. It's a really dangerous thing. There are black boys who do less well in school because they believe by doing well there, they are acting white. To me, this is devastating for black boys and black people everywhere. It's a deeply offensive term with racial connotations."

I'm happy to let Rodgers do what he wants to implement his philosophy. If he thinks Carroll doesn't fit, then fair enough. I'd be pretty annoyed if we loaned him out to a PL team, though.

I'd be sad to see him go, but I know it'd be what Rodgers thinks is best.

Do you just agree with everything a Liverpool manager does? :heh:

I'm sure last season you said that he needed time, would be a good signing etc.

The BBC had a good quote on whats wrong with it:

Hmmm, i think i disagree with John here. I think there are distinct aspects of black culture, that are different to white culture, and there isn't anything wrong with that.

The bit about black boys doing badly in school because they are worried about acting white is rubbish, and may even be slightly racist in itself, implying that all white boys do well at school, and black boys can't.

Again, if people start to see the term 'choc ice' as derogatory, then fine, don't use it. But i don't think it's imflamatory on it's own.

I'm not very good at expressing my opinion, so i'm sorry if i'm coming across as offensive.

Anyway, this is in the wrong topic probably, i'll shut up now.

Just had an email offering me an Arsenal season ticket. Says the majority of the seats available are £1,423 in the upper tier. No way I can afford that, I've just graduated and haven't found a job yet :(

Looks like I'll have to call and defer...

Nah, I didn't have one before. Have been on the waiting list for about 6 years. The fact that I'm around 13,000 on the list shows that no-one can really afford it at the moment...

Your post made me check my email as I'm about 13,300 on the list. Did not expect to get offered one this summer, I'm probably going to have to defer too. Unless I can think of cunning plan to get the money in 7 days. What a shit amount of time to sort anything.

Your post made me check my email as I'm about 13,300 on the list. Did not expect to get offered one this summer, I'm probably going to have to defer too. Unless I can think of cunning plan to get the money in 7 days. What a shit amount of time to sort anything.

I know right, was expecting it next year. Works out at around £55 a ticket if you take one of these upper tier ones. Plus my transport to London (no longer living in Holloway now uni has ended). If I wanted to, I could buy the cheapest ticket for every game the day they go on sale as a silver member and save compared to this. Haven't phoned them up yet to check availability, but hopefully next year I will have more money/be able to get North Bank lower.

Do you just agree with everything a Liverpool manager does? :heh:

I'm sure last season you said that he needed time, would be a good signing etc.

Since he's just starting and trying to implement a totally new philosophy that is new to us, yes. How else can he do his best?

If I had the power to keep him, I would, but Rodgers is a much better manager than I will ever be. :p

News just in that Arsenal have received bids for Van Persie from Man United, Man City and Juventus.

Out of those bids, I imagine Arsenal will ship him off to Juve. Would be absolute lunacy to send him to City or United. As a United fan, not sure what I think of all of this. I'm not sure if we need another striker on the books, as we have Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez, Berbatov and Macheda as our first choice 5. Plus, there are other players who can play in that supporting striker role.

What we really need is a central midfielder, a new engine for the team. A David Silva and a Yaya Toure.

I know right, was expecting it next year. Works out at around £55 a ticket if you take one of these upper tier ones. Plus my transport to London (no longer living in Holloway now uni has ended). If I wanted to, I could buy the cheapest ticket for every game the day they go on sale as a silver member and save compared to this. Haven't phoned them up yet to check availability, but hopefully next year I will have more money/be able to get North Bank lower.

I ended up getting one of the cheaper upper tier tickets in the end. I'm going to apply to move lower every renewal until I get there. :p

I ended up getting one of the cheaper upper tier tickets in the end. I'm going to apply to move lower every renewal until I get there. :p

Awesome, am jealous. Which block? I ended up deferring unfortunately. Next year for me!

Awesome, am jealous. Which block? I ended up deferring unfortunately. Next year for me!

Block 126, row 24. I was on the phone for a good half hour, got the bloke to check different places/prices. Couldn't offer anything at all in the lower tier which was a shame.

Quite happy though because the seats are on the end of a row and they're the first row where it gets cheaper. One row in front and the price goes up £300, ridiculous.

A great escape for Arsenal against Malaysia XI, late goals from Thomas Eisfield and Chuks Aneke salvaged us a 2-1 win. Gotta hope the team can turn the heat up against City on Friday, the pitch wasn't great and there was no tempo and lack of flow to Arsenal's play, Chamakh was pretty good, missed a 1 on 1 mind, he'll need to do better if he wants to stake a claim as our first choice striker.

Edited by Emerald Emblem