N-Europe

Nintendo Land

Retro_Link

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My main problem with this game is that it has no online. It's a multiplayer mini game title, i.e. the perfect game for online play. I mean, they even went all the way to make a pseudo online hub, where you can see other players and their statuses, but can't play with them? Good lord, what were they thinking... xS

Well, at least the music is good. Just check Redshell's sig...

My main problem with this game is that it has no online. It's a multiplayer mini game title, i.e. the perfect game for online play. I mean, they even went all the way to make a pseudo online hub, where you can see other players and their statuses, but can't play with them? Good lord, what were they thinking... xS

Well, at least the music is good. Just check Redshell's sig...

I've played this, and it's great. My only complaint is the lack of online! It would literally be the perfect launch game if it had online. It's was totally stupid to leave it out.

Sure, the games would be more fun to play locally, but you could still have had a laugh online - especially with voice chat. Plus they aren't like Mario where the netcode would be a nightmare.

It's a double kick in the balls as some of the games are multi player only!

While online mode could be useful for some, I do not see it being used very much. As others have said, this game was meant to be played locally, and they really did this game for that.

It would work online, but I'm not comlaining the lack of it. I'm soon moving to a bigger city myself, where many of my friends live, so we will probably have a blast with it.

Maybe even better with beer. :D

As if your new sig didn't make that obvious enough ;)
:D

so how big is the update for this? :heh:
Just over 300MB if I recall correctly.

Has anyone managed to safely deliver the present in Balloon Trip? I was close on my last attempt, but lost it just before the goal. :shakehead

I am so addicted to this game. :heh:

BTW, I've been bumping into quite a few N-E Miis in the plaza now. :hehe:

Miiverse... Is... Amazing. :awesome:

So after a good multiplayer sesh on this tonight I'm convinced Nintendo Land is a work of genius :cool: Metroid Blast, Luigi's Ghost Mansion, even flipping Mario Chase! My friends and I agreed it even beats Wii Sport for fun factor. Half the time in Wii Sports, as much as i loved it at the time, it felt like you were doing these token gestures and the game was playing itself for you - not so here. Admittedly, I haven't tried all the attractions yet. It's like being a kid in a sweet shop!

The F-Zero attraction on this is surprisingly awesome when you get into it. I completed all 12 Areas just now...

...Which activates an extra mode. Another 12 Areas, but racing at night (looks bloody gorgeous!

:o) and more difficult, plus some superb remixes of classic F-Zero tunes. :love:

For the love of God, Nintendo... Don't leave us hanging much longer for a new (proper) F-Zero! :bouncy:

In other Nintendo Land news (in case anyone missed it on Miiverse :heh:), I got a Platinum trophy on Balloon Trip Breeze!! :cool: The game gets insane on the later stages!...

...Headwinds, way more spikes on screen (and with increasingly erratic movement patterns), enemies that can cloak themselves on the TV (forcing you to use the GamePad at the most inconvenient times)...

...it's complete madness! :grin:

Only played Donkey Kong Ninja Castle and Yoshi and loving it!

Yoshi is surprisingly great, but I reckon it will be a chore to keep having to play through the early stages, as it's fun figuring it out, not doing it. At least with Donkey Kong you can get faster and faster (and it's just fun), this should have level packs or something so you can jump in later on, or have a more high score approach to make replaying the early stages better,

ALSO, I was sure you could compare you times with friends on this. What a ridiculous decision (surprise) by nintendo to not let us compare our scores with friends, absolutely devastating as it would add so much replayability to it.

And you should be able to send new highscores and stamps to miiverse. Such a wasted opporutnity!

Me and the Missus had a really fun session on this last night. She really likes Ghost Mansion.

I was pleasantly surprised by Takeshi's Castle, really enjoyed killing paper ninjas. Never once did the aiming go off... why is no-one talking about this game!?

Edited by Phube

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!