NEurope

Is there a way to skip the fruit juice sequence at the end of the day? Its really starting to annoy me.

This game has reminded me why I am still a nintendo fan and choose to own a Wii U

It is just buzzing with nintendo charm :-)

Just picked this up before work, now got a whole day before I can play it!!

However...has anyone else seen what it says on the back of the box? Under the title of something like "The Gamepad is an explorers best friend" one of the exciting new features the GamePad brings to Pikmin 3 is the ability to pause the game to bring up map and inventory options. Sorry what?

Just picked this up before work, now got a whole day before I can play it!!

However...has anyone else seen what it says on the back of the box? Under the title of something like "The Gamepad is an explorers best friend" one of the exciting new features the GamePad brings to Pikmin 3 is the ability to pause the game to bring up map and inventory options. Sorry what?

I'm getting thoughts of "real time weapon change" and "hitting weak points for massive damage" :heh:

It's actually pretty convenient having the Game Pad just 'there' so that you can scroll through the map any time using the touch screen, very intuitive... also I love the fact that you can view the whole map as you last left it before you actually land, meaning you can plan ahead more, these features might not be the 'huge' selling points that Nintendo would have you believe from the back of the box but they do enhance the game a lot. :)

I've only played a couple of hours on this so far, I'll be waiting until Sunday to actually sit down and play it properly so that I've got everything else out of the way first. :D

It's all about the equality :p

Peach in 3D World, Bayonetta, and the females characters in Smash and Kart.

Yeah, I've also noticed NINTENDO starting to think more and more about female gamers over the years.

We're also probably looking at an inclusion of:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1AaldgM4K2kBB6ixheiv9WOc_oHhb-oIPYC-PcfRArmqORGal

and perhaps

5114344564_Pauline_answer_8_xlarge.png

in either Smash or Mario Kart or perhaps both...

Edited by Fused King

Yeah, I've also noticed NINTENDO starting to think more and more about female gamers over the years.

We're also probably looking at an inclusion of:

rosalina-joins-the-brawl-rosalina-9757499-300-445.jpg

and perhaps

5114344564_Pauline_answer_8_xlarge.png

in either Smash or Mario Kart or perhaps both...

I'm all for more female characters but this design is ghastly. I think the Mario universe needs a more ballsy female - someone who isnt a princess or tart.

I'm all for more female characters but this design is ghastly. I think the Mario universe needs a more ballsy female - someone who isnt a princess or tart.

Captain Syrup perhaps, from the Wario Land series?

captain_syrup_by_real_warner-d62op5z.png

She probably knows how to stick it to 'em :laughing:

And Brittany is just a fruit-loving selfish SOB so I'd rather they use someone else :heh:

Although I read that info as "Brittany is female and in a Wii U game. There are other Wii U games that feature females. [e.g. Wonderful 101, Bayonetta]" Almost trying to point out it's not the 1820's.

@\-Dem0\-

I also noticed that they're advertising Pikmin 3 by referencing that it is an idea of the man who gave us Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda and Donkey Kong...

Has this been done before?

And also, they are not using his name :3 very humble!

Take note Kojima!

My only gripe with this so far is that I think the days are a little too short. Only just though, still managing to get plenty done... I guess I'd like to explore a little more though.

All fruits collected and game is finished, as seen by my Miiverse posts.

My final game time was 10:54 and thats with 100% done. I thought it would have been a little longer to be honest. :(

Great game but I think Pikmin 2 is still the best of the series. I loved the items and descriptions in that game and while the fruit looks nice, it's not the same.

The bosses in Pikmin 3 are fantastic though and a couple of them put up a good fight which resulted in me having to continue the fight the next day.

@Serebii there is no way you will run out of fruit juice. I had 62 going into the last level, which is amazing but I won't spoil it. So there is plenty on wiggle room to explore.

It was worth the 9 year wait and i'm just hoping those DLC rumours are true. Bring on Pikmin 4! Just don't wait as long to do it, Nintendo. :D

@Hero\-of\-Time 9 years waiting and you complete it in a matter of days.

I bet ya gutted!

[MENTION=347] 9 years waiting and you complete it in a matter of days.

I bet ya gutted!

Not at all.

11 hours in a couple of sessions or 11 hours spread out is still 11 hours. Besides, I had fun with it and i've always got some other game waiting to be played. :)

Or you could find someone to play the multiplayer games with?

Yeah, so this game reminded me why I love nintendo so much. Is there anything else like it? I don't think so. When you think of all the open world, FPS, realistic games that dominate the other consoles, fuck me is this fresh air. I just absolutely love it. Slightly concerned about Hero's finish time, but I'd rather an 11 hour masterpiece than a 30 hour slog.

Edited by dazzybee

All fruits collected and game is finished, as seen by my Miiverse posts.

My final game time was 10:54 and thats with 100% done. I thought it would have been a little longer to be honest. :(

Great game but I think Pikmin 2 is still the best of the series. I loved the items and descriptions in that game and while the fruit looks nice, it's not the same.

The bosses in Pikmin 3 are fantastic though and a couple of them put up a good fight which resulted in me having to continue the fight the next day.

@Serebii there is no way you will run out of fruit juice. I had 62 going into the last level, which is amazing but I won't spoil it. So there is plenty on wiggle room to explore.

It was worth the 9 year wait and i'm just hoping those DLC rumours are true. Bring on Pikmin 4! Just don't wait as long to do it, Nintendo. :D

There's still Mission Mode and Bingo Battle :)

Yeah, so this game reminded me why I love intends so much. Is there anything else like it? I don't think so. When you think of he he open world, FPS, realistic games that dominate the other consoles, fuck me is this fresh air. I just absolutely love it. Slightly concerned about Herod finish time, but I'd rather an 11 hour masterpiece than a 30 hour slog.
Go home dazzybee, you're drunk ;)

Go home dazzybee, you're drunk ;)

I am actually... But that's definitely my stupid ipad... The spelling, not the declarations of love.

There's still Mission Mode and Bingo Battle :)

I have zero interest in either of them. If they were online then it would be a different story.

I have zero interest in either of them. If they were online then it would be a different story.

Give Mission Mode a shot. It's single player

Lovely start to the game, first few levels have that charm in abundance! Glad I still have pikmin 2 to crash through as may go straight back to that after completing this.

Had to switch to Wii mote controls though, the game pad calibration felt all wrong, especially the pikmin pointer thing (you know, the line coming from the character with the circle at end you lock on to things etc) that being on the left stick along with movement felt like a poor decision to me as pikmin were flying everywhere during the boss battle, no accuracy!

Apart from that little gripe, it's great to have pikmin back! :)