NEurope

Enjoying this for the most part - got a few gripes though.

The camera is pretty bad, I'm playing with the Wiimote, but you could only auto centre in the first two games on the 'cube but I don't remember them being this awkward. Mostly it's fine, but it's only during boss battles that I notice how fiddly it is. Same story with the lock on which is a bit hit and miss.

I'm also finding the lack of a decent charge feature to be a pain (and yes, I know you can lock on and shake the Nunchuk, but it was so much better using the C-stick on the Gamecube to push your Pikmin toward or away from something)

Everything else is spot on though. Jaw dropping visuals, and that hard to explain Nintendo touch that only they can pull off.

£39.99 from the eShop.

£34.99 from @Dog\-amoto is coming from above...not sure it's for me(though I am on an in-bed/lying down setup). Reckon I'll be gamepadding this from my feelings so far...which are all fairly good.

For those that have completed it, any one got all the hidden notes yet? Just a series of numbers so far, but old Shigeroo did make reference to people finding them all being a good idea...

The first boss fight was pretty tough!! Lost 24 Pikmin and even then that was on my third go. I dread to think how I'll manage the rest of them! I do wonder though whether the Wii remote would be better for boss fights where you need to aim with quicker reflexes.

As someone who hasn't played the first two games, is Olimar from a different planet to these 3 guys? I assumed he was from the same one but the first of his notes seems to suggest otherwise.

Oh and another little gripe.

When finding some fruit or building a bridge, why the frig do your Pikmin go back to the place they found it? When you've just built something, the first place you're going to go is there, not the other side of the map where you found the materials.

Lost so many Pikmin because of this.

When finding some fruit or building a bridge, why the frig do your Pikmin go back to the place they found it? When you've just built something, the first place you're going to go is there, not the other side of the map where you found the materials.

Yesterday I had something even worse! Literally as the end of day counter finished I put my arms down to my side and somehow the game picked that up as me shaking the nunchuk, 100 Pikmin lost instantly. Had to replay the day after that (although on the plus side I wound up doing a much better job of the day second time round).

Yesterday I had something even worse! Literally as the end of day counter finished I put my arms down to my side and somehow the game picked that up as me shaking the nunchuk, 100 Pikmin lost instantly. Had to replay the day after that (although on the plus side I wound up doing a much better job of the day second time round).

Hahahaha oh no!!

Even ive not managed to do that!

I wondered this, but then thought it might be because there could be nasties over on the other side of the bridge? Sending Pikmins into the unknown without command?

It has huge benefits too. For example you can just have a couple of pikmin do a lot of work and they'll keep coming back and collecting more bridge pieces, fruit too.

But it CAN be annoying. As always, why not just give us a choice? Hold Z while firing the pikmin makes them come back and normal they stay where the finish. Easy.

I interpreted it this way:

You've just sent the Pikmin to a spot to collect bridge materials.

A handful go and do it.

They're constantly going back and forth getting the pieces.

Although YOU can see that the pieces have run out, they can't...so they'll naturally go back to make sure they've got everything.

I can imagine them getting back to that spot thinking "oh, we've got everything already..."

Remember what I said about prioritising games and stuff? yeah, it wasn't that long ago.

I found a small package waiting for me at the foot of the door this morning.

1o3tbd.jpg

My sister bought it for me. Best sis in the world confirmed?

Yup.

That's really sweet -Dem0-!

Sisters rule!

I am literally waiting for this to finish downloading. I have zero interest in this series :laughing: so thought I'd give this a go as it's obviously warmly thought of, and having never played a game in the series before it'd be nice to get an opinion from actually playing the game.

Also, the W101 discount from buying this has also made it slightly more attractive.

Will post some thoughts once I've played a bit.

Remember what I said about prioritising games and stuff? yeah, it wasn't that long ago.

I found a small package waiting for me at the foot of the door this morning.

1o3tbd.jpg

My sister bought it for me. Best sis in the world confirmed?

Yup.

I don't have any sisters so I am happy to agree with you, you either did something great to earn this, or she's using it as leverage! ;)

I started this before.

I am loving the time I've spent with it so far. Sooo glad I decided to give it a try!

Having never played a Pikmin game I was a little unsure whether it would be for me or not, but it seems it's impossible to not be charmed by how cute the game is.

Also, how satisfying is throwing a rock Pikmin at a big crystal shard?! :laughing: Very good!

I have been playing exclusively with the game pad, but I can honestly say this game looks like it is made for the Wii Remote. I haven't bothered using the Wii Remote yet but can definitely see myself switching to that control method.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have team members to rescue and Pikmin to throw. :heh:

This game is awesome. I LOVE being able to use the Wiimote and the GamePad in tandem. I discovered today how you could send one of your leaders off to one area using the GamePad (setting a course/route for them) and then you could do something different with the other one. It was easy to switch back or forth using the minus button on the Wiimote. I sent one leader off to get fruit and the other to get something on the other side of the map. It makes things so much easier...multitasking at its best.

The controls really are a triumph. Not to mention, this really is a gorgeous game. So pleased.

I started this before.

I am loving the time I've spent with it so far. Sooo glad I decided to give it a try!

Having never played a Pikmin game I was a little unsure whether it would be for me or not, but it seems it's impossible to not be charmed by how cute the game is.

Also, how satisfying is throwing a rock Pikmin at a big crystal shard?! :laughing: Very good!

I have been playing exclusively with the game pad, but I can honestly say this game looks like it is made for the Wii Remote. I haven't bothered using the Wii Remote yet but can definitely see myself switching to that control method.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have team members to rescue and Pikmin to throw. :heh:

This is my first Pikmin game too, but loving it so much that I've picked up the new play control versions of both Pikmin 1 and 2 to play through sometime as well!

This game is awesome. I LOVE being able to use the Wiimote and the GamePad in tandem. I discovered today how you could send one of your leaders off to one area using the GamePad (setting a course/route for them) and then you could do something different with the other one. It was easy to switch back or forth using the minus button on the Wiimote. I sent one leader off to get fruit and the other to get something on the other side of the map. It makes things so much easier...multitasking at its best.

The controls really are a triumph. Not to mention, this really is a gorgeous game. So pleased.

I have tried this but I just dont/cant do multi tasking.

Therefore things are taking me three times as long! Oh well ive got plenty of juice to keep me going.

Seriously dont want this game to end!!

Completed! Got all the fruit, however missed 4 secret notes, so will go back and scout for them, no idea where they could be though as cant remember coming across any more that I didn't pick up.

Best Pikmin yet I say, first time I have loved exploring every single world, not one "meh" map at all. Joyous from start to finish, however brief :)

Good to see so positive reactions, definitely getting this at some point...

I have tried this but I just dont/cant do multi tasking.

Therefore things are taking me three times as long! Oh well ive got plenty of juice to keep me going.

Seriously dont want this game to end!!

That's a shame, brah. I can't imagine playing this solely with the GamePad...the WiiMote is too precise.

I had a hooooorrible moment earlier.

Basically:

I must have replayed Day 3 about 3 or so times.

Attempt 1: Got to the boss but spent too long trying to kill him and the day ended.

Attempt 2: Did much better, but still not quick enough.

Attempt 3: Killed the boss but couldn't get the body back to the base in time. So left it for the next day.

Day 4 - Attempt 1: Took the boss back to the base. I assigned some Pikmin to do this. On the way back, I noticed a wall you can knock down (where that puzzle is with the electric wall, the pulley system...type thing). I knocked down that first wall to get to it and decided to turn around to get back to my base. I completely forgot that there was water there and waltzed through the water with about 60 of my Pikminsss.

In a moment of panic, I thought Shiiiit, I'll just get to the other side and we'll be fine. I got to the other side, turned around to whistle my dying Pikmin, only to be greeted with a hooooorrrible wailing sound from them. A chorus of cries. A sea of death. My Pikmin Count dwindled. I lost about 50 in one go. Alph's speech box came up in dismay.

Needless to say, I retried the day...

I tend to leave one of the captains at the spot too so they can round them up once they're done.

Finished it 100% last night too. WHat a game. Looking forward to digging into mission mode after my holidays and Bingo Bat;e at next gaming weekend. Really hope Nintendo release proper level DLC and not just additional missions and Bingo Battle stages. They're great, but I love the puzzles of building shit, smashing shit, and collecting...fruit!!!

Finished it 100% last night too. WHat a game. Looking forward to digging into mission mode after my holidays and Bingo Bat;e at next gaming weekend. Really hope Nintendo release proper level DLC and not just additional missions and Bingo Battle stages. They're great, but I love the puzzles of building shit, smashing shit, and collecting...fruit!!!

It would be great if the DLC follows...

what Olimar and Louie were doing whilst you were with the other crew.

It would be great if the DLC follows...

what Olimar and Louie were doing whilst you were with the other crew.

Ah yes that would be excellent, happy to explore the existing worlds with new puzzles and things to do etc :)

Did you collect all the secret memos/notes? If so anything good come from it?

Ah yes that would be excellent, happy to explore the existing worlds with new puzzles and things to do etc :)

Did you collect all the secret memos/notes? If so anything good come from it?

Apparently the secret notes secret will be revealed at a later date.