NEurope

I think it's about excitations, a game that hasn't had a version for 9 years you. Expect the game to be vastly different.but games that get released every year you kind of expect it to be largely the same. Hence it being more disappointing in games like pikmin.

And i bet cod now is extremely different to cod of 9 years ago. Same with FIFA.

I tried to book Annual Leave from the bird so I can play this game over the weekend.

Unfortunately my reasonable request got refused! :-/

I tried to book Annual Leave from the bird so I can play this game over the weekend.

Unfortunately my reasonable request got refused! :-/

Time to trade her in for a newer model, brah, nomsayin'?

If you buy the download code from GAME, you can download it right now!

http://www.game.co.uk/en/pikmin-3-173009?pageSize=20&searchTerm=pikmin

*Terms and Conditions:Pikmin 3 Nintendo eShop download: UK ONLY. Your download code will be emailed to you once you complete your order. Please ensure that the email address in Your Account is valid before ordering. You will not be able to redeem your Pikmin 3 eShop download until 12.01am 26/07/2013. This offer is only valid on selected bundles and not preowned consoles.

Not quite yet...

Good to see that they're selling the codes already though (and at a reasonable price too :) )

Not quite yet...

Good to see that they're selling the codes already though (and at a reasonable price too :) )

People on GAF have been able to download theirs

People on GAF have been able to download theirs

Just checked, oh snap, you're right! Oh man, it's tempting... (especially when you consider that Wonderful 101 offer and the DDP discount!)

I'm holding off because I want it retail, but damn it's tempting

Doesn't matter anyway, ShopTo started processing mine

Sod it, I might get it anyway. I'll let my cousin borrow my physical copy when it arrives :D

ShopTo have posted mine! :D

I should have it tomorrow with any luck. ^^

Only bought this to test Flubit a bit more, otherwise would have waited.

The shortness doesn't bother me, but was Pancake genuinely right that there is only fruit? You're just collecting fucking fruit?! What of all the quirky items! They didn't have enough time to come up with cool stuff or something? Jeez. Massive loss if it's actually the case.

ShopTo have posted mine! :D

I should have it tomorrow with any luck. ^^

Same here!! :-)

Only bought this to test Flubit a bit more, otherwise would have waited.

Saaaame. You heard anything yet? I'm getting nervous. :heh:

Saaaame. You heard anything yet? I'm getting nervous. :heh:

Nope, still the same as in Flubit thread :(

Think they said the delivery time was updated but it wasn't really - it's Flubit scheduled for next Tuesday 30th to August 1st, but then the page itself says the order may be updated/dispatched without that page being updated.

Anyway, seriously though, is this game ONLY about collecting fruit? No quirky real world items?

Edited by Rummy

Nope, still the same as in Flubit thread :(

Think they said the delivery time was updated but it wasn't really - it's Flubit scheduled for next Tuesday 30th to August 1st, but then the page itself says the order may be updated/dispatched without that page being updated.

Anyway, seriously though, is this game ONLY about collecting fruit? No quirky real world items?

Fruit is real world :)

Having canceled my shopto order and downloaded it, I can say so far fruit isn't the only thing you take back, but is 100% the focus of the game and pretty much all you collect yes.

Contemplating going hunting for the postman.

I neeeeeds it!

I can't decide whether to play this with GamePad or Wiimote. I would go Wiimote, but my friend in Japan says it has some GamePad features that make things a bit easier

I can't decide whether to play this with GamePad or Wiimote. I would go Wiimote, but my friend in Japan says it has some GamePad features that make things a bit easier

Best way to go is to use both at the same time (put that Gamepad stand to use :) )

It's really fun making use of both at once! You get the super awesome Wiimote & Nunchuk controls and then a super awesome terminal computer that gives you lots of useful topography info and a really useful waypoint feature that lets you send captains to specific points on the map!

Definately the true way to play! :D

Edited by Dcubed

Wiimote and Nunchuck for me. Having played the original Pikmin with both a Gamecube pad and then a Wiimote, I think the Wiimote is the way to go.

It has arrived! :D

But I won't get to play it properly until later... work. :(

At least it's here though, the years of waiting are finally over! : peace:

Wiimote and Nunchuck for me. Having played the original Pikmin with both a Gamecube pad and then a Wiimote, I think the Wiimote is the way to go.

Yup. This game was clearly designed for the Wiimote & Chuck from the get go (and the controls are even better than the NPC Pikmin games! Motionplus works a treat :)) - the game makes use of this straight away by having enemies with specific small weakpoints on their body (like how hitting the bulborbs eyes stun it for a brief moment). You're at a severe disadvantage without that high accuracy, or the ability to call Pikmin out of range, or the ability to throw Pikmin behind you as you run from an enemy.

But likewise, the game is also clearly designed around having that topographic view on the Gamepad as well as the stages can get rather convoluted (remember how much you used to switch to the map screen in the GCN games? You'll be doing double that here!)

The ability to send captains to various places on their own while you do something else is also a godsend! :D

Edited by Dcubed