NEurope

So is anyone else going to be playing through Pikmin 1 and 2 before 3 comes out?

I recently picked up both New Play Control versions of the games for a good price so I'm finally going to start my play-through today. :D

I have previously played/completed both on the GC but I hear that the NPC versions are supposed to be even better thanks to the Wii remote. :)

So is anyone else going to be playing through Pikmin 1 and 2 before 3 comes out?

No, I 1. don't have enough time too, and 2. don't won't to get Pikmin fatigue before I play the 3rd game. I want it to be as fresh as possible.

I was considering it but...

No, I 1. don't have enough time too, and 2. don't won't to get Pikmin fatigue before I play the 3rd game. I want it to be as fresh as possible.

Pretty much both points here. I still may change my mind though... :p

I've lost pretty much all hype for this, I guess it's just like Twilight Princess all over again, it got delayed so much I just don't care about it any more! Will certainly pick it up in a few months or so when I'm done with Fire Emblem (which I've barely started), Luigi's Mansion 2 (barely started) and Animal Crossing (I can't play enough of)...

Meh, maybe next year instead!

I recently picked up both New Play Control versions of the games for a good price so I'm finally going to start my play-through today. :D

I have previously played/completed both on the GC but I hear that the NPC versions are supposed to be even better thanks to the Wii remote. :)

I picked up the first Pikmin game on NPC and the controls with the Wii Remote were amazing. Such a great game. Wanted to get the second and never got around to it sadly!

Never played a Pikmin game before. Want to get this, but then think it looks kinda crazy. Almost bordering on strategic? Am I right in saying that? And if that's the case I actually couldn't think of anything worse. So I'm unsure for now. Plus I have lots of 3ds goodness to keep me going and am kinda waiting on Wonderful 101 for my Wii U over anything else!

Never played a Pikmin game before. Want to get this, but then think it looks kinda crazy. Almost bordering on strategic? Am I right in saying that? And if that's the case I actually couldn't think of anything worse. So I'm unsure for now. Plus I have lots of 3ds goodness to keep me going and am kinda waiting on Wonderful 101 for my Wii U over anything else!

Well it's pretty strategy lite really, nothing very complicated. Water? Use blue creatures. Fire? Use red creatures, and so on.

And without the time constraints, there's less strategy than before. I'd say it's more exploration, cute, charming exploration... that tugs at your heart strings around every corner.

I still remember plucking my first Pikmin, I was so excited, so confused. And oh man, the first time I accidentally left one behind, that was a stand out moment.

The more I think about the first game, and how fresh and exciting it was, the more I suddenly can't wait for this. Forget my earlier pessimism, Pikmin is awesome... I'm just pissed we've had to wait this long for the third!!

I'm just pissed we've had to wait this long for the third!!

Only 2 and a half short weeks left..!

Some time after Pikmin 3 was announced, I bought Pikmin and Pikmin 2 for Wii. I had not played the games since I bought them for my GameCube, so I wanted to play them again before Pikmin 3.

Well, time has passed, many games have been bought and played, so I have not found much time for Pikmin. I am now halfway in Pikmin, and I hope I will find the time to also complete Pikmin 2 before Pikmin 3 arrives.

Excited!

I picked up the first Pikmin game on NPC and the controls with the Wii Remote were amazing. Such a great game. Wanted to get the second and never got around to it sadly!

Ive never played the second one either! I dont know why I didnt pick it up on release on the cube. Must be having a life or something.

Im now hyped for this though. Should be good.

Although im preparing myself to be a little disappointed :-/

Well, I've been playing Pikmin for only a few hours and I'm already halfway done. :)

So far 15/30 ship parts with 17 days left to go, which I don't consider to be too bad taking into account the last time I played this was the best part of a decade ago... :blank:

The new controls make a world of difference, really can't wait for Pikmin 3 now! : peace:

Ive never played the second one either! I dont know why I didnt pick it up on release on the cube. Must be having a life or something.

Im now hyped for this though. Should be good.

Although im preparing myself to be a little disappointed :-/

You can't be disappointed by Pikmin. It's such a wonderfully colourful and charming game. It's just not possible. :D

Well, I've been playing Pikmin for only a few hours and I'm already halfway done. :)

So far 15/30 ship parts with 17 days left to go, which I don't consider to be too bad taking into account the last time I played this was the best part of a decade ago... :blank:

The new controls make a world of difference, really can't wait for Pikmin 3 now! : peace:

Urge to play through the original games rising....

Famitsu scores are in for this, 37 out of 40, three 9s and a 10!

From yesterday. ;)

Famitsu score is in. 37/40 (9,9,9,10)

Who hasn't pre-ordered yet? ;)

Well I've just finished Day 17 with a total Pikmin population of 128 - ironic considering how this game originally came to be ;) - I've got 22 ship parts so far, well on track for finishing the game within the time limit.

I know that it can be done a lot quicker but I'm not going for a speed-run here, just aiming to complete the game again and have a little fun along the way. :)

Very true.

I usually go with Eurogamer when it comes to reviews. However, my mind is already made up with this game and my preorder has been in for a long while now.

So, how many people on here have played through and enjoyed both the Gamecube Pikmin games? *raises hand*

I'm interested to see if we have a few fans of the series on the boards, or whether this will be peoples first Pikmin adventure.

I played the first game on Cube...loved it. So much so that after failing the first time through (a depressing sight seeing Olimar's ship trying to take off, and getting no where fast and being stuck on the planet) I went straight back in and got all 30 ship parts, including that big ol beasty at the very end!

Pikmin 2...never really grabbed me as much as the first one,I think mainly because I really liked the 30 day time limit, and it felt like I was just meandering around without it, added a better dimension to the game I thought. Plus the 'dungeon' areas were not as exciting as what occured on the over worlds in the first one.

I did give 2 another go on Wii with the New play controls, and I felt the same about it then too. Still a good game, but I thought the first was great.

Will still be picking this up (out on my pay day, like it was meant to be!) and am excited by it, just hope it's more 1 than 2 (even without 30 day limit).

Well I've just finished Day 17 with a total Pikmin population of 128 - ironic considering how this game originally came to be ;) - I've got 22 ship parts so far, well on track for finishing the game within the time limit.

I know that it can be done a lot quicker but I'm not going for a speed-run here, just aiming to complete the game again and have a little fun along the way. :)

Very true.

I usually go with Eurogamer when it comes to reviews. However, my mind is already made up with this game and my preorder has been in for a long while now.

So, how many people on here have played through and enjoyed both the Gamecube Pikmin games? *raises hand*

I'm interested to see if we have a few fans of the series on the boards, or whether this will be peoples first Pikmin adventure.

Me definitely. I preferred the second with its lack of time limit, as I felt like the first had all these different environments I wanted to hang out in but couldn't cos each took a day. I realise they designed it with replayability in mind, but I never got round to going through it more than maybe twice if even that.

I have however, similar to Josh, sort of lost enthusiasm for it now. There's so much potentially going on with my 3DS, and there's still so much on Wii U that I've yet to really give good play time to; so I haven't pre-ordered this yet and don't foresee getting it for a while. Of course, the people's reception and reviews might change my mind; but right now I'm a bit meh.

I blame AC largely for it though :p Couple the the latest General Bargain I'll essentially be giving all the love over to my 3DS for a while methinks.

I've got the original sitting in a box which i was considering playing, but i'll wait til the 3rd is out to play Pikmin. Same as many others, i don't want to get fatigued before the new one. It's the same as other games in a franchise, if a new comes out i don't play the old that close to the release.

And around 10 properly invested hours later... I've finished the game! :awesome:

The original is utterly brilliant, so full of charm even today with so many magical moments. :)

Short but most definitely sweet, I'll give it a few days before starting the NPC version of Pikmin 2 but as for many people opting not to replay the first two games for fear of getting tired of them... personally speaking this is not the case for me; part of me can't wait to start playing Pikmin 2 again. :D

I'll be tackling the Pikmin Adventure mini game in Nintendoland as well before Pikmin 3 comes out if I get the time. : peace:

When I get paid on Monday im gunna preorder this fucker from Shopto!

I'm reaching fever pitch now. One of the probable best games of the Wii U's life span is almost here. Might nip in the loft and sniff my gamecube for a bit.

Worth a repost from the Wii U eShop thread, but the digital version will be £39.99 instead of the usual £49.99. And availanle from midnight if anyone had any doubts. Potentially could be £34.99 with download code from GAME.

IMG_20130711_220317.jpg