NEurope

it looks glorious now, i'm glad it was delayed so it looked less like an upscaled wii game

Not sure I'd leap to glorious yet, still looks good/better certainly and maybe those screenshots aren't doing it justice; but I still wanna see it in motion. Mildly rough around the edges for a 1080 potential imo. Flipside is that I'm only noticing because they're stills.

Yep the footage from the latest Nintendo Direct shows that it looks a lot better in motion when compared to still shots.

Still not sure if i'll be picking this up, haven't even finished Pikmin 1 yet.

It seems that only green textures look a bit flat; grass, moss etc. Most of the others look decent. It looks as dreamy and imaginative as always. Can't wait.

Didn't the development start on Wii and then moved to Wii U? Maybe it'd look better if they had developed it as a Wii U title from the very beginning. It doesn't by any means look bad but yeah the flatness of the ground textures doesn't look very good.

I am tempted to pre-order it at that price, even though I don't have a Wii U yet (and have no clue when I will have the money to buy one either). =P

That is indeed a good price. I say those who are getting this on release should pre-order now just to make sure they at least get that price.

Official JP site launch: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/ac3j/

Lighting effects!!

pikmin3dark.gifkpup9.gif

Make an avatar.

(BTW, this site http://www.picresize.com/ is great for cropping and resizing images online, and works flawlessly on Wii U browser too, so bookmark it on your Wii. At the end just click on save on web and click on the link it gives you to open the image url.)

RXvCjq7.png

Edited by Retro_Link

I do like Pikmin but I just know this isn't going to be as good as it could/should be!

I do like Pikmin but I just know this isn't going to be as good as it could/should be!

Oi. Youuuuuuu just watch your mouth. Pull yourself together lad. we won't have any talk like that around here.... not until it's out at least. Nothing is sacred round here, except Pikmin! :heh:

I'd like to see objects that can't be carried by just one type of Pikmin so you do get some circumstances where Pink Pikmin and others are carrying items, that'd be cool.

Lets say, for example, there's a stream with an item across the other side. Blue Pikmin can cross over there but can't cross back because the stream is too deep at the side they first entered. The Pink Pikmin alone can't carry the item for whatever reason (you only have a certain number of them lets say), so you send over Blue and Pink Pikmin. Together they carry the item, the Pink Pikmin enabling the Blue Pikmin to walk across the surface of the stream... Jesus style!

Another way this could be used is if you need to collect an item that is within a pit, the problem is that the pit is a fire-pit. You could walk your Red Pikmin into the area and they could grab the item... but how do they get out of the pit? The Pink Pikmin fly above the fire and grab onto the Red Pikmin's leaf and lift the Red Pikmin whilst the Red Pikmin hold onto the item. They then get flown out of the pit without problem!

I'd love stuff like this!

Oi. Youuuuuuu just watch your mouth. Pull yourself together lad. we won't have any talk like that around here.... not until it's out at least. Nothing is sacred round here, except Pikmin! :heh:

They should be doing stuff like that. If there's nothing like that in there it'd be nowhere near as good as it could/should be.

This game looks really stunning, can't wait for it. After the disappointments of today, at least this isn't too far away!

Pikmin Developer Direct.

&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&fmt=22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01">
&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="615" height="360">

Watch -

I have actually pre-ordered the game, even though we probably won't be buying a Wii U for the next coming months. =P

Looking forward to it though when I do finally get to play it!

Boss strategy sounds a bit strange... being able to leave at any point and the boss retains it's damage... does that mean they loose all challenge?

I need them PLUSHIES!!!

There's someone sitting here next to me who could crochet you an awesome Pikmin.. if you have the monies :heh: