NEurope

I'd imagine people are 'nit-picking' because they've just spent £250-300 on a new console and would like to be getting something back for their money! :p If it's still going to look like a last-gen game, well then it should have been a last gen game and Nintendo should have continued supporting the Wii for another couple of years!

I wonder if people are going to be complaining if KZ4 turns out to be a corridor shooter punctuated with a couple of on rails sections, a few instances where you control a fixed turret and a poorly scripted stealth and/or sniper section all running at 30fps? Because then all people would be getting back for their money would be a game that played just like a last-gen game and Sony should have just continued to support the PS3 for another couple of years!

See what I did there? I just find it odd that everything Nintendo does gets picked at and scrutinised under a microscope and one sub par screen shot causes the internet to explode into a foaming sea of criticism, yet when another console manufacturer announces impressive specs for a new system yet games will still be running at 30fps no one really complains!

Looks the same as at E3 to me. People noted smudgy ground textures then too.

I'm just hoping on the visual front they've improved the aliasing and it has a smooth framerate. If they have I think it'll be a beautiful game.

And...

PVvaKFQ.jpg

I think I'm in love :love:

I don't think people care, but at the same time we all want to play the best games - yeah all that matters is we want the gameplay, which I don't doubt we'll get, but we also want the best graphics (design and technically), sound, music, modes etc. I guess this has been in development so long, even been pushed back from what they said last year and people just expected the graphics to improve I guess. ESPECIALLY when Nintendo directly say what is unique about Pikmin 3 is it's using the graphical power of the Wii U.

To be honest, I expect the game to look stunning. Just those screenshots were a little surprising.

Oh and in no way am I giving Nintendo a 'pass' for producing a game with shoddy textures - or anything else that is sub-par. I expect Pikmin 3 to look and play magnificently for the amount of time it's been in development. I'm just trying to draw comparisons between the way people treat Nintendo and other developers/publishers!

And if people are going to start scrutinising every single screen shot, so be it, however I expect the same level of scrutiny to be applied across the board!

Yeah, people. Where are the comments on the ground textures in Tomb Raider? :blank:

Yeah, know what you mean, thing is, I expect more of Nintendo than i do anyone else :) Except in modes and online; but attention to detail, creativity and maximising their technology i expected borderline perfection.

I just hope this game comes out soon; it's not even looking like being released before E3. Worry this will get pushed back to autumn and actually be a big christmas release with Mario Universe coming out 2014

And if people are going to start scrutinising every single screen shot, so be it, however I expect the same level of scrutiny to be applied across the board!

With a game like Pikmin, the floor takes up 40-80% of the screen for the entire game an you're looking directly at it. It isn't exactly a small detail.

See what I did there?
I did. And it instantly put me off wanting to carry on the discussion.

PVvaKFQ.jpg

With 'Pikmin' Cammy? ;)

With 'Pikmin' Cammy? ;)

That must be it!! Being framed by the gamepad doesn't hurt either :blush::o:blush:

nOnAzxK.png

Suddenly it all makes sense.

Edited by Lens of Truth

Nintendo, my Wii U is ready, bring on the Pikmin! But do finish it first, I will wait. However, not patiently.

Yeah, at E3 I thought this didn't look great (graphics-wise) so I didn't understand why everyone kept going on about its beautiful scenery and what not.

Still, they should hurry up and release this now. This would have been perfect to release in February/now to fill the void of games. In fact, I really can't believe how bad the start of Wii U has been. I love the console and use it all the time as a tablet with the internet browser and Netflix, but as far as games are concerned, I haven't been interested since January.

After the 3DS launch I was really expecting them to change their ways. Anyway, this rant is probably best kept for another thread. As I said, Pikmin is awesome and the screenshot feature looks like it could provide hours of fun (if the pictures are easily transferable to other devices!)

I also hope Pikmin 3 has big cats.

pikmin-2-cat-wallpaper.jpg

Looks the same as at E3 to me. People noted smudgy ground textures then too.

I'm just hoping on the visual front they've improved the aliasing and it has a smooth framerate. If they have I think it'll be a beautiful game.

And...

I wonder if that's Olimar's daughter or wife.

@Zechs Merquise, I'd imagine people are 'nit-picking' because they've just spent £250-300 on a new console and would like to be getting something back for their money! :p If it's still going to look like a last-gen game, well then it should have been a last gen game and Nintendo should have continued supporting the Wii for another couple of years!

Def agree with this myself. Game's been well overdue(and started out as a Wii title, no? Twilight Princess again is it?) - This is Nintendo, a new system, and HD in a long HD generation. There should be no excuse for this not to look as awesome and pretty as anything current market - yet from the screens it doesn't appear so. If Nintendo can't even make decent use of their hardware to produce amazing visuals, then who else can be expected to?

Yeah, at E3 I thought this didn't look great (graphics-wise) so I didn't understand why everyone kept going on about its beautiful scenery and what not.

I'm with you on this. It's been held up by so many people as testament to the Wii U's power when it's really nothing special on a technical level - on the surface at least (maybe there is a bunch of stuff ging on under the hood but I doubt it). The plants do look quite good but a lot of the other models just aren't impressive at all, and resolution aside, look how I'd imagine their Wii incarnations would have looked. As other have said, the ground textures need some work and you can play count the polygon on some of that scenery.

And the longer the games gets delayed, the more apparent these things become when they leave them as they are.

STILL no release date!!!... still 'a few months away'!

*This is a flying pikmin, they have wings so they can fly, these flying pikmin are called winged pikmin*

... I get it! :rolleyes:

I don't. It's a frickin' joke. Nintendo can't even support their own console it seems.

Did you guys see it?

Did you guys see the flying Pikmin?

pikminox.png

It's right there in the back, ....see?

So, I heard there's flying Pikmin in this.

It'll be a nice to use them when we can FINALLY PLAY IT.

So, I heard there's flying Pikmin in this.

It'll be a nice to use them when we can FINALLY PLAY IT.

Nintendo goes bankrupt in July, Pikmin 3 never occurs ;P

OOOOH OK now I see the flying Pikmin! - Said everyone at E3 last year.

Boxart does look nice though! ;)

Gotta love that launch period. Who would of guessed @ E3 last year the game would be released after E3 2013? Still at least it finally has a confirmed release date for Japan and NA.

Where is the Euro date?

Edited by liger05

Maybe they can celebrate the launch window by releasing it on the Wii's 1 year anniversary! :p