NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cube

Beyond: Two Souls

The last one also looks like an Adam Baldwin/Joss Whedon lovechild.

Heavy Rain was very flawed but a big step up from Fahrenheit. If this can manage a similar progression then it's definitely one to keep an eye on.

It's ironic they should get Ellen Page in, given she was obviously the inspiration for Ellie from The Last of Us.

US Release Date of October 8th... the PS3's big swan song? (still Puppeteer etc... to be dated though)

New Trailer

Edited by Retro_Link

FUC-KING AWE-SOME!!!!

I Friggin' love Willem Dafoe, .....

Damn you awesome game industry! DAMN YOU!!!!!

Nice. I might be wrong but I can't think of any other box art that focuses on a character's expression like this.

Beyond can be played with an iPad

Other iOS and Android devices supported for PS3 game. Co-op mode also announced.

Beyond: Two Souls for the PlayStation 3 can be played via a touch screen iOS or Android device, such as the iPad, Sony has revealed at gamescom.

A free app for touch screen devices will be released, allowing the tablet to connect to the PS3 via WiFi. The game will switch to easy and feature a very simple touch-to-move control system.

Quantic Dream's David Cage also revealed that a co-op Duo mode will be included, allowing a second player to use a control pad to play as Aiden, with players using his powers to solve puzzles. Any combination of touch screen devices or controllers can be used to play Duo Mode.

The new touch screen control mode was designed for people who weren't "born with a Dualshock in their hands".

That's pretty intriguing.

I know virtually nothing about this game. Sony have been surprisingly quiet about it, too. I think I'll pick it up out of sheer intrigue.

Amazon must have put the price of it down at some point, but I have no idea when. I pre-ordered the steelbook version at £44.53, and now it's £32.99 in my account (which is less than the current price) and has been upgraded to free first class post.

Amazon must have put the price of it down at some point, but I have no idea when. I pre-ordered the steelbook version at £44.53, and now it's £32.99 in my account (which is less than the current price) and has been upgraded to free first class post.

Glad I still lurk periodically around these parts :wink:

Switched my £45 preorder from shopto to Amazon, so cheers for that.

Yeah Amazon have a ton of killer pre order offers.

This is £32.99 right now for the special edition.

Heavy Rain was worth it for the adrenaline rush alone so I'll probably pick this up when it's a bit cheaper simply because of the feels. It doesn't even need to be good, 'entertaining' will suffice.

Plus Zimmer

Yeah Amazon have a ton of killer pre order offers.

This is £32.99 right now for the special edition.

:( Shame I don't have a credit card...Prices on German Amazon are atrocious. 70€ for the standard edition...

Just tried the demo out, got early access due to a gamestop give away for the US psn store.

Controls much better than any other Quantic Dream game that's for sure and it looks great.

Could do without the black borders though.

Not sure if they are still giving out codes. You need FB and you need to Like GS

https://www.facebook.com/GameStop?sk=app_174961479209942

Edited by bryanee

I"m sure it'll be great, I loved Heavy Rain, but by god is the dialogue in that tv spot atrocious! :D

Anyone else buying this? I played the demo over the weekend and loved it to bits. I was always getting it anyway as Heavy Rain was one of my favourite experiences this generation, so more of the same kind of gameplay/storytelling will be a treat.

The reviews are starting to pop up and wouldn't be surprised to see scores ranging from 4/10 to 9/10.

I do want to get it now but having just paid for my PS4 I cant really afford it so I think it will either be a Christmas present or I'll buy it next year.

I pre-ordered the special edition off Amazon that was posted on here. Don't know what to expect. Looking forward to it.

- Destructiod: 5/10

- Dualshockers: 8/10

- Eurogamer: 6/10

- Game Informer: 7.75/10

- GameSpot: 9/10

- High-Def Digest: 4.5/5

- IGN: 6/10

- IRB Gamer: 4.5/5

- Joystiq: 2.5/5

- Next-Gen Gaming Blog: 9/10

- NY Times: No Score (but scathing)

- Official PlayStation Magazine: 8/10

- PlayStation Lifestyle: 8.5/10

- PlayStation Universe: 9.5/10

- Polygon: 8/10

- Rev3games: 5/5

I'm kind of more looking forward to it because reviews are all over the place.

Sign in to follow this