N-Europe

New Super Mario Bros 2

bryanee

Hang on a tick? Aren't we missing a course pack?

Shouldn't there be another one containing SMB3 levels? Or does this include the 2 extra levels hidden away somehow? (Not gonna get a chance to play it till later on)

Rather than just having 3 levels that are the same, this one has six that you get 3 random ones from

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than just having 3 levels that are the same, this one has six that you get 3 random ones from

Oh wow that's awesome! :D

Hope we get more packs like that, even if they charge a higher price for them (I like the random course selection element, helps keep things fresh in the 3 base packs :) )

Oh wow that's awesome! :D

Hope we get more packs like that, even if they charge a higher price for them (I like the random course selection element, helps keep things fresh in the 3 base packs :) )

Scratch that. I was wrong. I just got a chance to play, went down the first pipe in 1-1 and it sent me to 1-2

So many alternate exits made out of Mario games.

One of the SMB3 exits has a block like the ending block in SMB3, but it obviously gives items

Pfft, once again Nintendo have shown just how behind they are with gaming, can someone give me a valid reason as to why I should give Nintendo another chance with this new content? Oh it's free, so what!? I have to waste my meaningless virgin life for it to download when it should have been here day 1!

If anything Nintendo should be giving us money for every time we download any content of this game to say sorry they didn't add it from day 1 when I bought this half assed effort of a game!

Scratch that. I was wrong. I just got a chance to play, went down the first pipe in 1-1 and it sent me to 1-2

So many alternate exits made out of Mario games.

One of the SMB3 exits has a block like the ending block in SMB3, but it obviously gives items

Oh, nevermind then. That's still pretty cool though.

Looking forward to playing it :)

Pfft, once again Nintendo have shown just how behind they are with gaming, can someone give me a valid reason as to why I should give Nintendo another chance with this new content? Oh it's free, so what!? I have to waste my meaningless virgin life for it to download when it should have been here day 1!

If anything Nintendo should be giving us money for every time we download any content of this game to say sorry they didn't add it from day 1 when I bought this half assed effort of a game!

Not sure if you're serious or facetious :p

The way that they've incorporated the extra levels is really quite cool. It's definitely not just the classic levels untouched, but rather a cool remix of each level with some novel twists and surprises involved with the way that the mountain of coins is shoved in.

Fun stuff :)

Trying not to sound thick, but how do you download the packs. eshop says in-game but I can't find an option anywhere to do this.

Have you got Spotpass turned on? The shop doesn't appear in the menu until you receive a Spotpass notification from Nintendo (it then appears at the bottom of the screen in the coin rush menu)

Righteo, havn't recieved any messages from Ninty as of yet. Spotpass is on, just checked now and it has been since i bought the game.

In that case, you should recieve the message automatically and then find the menu option at the bottom of the main coin rush menu screen (where you select Streetpass or regular coin rush)

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently went back to New Super Mario Bros 2 in an attempt to find all of the secret exits and star coins. Unfortunately, I'm really struggling to enjoy it :hmm:

It's certainly not a bad game but it has been one of the least appealing Mario games I've ever played..

I've recently went back to New Super Mario Bros 2 in an attempt to find all of the secret exits and star coins. Unfortunately, I'm really struggling to enjoy it :hmm:

It's certainly not a bad game but it has been one of the least appealing Mario games I've ever played..

Yep, I didn't collect the coins either, unlike in NSMB and NSMB Wii. It's the familiarity and lack of progress, really. Looks, plays and sounds just like the two previous games, so it feels rather dull and boring, like playing the same game for the third time.