NEurope
ReZourceman

Anchorman 2

Step Brothers 2 is in the works too apparently :)

Did you guys like Walk Hard? Not Will Ferrell but John C Riley is also pretty hilarious.

I always used to think I didn't like Will Ferrell, I'd seen him in Elf and something else and was just kinda all 'mehhh', I had heard frequently about Anchorman at the time but not seen it either. Then Anchorman was kind of excellent. I saw Step Brothers not too long ago, and that was pretty fab too! I dunno if its their faces or what, but something about both Ferrel and Reiley kinda puts me off them. Not seen Talladega Nights, but I'd certainly be interested in seeing a second Step Brothers if it's done decently. Btw, for whoever recommended The Other Guys...yes.

Step Brothers, Other Guys and Talladega Nights I found funny as hell, well worth a watch if you like Ferrell.

I forgot Other Guys was only last year! Loved it! "I did my first desk pop!" And yeah I have seen the others when they came out years ago.

I forgot Other Guys was only last year! Loved it! "I did my first desk pop!" And yeah I have seen the others when they came out years ago.

Me too I could have sworn it was the year before...then again I did see it as the featured film on a flight last year so that kinda features I guess...

Here's a couple of hints as to where the story will be going.

On March 28th, we got the surprise announcement that Paramount Pictures had given the green light to a sequel to 2004's Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. Will Ferrell made the announcement in character on "Conan," but we didn't hear anything about the possible story for the follow-up.

Now, Adam McKay, who will write the comedy with Ferrell and will again direct, talked to Salon and dropped some brief bits.

Asked if he could reveal anything, McKay said: "I don't want to give away too much, but I'll just give a couple pieces of ideas that we’ve kicked around. Keep in mind we're still writing the story, but I'll say one phrase for you: custody battle. I'll give you that. I’ll give you one other one: bowling for dollars."

Steve Carrell and Paul Rudd are involved in the sequel as well. The original film also starred Christina Applegate, David Koechner, Fred Willard, Fred Armisen, Chris Parnell and many more.

Didn't see Anchorman until just last week when I watched to see what all the fuss was about. I don't like Will Ferrel (any time I've seen him in a film it/he's been shit and unfunny) but he was good/likeable in Anchorman at least.

It was a funny film but having finally seen it for myself, I don't think it deserves the hype it gets =\ it's nothing amazing.

Still, I'll be watching the sequel.

Didn't see Anchorman until just last week when I watched to see what all the fuss was about. I don't like Will Ferrel (any time I've seen him in a film it/he's been shit and unfunny) but he was good/likeable in Anchorman at least.

It was a funny film but having finally seen it for myself, I don't think it deserves the hype it gets =\ it's nothing amazing.

Still, I'll be watching the sequel.

You're dead to me!

Yeah, Peeps. I can't believe you're going to watch the sequel. :blank:

You're dead to me, too.

You're dead to me!

It was funny but not as funny as everyone thinks it was :p

::shrug: am I just digging a deeper hole?

Not enough Fey/Poehler :heh:

Plus, HD does not do those guys any favours.

This is so getting bought.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38449

Anything his English broadcasting counterpart Alan Partridge can do, Ron Burgundy can do with more capital letters, for the world-reknowned (albeit fictional) news anchor is publishing his very own autobiography, dubbed 'LET ME OFF AT THE TOP!: My Classy Life and Other Musings', and it's out both in print and on digital formats on November 19, a month before the release of Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues on December 20.

Most book publing press releases are dull affairs, but when Ron is involved, things get a little bit more extravagant, as this choice quote below proves:

"Ron Burgundy is known to all as the lead anchorman of San Diego’s award-winning Action 4 News Team and anchor of the first 24-hour news channel, GNN (Global News Network), but few know the real man behind the news desk. In 'LET ME OFF AT THE TOP!' he will share never-before-told stories of his childhood and the events that led him to choose a career in the news business.

"He will offer a rare glimpse behind the camera into the real life of a man many consider to be our greatest living news anchor. In his own words, he will share personal anecdotes about the women in his life, about his dog, Baxter, and his legendary news team. Along the way, he’ll also give sage advice on a variety of topics that matter most to him. The long wait is over. Ron Burgundy pulls no punches in this widely anticipated, fully authorized tell-all autobiography."

And what about Ron himself? What does he have to say about it all?

“I don’t know if it’s the greatest autobiography ever written. I’m too close to the work,” Burgundy said. “I will tell you this much: the first time I sat down and read this thing... I cried like a goddamn baby, and you can take that to the bank!”

Ron Burgundy watches Irish TV Show Love/Hate.... now you Brits (and Europeans) have no excuse not to watch it! :heh: (1st 3 seasons on US Netflix...4th will prolly be added after Sunday I guess)

I went and seen this last night. Freaking hilarious. It wasn't as good as the original ( it was never going to be ) but the laughs were non stop. I can see a lot of people slagging it off for just being more of the same but this was fine with me. There's a couple of scenes in the film ( I won't spoil it ) where me and my mates just completely lost it. So funny. :D

I also finished reading Ron Burgundys autobiography this week, which again is hilarious. Well worth checking out if you like the films.

Yeah I loved this. Very funny. I think it was not constant laughs, but really liked the laughs that were there. Some fucking hilarious bits. I also liked the jab at news.

I agree with two posts above. Lots of good references to the first film as well.

I just read an older post that said look out for 'bowling for dollars' did I miss something?