Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Formula 1 2012

Retro_Link

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just watched that Kimi vid, absolutely fantastic! Loved it. I loved that they blackmailed him with pics of him drinking haha.

Anyway, 4 races left this season...Anyone but Vettel please. Alonso has been mighty this year...just needs a couple of more tenths on that car and he's set.

Circuit of the America's

Some nice variation. The back straight doesn't seem like a long one, which is good as we have too many of those. Seems like a clockwise Istanbul Turn 8 just before the end of the lap. And Turn 1 is pretty crazy, it's SO wide going in, and yet there seems to be quite a tight line through it!

Really looking forward to the race tomorrow! At a first glance it looks the Red Bulls are going to walk it but the top three teams are incredibly close in terms of race pace. Also the RB's are going to be in danger on the first lap as they are 10KPH slower than the Ferrari's and 7-8 slower than the Macca's...really hoping Lewis can sneak one up the inside on Seb on the first lap.

Also, it looks like Seb went off the track twice during his pole lap and it's going round twitter that he might be disqualified.

Ah, the drama.

Sauber sign Hulkenberg -

Sauber have named German Nico Hulkenberg as one of their two drivers for the 2013 Formula 1 season.

The 25-year-old, who made his debut in 2010, currently drives for Force India and is 12th in the championship with 49 points.

"We've been observing Nico for some time now and his performances have been very persuasive," said Sauber team principal Monisha Kaltenborn.

Hulkenberg added: "It's a well-placed team and very competitive."

The favourite for the second Sauber seat is their Mexican reserve driver Esteban Gutierrez, who had a run in first practice at the Indian Grand Prix last weekend.

The team have Mexican sponsors, who were brought to the team by Sergio Perez last season. Perez is moving to McLaren for 2013.

The incumbent, Japan's Kamui Kobayashi, still has hopes of retaining his drive and is looking for sponsorship at home in attempt to boost his chances.

Another potential candidate is former Toro Rosso driver Jaime Alguersuari, who is being pushed in certain quarters on account of his strong season in 2011.

Alguersuari, who is also a candidate to replace Hulkenberg at Force India, would also bring with him knowledge of next year's Pirelli tyres - he has been the tyre company's official test driver this season.

The leading candidate to replace Hulkenberg at Force India is German Adrian Sutil, who raced for the team for six years but was dropped at the end of 2011.

Sutil was convicted last February of assault over an incident in a Shanghai nightclub following last year's Chinese Grand Prix.

But team owner and principal Vijay Mallaya said in India last weekend that Sutil could make a return in 2013.

Alguersuari's former team-mate Sebastien Buemi is also a candidate at Force India.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20152082

Poor Kamui... where's his seat :(

I don't really see what's in this move for Hulk?

Are he and Sauber really expecting to be mixing it even stronger at the front next year?... I'm just not sure they have the budget for it. Yes they've delivered a couple of podiums this year, but I'd still expect them to be quite like for like with Force India across the duration of the season.

Maybe that's it, maybe the future of Force India isn't looking all that promissing?

And I guess if Sauber continue their form into next year, at least he's got a slightly better chance of reaching the podium.

Bianchi to Force India? Wouldn't mind seeing what he's made of.

Though I'd personally like to see Alguersuari back in F1.

Edited by Retro_Link

Yeah I thought Hulkenberg was attracting the attention of bigger teams, Same for Di Resta. I'm quite happy that Sauber have signed him though as he's been a good point scorer this season. Sauber are more likely to score podiums than Force India, or at least they've looked it this season.

Good replacement really for Perez. Don't like that Kobayashi could be out, but i'm sure he could find a drive (hopes)

I think he may have only signed for Sauber for 1 year, so he's proabably still looking at the Ferrari 2014 seat.

If Sauber sign Gutierrez it'll purely be sponsorship/money related which is sad for Kamui. Gutierrez didn't look that great during Practice 1 in India, though it was dusty thf. But there are such better, more deserving drivers for that seat.

Talk of the Force India seat going back to Sutil. Again, I'd rather it went to Alguersuari, Bianchi, Kovalienen or Kamui.

I really hope Kamui gets some sponsorship to keep his seat. He's still one of my favourites and he's still clearly got tons to give. I can't believe Japan doesn't have at least couple of names that'd like to paste themselves on the side of an F1 car for a few spare mil.

What an incredible race!!!! :D

I'm SO HAPPY!

I got a bit emotional when Kimi crossed the finish line!

Been far too long since I've heard the Finnish national anthem! And the same national anthem combo as during his McLaren days!

Jon Noble @NobleF1

Kimi is a star. That is all.

Will Buxton @Willbuxton

Kimi. Legend. That is all.

Pablo Elizalde @EliGP

Thank you, F1, for Kimi

Fake Charlie Whiting @Charlie_whiting

Kimi. I love you. Your radio calls should be sold as ringtones.

Grand Prix Diary @GrandPrixDiary

Kimi: "Leave me alone - I know what I'm doing." The man is pure gold.

Grand Prix Diary @GrandPrixDiary

Kimi Raikkonen. King of Comedy.

Kevin Eason @easonF1

Kimi gets even better. His engineer tells him to warm all 4 tyres. "Yes, yes, yes, yes ...." Kimi retorts

Edd Straw @eddstrawF1

Kimi is the only driver in the field capable of combining leading a grand prix with withering comedy. Legend!

Sniff Petrol @sniffpetrol

Kimi is like the anti-Massa. One goes, 'Erm, just remind me, what are tyres?' and the other shouts, 'Sod off, I'm DOING it.' #F1

Pablo Elizalde @EliGP

Go ahead, tell Kimi something on the radio now

Jeremy Clarkson @jcrclarksonesq

I take it we are all rooting for Kimi

Simon Strang @StrangAutosport

Fab race. No way @alo_oficial is getting by Kimi though - of all the people to have to hunt down...

Pablo Elizalde @EliGP

So yeah, Kimi knew what he had to do

Edd Straw @eddstrawF1

That’s Kimi Raikkonen’s 19th F1 win. 15th in the all-time list.

Expand

Marc Priestley @f1elvis

Was glad to hear Kimi hasn't changed on the car radio. Still shouting abuse back at his engineers! Legend.

F1Zone @f1zone

Oh my god Kimi you legend! #f1

Neil Spalding @Spalders

Never give Kimi a live microphone... Awesome.

James Allen ‏@Jamesallenonf1

#f1 Message to FOM - why not offer fans a chance to get a subscription to Kimi's radio traffic? Would be a sell-out product!

Sean Kelly ‏@virtualstatman

Kimi Raikkonen is the first man to win a race with car #9 since.... Kimi Raikkonen (Japan 2005).

Mario Andretti ‏@marioAndretti:

Well done Kimi & @Lotus_F1Team great to see "black&gold" in winner circle again

Wow, great race, so happy that Kimi has got a win this year. I would have preferred Alonso to have won for the title battle but I don't mind seeing as Vettel was behind him. Another great race for this season, super excited for the last two, I'll be in Japan so no idea what times those races are going to be on at.

I like your t-shirt designs, why do they all say by Tom Clancy?

Is your actual name the same as the author?

Or his is the same as mine, ;) but yeah! Thanks man!

Those tees are so damn good! I would love to own one of them, just brilliant.
Yeah I imagine they would fetch a hefty price if one ever found its way on to eBay! 1/500!

Looking forward to seeing the Austin track too!

It's gonna be a late one on the BBC though isn't it! I think Canada was 11.00pm this year wasn't it!

Edited by Retro_Link
Automerged Doublepost

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!